Klan WIP

Ruak

Good stuff Ruak. I know you said it WIP but Klan looks a bit knocked up there... lol.

heya Exo, how have you been? Yeah I had some reference photos Of a model shoot that I did a while back. So because my stuff has been allot more realistic over the past few years Klan was being influenced by that. I should go back and Anime her up some more before I do the normal maps.

Yeah I use maya. I was going to make it Maya exclusive but after I finished the block in I decided to Zbrush her a little. I will probably go back to Maya though to finish her low poly and apply her maps.

• 2 months later...

lol. I saw the previous post last night and I thought, hey the face looks too abrasive, but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut until it's all done. The colored version makes it come to lifeand still has that anime look! Awesome work Ruak.

lol. I saw the previous post last night and I thought, hey the face looks too abrasive, but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut until it's all done. The colored version makes it come to lifeand still has that anime look! Awesome work Ruak.

That's usually my main complaint about fan art of Meltran-form Klan. They never get the face right. As a matter of fact, I'm actually kind of tired of all of them drawn with her in her pressure suit. I'd love to see some submissions with her wearing civvies... or at least a uniform of sorts.

The model is really starting to look good. What's with the slight camel-toe? :p

Hmmn. Any chance you could do a new head, a few tweaks to the body/suit* and make a flight-suit Grace? :)

*wouldn't have to be 100% correct, just a few of the more obvious things

if you could find me enough material, afraid I don't have any source art for Grace.

The suit's pretty simple, shape-wise. It's skin tight EVERYWHERE--there's no shoulder pads or forearm-things like on Klan's.

This is everything that's ever been shown, so nobody could say you're wrong for any un-shown detail. :) (unless of course, the 2nd movie has a longer version of this scene or something). (I think that most of the stripes/markings match Brera's, I'll try to get some images of his suit)

But as I said---no need to spend too much time/effort on "little details that nobody is certain of". Just do the main things and I think we'd all be very appreciative of your work.

If you want the individual frames that the "GracePan" jpg was made from, give me your email and I'll send them. And I have LOTS of good photos of her head/hair/face from every angle I could send. (including a very large version of my avatar, of course).

post-16-127457521779_thumb.jpg

post-16-127457552044_thumb.jpg

face pics would be a major bonus (for getting the head right). I was going to try to do some rework of Klan's head, and considering doing a new outfit for her. Its been a nice change from doing Valks or my normal character work. Thats not totally true. I really want to get back to my Zero and finish the textures for it then Finish the modeling work I started on my VF-25... I have way to many modeling projects

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ruakar#p/a/u/1/Y89YGWcmeRc

and the first animation test for her.

post-1512-127463505166_thumb.jpg

post-1512-127463506672_thumb.jpg

post-1512-127463508337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ruak

Ruak----I just emailed some reference pics to your hotmail account, let me know if you do/don't get them.

thanks, I just watched episode 25 again, do you remember what one had her in the flight suit? 22, 23? its been a while since i had seen the whole series

Oh, snap! I was wondering how people knew that Grace had killed the soldiers that Leon sent to kill her. I missed this little "easter egg", if you want to call it that.

Okay, sorry for keeping things off-topic. How's the project going?

You mean you've missed flightsuit Grace all this time?

PS to Ruak---did you get the reference pics I emailed? I never heard back.

Yes sir I did. i had to look for them because anyone not on my list goes to junk. And thank you again. I may have some time tonight to work on a mod of Klan. We just submitted a build to Microsoft at work and I have nothing to do but wait to hear back.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news/updates? :)

Hard drive crash.. grrr. just back up and running. going to see how much I lost on work I am actually getting paid for first. then I am going to see if i can recover my side projects. "klan n some valks" I try not to get to heart broken about this sort of thing though because its just an opportunity to make it better. :)