1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

Hell effin yes, today is full of awesome news, I got 3 normal regults, 2 heavy missile, I'm skippin the light missile but the glaug is oh so mine, and they announced the hi-metal VF-1S with parts, god damnit GET SOME!!!!!

Finally, Toynami is deciding to build a 1/100 Glaug. :D

I hope the gestation time is much quicker than the Regult's. I'm betting the price will be about $34.99, since there are more limbs and parts than the Regult.

Now I just need two more Regults, that Glaug and a couple of male power armors and I could be in hog heaven!

Hell if the knees bend and the cannon rotates and elevates its a done deal.

Edited by DARKWIND

These are starting to look better and better with Yamato charging exotic prices for their 1/60 Regult. I could almost see these Toynami 1/100 Regults being recommended as a "Best Buy" by Consumer Reports.

I almost regret not getting the Toynami Regults while I was at the SDCC. Toynami is working fast and I don't see Yamato making a Recon unit (which Toynami is likely to make) anytime soon or adding missiles as option parts with its 1/60 kit. I bet a TV Q-Rau is on the pipeline too. Still, not to keen on the lack of poseability, I understand these are soft vinyl toys, but a joint at the ankles on the Regult (like that of the main cannons), would've made a lot of difference. Decisions, decisions...

I for one am totally DOWN with Toynami cranking these things out. I say the more variants the better! Do all the enemy Zentradi Mecha and then move on to Mospeada....If Yamato thinks their $400 dollar piece of resin is the way to go..then hey..go for it. Meanwhile I will have an entire cabinet of Toynami enemy mecha for about the same freakin price as ONE Yamato 1:60 Regult. I have been first in line to bad mouth just about everything Toynami has brought to the table so far, with the one exception being the "Beta". (I don't consider the "Cyclones" a Toynami product), but with the economy the way it is...maybe they are onto something with this new line..... :ph34r:

When does the light missile come out? Is it an exclusive?

I am stoked to FINALLY have a small army of Regults. Key word, SMALL. But honestly, I am stoked. Thanks, Toynami!

Think somebody said a couple of more months somewhere back in the thread....usually not long after you see it at that stage...

Got my SDCC Regult today! :D

SDCCRegultResize.jpg

I think I may actually just leave this in the packaging, which is unusual for me. For one reason, Daisuke autographed it for me... and for two, it's an actual MACROSS product! Check out the box!

SDCCRegultBoxBottomResize.jpg

The package back seems pretty close to the previous Regult edition's writeup, but has the Japanese MACROSS logo. Sweet!

SDCCRegultBoxBackResize.jpg

It's a really nice looking item. Although the photos don't quite show it, the paint is a very matte paint that looks much less cartoon-like compared to the TV anime-coloring of the first two editions. It fits the DYRL style, and also helps accentuate the metallic colors on the cannons, feet & elsewhere. The packaging design also really shows off the toy nicely, as well as the SDCC edition markings and the Macross logos on the sides. So this is one item you don't have to feel bad about leaving in its box.

Again, this makes my old-school Macross fan's heart quite happy! Great work, Toynami!

I still don't know why they're releasing these DYRL regults as robotech items, robotech never had DYRL. That aside they're releasing them on robotech.com, I've looked through some forums on there and those people are idiots, they truly only buy items only if they say robotech on them, even though yamato's, bandai's, hell anyone's figures are better they just say macross.

I still don't know why they're releasing these DYRL regults as robotech items, robotech never had DYRL. That aside they're releasing them on robotech.com,

they're not Robotech items, they say macross right on the box. HG sells plenty of non-robotech stuff on robotech.com.

I've looked through some forums on there and those people are idiots, they truly only buy items only if they say robotech on them, even though yamato's, bandai's, hell anyone's figures are better they just say macross.

that's because they're sheep. ;)

Still, not to keen on the lack of poseability, I understand these are soft vinyl toys, but a joint at the ankles on the Regult (like that of the main cannons), would've made a lot of difference.

Ball joints at the big cannons, knees, and ankles are all I really want in a Regult (bonus points if they put on gimmicks like a closing eye or joints for the anti-personnel or AA cannons or a swappable large missile cluster with removable missiles).

they're not Robotech items, they say macross right on the box. HG sells plenty of non-robotech stuff on robotech.com.

that's because they're sheep. ;)

Hmm if they say macross on the box that's even worse, most of those retarded robotech purists won't even buy these guys, hell most are still asking "what's with the ugly green color?"

Does anybody have a picture of the Green Version from the movie?

I was thinking a screen shot from DYRL. =D

And by the way, the other guy, Robotech.com isn't out of stock, they're up for pre-order. Follow the link provided (you can't access it going to the robotech.com site, follow one of the links above)