Yamato 1/60 YF-19 custom paint

Firefox

Not my best piece of work. Yamato used tons of glue in this. Some parts simply can't be disassembled dispite screws have been removed.

I've seen many custom paints here based on Russsia or US fighters. I tried something different, it's based on Israel and Sout Africa fighters. ^_^

post-731-1267268074_thumb.jpg

post-731-1267268082_thumb.jpg

post-731-1267268166_thumb.jpg

post-731-1267353814_thumb.jpg

post-731-1267353832_thumb.jpg

post-731-1267353842_thumb.jpg

post-731-1267353849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Firefox

Looks really nice.

Just a small critique, I think when painting camo, you should paint in light coats rather than thick applications. Then smooth everything over with a clear satin or clear matte finish.

Thanks for the advice mate! I'm still learning how to do that. The masking tapes always left thick lines around them. I heard people would sand them before applying clear coat. Do you know what type/number of sand paper to do it?

Gerwalk and Battroid are on the way.

Very cool paint job.

One tiny nitpick about your third picture though: when you want to flip something upside down like that, you should rotate it 180 degrees instead of just flipping it vertically. That way any text in the picture will read correctly (i.e. the "U.N. SPACY" on the leg.)

BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My current project (stuffed in a box) is a clone of Ramon's Israeli F-16 on a 1/55 Banai VF-1.

*VERY* WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Skull-1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Firefox

nice paint scheme

But it could look better if you sand down the paint gently with really fine grit wet sandpaper

Looks like the masking tape was taken off too early ( the paint did not cure enough )

was it hand brushed ???

just to let you know... nice to see something different

^_^

Edited by Ghostkiller

I think the 19 would look bad ass in a gray low viz color like the 1/48's did.

And my friend you just did even more justice. B))

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...