Chilean MW Members

Hi all

Reporting from Chile

What can I say, only 30 minutes ago I regain total Electricity, water supply and Internet connectivity, Here in the town where I live the Quake's Hit was low (regardless the 8.8º richter) but in the nearby areas the destruction is very High

Yesterday we have electricity for a couple of hours and the destruction in others cities is overwhelming for what can I see on TV. At teast 2 Coastal cities were half destroyed by the tsunami and a town in the Archipelago Juan Fernandez aswell

I don't know what news you have, but here the total victims is already over 711 people and nobody wants to give a number of missing persons, because all ne numbers raises minute by minute

Now at night the real concern is the security because the panic plunders are starting and at least one city is under military control

Well, By for now

Hi Xeros,

Have you heard any specific areas that were affected? MW member maximilian_jenius is from San Pedro de la Paz.

I also hope you and your family and friends are all safe.

Mike

Edited by azrhino

Maximillian is from Concepcion, one of the cities more affected. Even Curfew is applicated right now there, due looting. I don't have heard fron him and none of Macross fans from there, so I hope that he and everybody are OK.

I live in Santiago, but right now (and at the momet of earthquake) I'm in Brasil. My return flight on saturday was cancelled due damage on Santiago's Airport. Until now I don't know when I could return to my Country. At least, my family and home it's OK. I don't know either the condition of my collection, but that's not so important at this time.

Best regards and thank you for your preoccupation.

Ruben.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

I post again

HI

I don't know where to post this but I think that is important in inform to all you what is happening here in chile.

I'm an old member on MWF and I have many friends here. I want to inform to all of you, that I'm ok, there is about 800 dead people in about 7 cities.

the military has taken the city to ensure the security because the vandals are taking ther supermarket, storage, deparmet store, etc.

I'M THE ONLY MWF MEMBER POSTING FROM CONCEPCION (THE ONE OF THE MOST DAMAGE CITY AND WITH STATE OF WAR DECLARE BY THE PRESIDENT)

in fact in this time my dad have a little engine to make work the laptop. and have internet for a few hours.

in this time there is forbiden to walk on the street from the 19:00 to 12 afternoon (whe have only 6 hours to get food and water)

Like I said the military have take the order on the city, there is no money and food, the vandals has over taking the city so the military tonight will start the offensive.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!

I post again

HI

I don't know where to post this but I think that is important in inform to all you what is happening here in chile.

I'm an old member on MWF and I have many friends here. I want to inform to all of you, that I'm ok, there is about 800 dead people in about 7 cities.

the military has taken the city to ensure the security because the vandals are taking ther supermarket, storage, deparmet store, etc.

I'M THE ONLY MWF MEMBER POSTING FROM CONCEPCION (THE ONE OF THE MOST DAMAGE CITY AND WITH STATE OF WAR DECLARE BY THE PRESIDENT)

in fact in this time my dad have a little engine to make work the laptop. and have internet for a few hours.

in this time there is forbiden to walk on the street from the 19:00 to 12 afternoon (whe have only 6 hours to get food and water)

Like I said the military have take the order on the city, there is no money and food, the vandals has over taking the city so the military tonight will start the offensive.

Cool deal Maximilian! Sorry to hear about the circumstances but glad to hear you guys are okay. B))

Oh shoot... I forgot Sebastian is back in Chile from HK now... good to know!

Actually, Sebastian was living in Shanghai, not Hong Kong, although he did visit HK quite often on business.

And he's been back in Chile quite a while already, about 6 months or so I think IIRC.

Graham

26735_338695161990_582276990_4087408_912603_n.jpg

pic of talcahuano (near city in the cost of concepcion) http://picasaweb.google.es/alvein.lantis/T...strofe27022010#

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2049...p;id=1000314837

pics of concepcion (my city):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1586...mp;id=582276990

mari ijima send her words to chile

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/vi...2860&ref=nf

Edited by maximilian_jenius