140 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose from the following

• Glaug
    • Queadluun Rau
    • Destroids (any of 5)
    • SDF-1
    • Mospeada Invids
    • any Southern Cross Mechas (really?)

I would like to know what fans want for our next line of Robot vinyl collection.

This pole will help determine the next figure that I'm designing for that series.

We'll keep the price in $25 range, so it will be just like a Battle pod (Regult)

in terms of size and articulation.

If you have any other suggestions Please let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Maiden Japan

Glaug FTW! Like the Regault I don't have one in any decent scale so I would love to have one. Revoltechs don't count.

This is really cool that we can give direct feedback to a toy designer for a future Macross product!!! Thanks for the opportunity Maiden Japan! i voted Glaug and Destroids as the 2 products i would most likely buy in this size and scale. Love me some more destroids

How about the Gnerl fighter pod? Looks like a simple enough toy that could be priced under $20 (esp at 1/100 scale).

+1

I love the Gnerl... ^_^

also a QF-3000 ghost would be cool although I don't know how well all the fins and bits would hold up in Vinyl

Edited by anime52k8

Glaug is a no-brainer.

Invid Mecha would be awesome too, specially if they could be made in scale with existing lines, depending on they respective "real world" sizes: A Ligaa in 1/10 scale should be doable (1/18-1/15 would be more practical, though), and all other units in 1/55 to go with the Masterpice Alphas and Betas.

I voted destroid and Mospeada invid just because I figured the Glaug would win anyway. Just want to show support for those two items too. Of course if I had to choose between the Destroids and the Invid I'd probably go Invid because Mospeada really gets no love

I would also REALLY like a highly detailed SDF Macross as a display piece. TV show style and In ship form. doesn't need to transform. Maybe 10" long. That would be sweet.

Something that would look really nice next to a galactica or enterprise...

Edited by pondo

A TV version of ANY SDF-Macross character would be nice. Didn't watch DYRL as a kid, so I have no connection to the story or the characters at all.

Any 1/60 Regult/Glaug/"green-Rau" would also be a welcome addition to my Yamato Valks!

A TV version of ANY SDF-Macross character would be nice. Didn't watch DYRL as a kid, so I have no connection to the story or the characters at all.

Any 1/60 Regult/Glaug/"green-Rau" would also be a welcome addition to my Yamato Valks!

yeah, tv versions seem that much cooler....

My poll vote is for Invid/Inbit, since in the hobby overall there's a greater lack of them represented in toy or plastic kit form. I'd prefer a Grab. but would be happy with any, scaled for MPC or Super-Posable collections.

If we're keeping to the Macross property, however, I'd go for the Glaug.

Thanks for the poll, Maiden Japan! Its good to have an indication that Toynami is considering more sofubi!

Edited by AcroRay

I vote for Invids, I believe there is a worldwide market for Invid figures (well, maybe not thaaaat big of a market, but Toynami could seriously sell A LOT of these since there is no one else making Invid representations)

Thanks for considering our opinions! Good luck!!

1- Glaug

2- Inbit Gosu

edit: 3- Q-Rau

WHAT HE SAID; MISSILE REGULT, THEN GLAUG, THEN THE 3 GOSU VARIATIONS.

(for the gosu, I hope the cockpit area can still be made of semi-clear plastic with a viewable pilot inside. A scout regult would need its bubble in plastic anyway so you may need to mix the materials somehow - not sure if plastic and vinyl can be linked in a high-quality way though . . .)

I'd say Inbit...preferably the little red "Eager"/iigaa/whatever the scouts are called, always was fond of those, though I know I'm probably in the minority there. Glaug would go great with the Regult though--or a Rau or Ger (especially the movie version Ger...).

Thanks Maiden Japan...

This is great news. I just bought the new battle pod (and am looking forward to it arriving) and I am glad that there is possiblitiy of new stuff.

I voted for Glaug but it was SOOOOOO close to my want for an Invid to go with my megahouse and CMS ride armor. Either one of those would be fantastic.

Also since Yamato seems to be passing on the Destroid spartan, if Toynami made one in 1/60 scale that would be pretty fantastic too.

I look forward to seeing what you design.

I PICKED IN THIS ORDER AND VOTED FOR GLAUG

1.Glaug.........................(PICKED THIS FIRST)

2.Destroids (any of 5).....(LETS HAVE THEM)

3.Queadluun Rau...........(WOULD IT INCLUDE ALL VERSIONS FROM DYRL?)

4.SDF-1........................(REALLY?)

5.any Southern Cross Mechas (really?)..... AJAB BABY!

6.Mospeada Invid....................................(AFTER YOU DO ALL OF THE ABOVE THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS)

AND NOT IN 5 YEARS PLEASE.

Wow! I'm really sorry I sounded condescending about the Battlepod in that thread towards you. Really nice of you to ask the fans directly for input on the next piece to be designed. And yes, I agree with most on a Glaug. Then the Nousjadeul-Ger. Let's focus on Macross/Robotech enemy mecha before moving onto the other series. I would love to see character figures of the TV characters and even Movie versions.