1/100 Toynami Regult

ff95gj

Another quick comparison of Toynami Regult and Matchbox/Playmates Battle Pod:

QuickCompare2.jpg

Toynami Regult and Matchbox Micronized Zentraedi Soldier. 1/18 figure scale?

RegultandPilot.jpg

Regult vs Toynami 1/100 Milia Valkyrie:

RegultvsMillia.jpg

My personal money shot - Vintage Takatoku large sofubi Max Battroid with Toynami's newest Macross sofubi:

ToynamiandTakatoku.jpg

GREAT Pics - who woulda thought that matchbox guy would have any value in 2010 . . .

it actually looks pretty sweet.

I gotta say, that non-transforming matchbox robotech vf-1s fighter jet they had was always a guilty pleasure.

2839652322_712c9fc5c8.jpg

to confess even more blasphemy, I actually prefer jetfire to the macross chunkies...... There's something about that blunt nosecone that makes me think "safety"

Well, I finally bit the bullet and placed an order for one from BBTS. Given the price, even after shipping, and everyone's positive comments, I figured this vinyl rendition of everyone's favorite spiky-egg-on-stilts is worth a shot; despite it's articulation limitations and somewhat soft details, it certainly looks more authentic in it's depiction of the Regult than the Revoltech version (which is awesome in it's own way, just not as true to the source).

Now bring on the Command Pod (A well executed Glaug would be ubber sweet).

I like my new toynami regult and am glad I got one.

Definitely would get a Glaug if they made it.

Definitely would get a Regult Scout type if they made it.

Definitely would get a Gnerl Fighter if they made it.

Guess it's going to be my first toynami product ^_^

It looks very good, going to display it with my 1/100 Yamato König Monster (also getting Bandai's 1/100 Hi-Metal VF-1 and YF-21 for the same reason :lol: )

I still want 1/60 enemy mecha though!!!!!!

And articulated Zentran soldiers like the ultra limited T-Rex ones!!!!!!

Heavy Artillery Battlepod is now preorder at Big Bad Toy Store

Perordering now! Yay!

Just in time for my birthday! (41st)

Edited by AcroRay

Hey what is this Robotech thread doing in the Macross Toy area?! >EXO<!!!

The funny thing is I was so thrown off by the fact that it's called a Regult instead of Battle Pod that when I asked to preorder it, the place I called was confused too... "is it a Robotech Battlepod or Macross Regult?" I felt like I was on a quiz show over the phone and I couldn't phone a friend because I was already on the phone...

The funny thing is I was so thrown off by the fact that it's called a Regult instead of Battle Pod that when I asked to preorder it, the place I called was confused too... "is it a Robotech Battlepod or Macross Regult?" I felt like I was on a quiz show over the phone and I couldn't phone a friend because I was already on the phone...

Aren't a "Robotech Battlepod" and a "Macross Regult" exactly the same thing? ;)

"I want that 2-legged pod thingie designed by Kazutaka Miyatake from that Japanese cartoon..." :lol:

Edited by AcroRay

Maiden Japan, I'm curious - why did Toynami choose the heavy missile launcher Regult for the next entry, rather than the light missile launcher version (with the horizontal launchers of smaller missiles)?

I don't prefer one over the other. But I'm just curious as to what factors were involved in the decision, and if there is/was a light-missile version in development.

reguld-light.gif

I noticed the Max doll on bbts.. is still going to be released? I thought the line was dead?

Seriously... at this rate why even collect it. Maybe in five years they'll decide to release Roy. pass...

<-- though I do need a 12" Max to hold up my Cms Max thats holding my SHP Max.

Well, I chose heavy missile version because I had Revoltech figure that I used for reference. So it was easy decision to make heavy missile version first. I can't comment about light missile version or any other version at this point, but we might have some announcements or new display at this year's Comic Con.

Edited by Maiden Japan

Seriously... at this rate why even collect it. Maybe in five years they'll decide to release Roy. pass...

<-- though I do need a 12" Max to hold up my Cms Max thats holding my SHP Max.

btw when are our figures going out? Gotta make sure i remember... also sell me a painted max too =) since I have max doll that can hold the cms who will hold that small fig of yours.. lol

Well, I chose heavy missile version because I had Revoltech figure that I used for reference. So it was easy decision to make heavy missile version first. I can't comment about light missile version or any other version at this point, but we might have some announcements or new display at this year's Comic Con.

Sensible!

If you ever need any other references, you should just shout out here. I'm sure people would be happy to loan a vintage toy or model kit for reference - or plent of line art - if needed.

Actually, Bandai released some nice gashapon figures of the Regult a few years ago that included parts to make either the heavy missile or light missile versions. I'll take pics and update this thread.

I found this in my files, originally posted at (with credit and apologies) figures.com - showing the prototype Heavy Missile type at Toy Fair, I believe.

post-1561-1268662996_thumb.jpg

I got mine delivered yesterday and I must admit it's a very nice figure: beautiful sculpt... big and hefty (more true to scale than the old 1/100 kits), good paint application, some tampoed graphics, and decent articulation for the subject; although, the lack of adjustability for the feet is disappointing; but the "knee" rotation is nice, even if there is no pivot for bending.

Overall I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.

I got mine delivered yesterday and I must admit it's a very nice figure: beautiful sculpt... big and hefty (more true to scale than the old 1/100 kits), good paint application, some tampoed graphics, and decent articulation for the subject; although, the lack of adjustability for the feet is disappointing; but the "knee" rotation is nice, even if there is no pivot for bending.

Overall I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.

Ditto.

I haven't taken mine out of the box, but visually, really impressive (especially for a Toynami product). I almost want to buy another... but I think I'll wait for the heavy artillery since it's practically the same thing. =)

I would pay $50 for a 1/60 version easy.

BTW, AcroRay, nice find. =)

Edited by fifbeat

In messing around with mine, I found that the upper legs are made in segments and glued together (which includes a metal rod in the knee area, to prevent drooping over time I assume). With a little careful effort, you can get them apart. It might also provide an opportunity to modify the legs a bit for an enterprising customizer. (Apologies for the lack of reference pics.)

I think the only real change I'd like to see in future editions is some change in the "pelvis" assembly that the legs are mounted on. I'd like to see it made a tiny bit longer, to allow more clearance for the main hull over the hips to allow it to turn at the waist a bit more.

Edited by AcroRay

Sure it may not be true 1/60, but think of the space you save with it being a bit smaller in your dispaly case/dioramas.

To me the size and price are easy pickn's to slowly build an army with, hell all I want are two more.

But if they could articulate the knee just a little (while keeping the swivel), it could make for better poses.

Then I think it would be worth a few more bucks in sales if done well and reasonably sturdy.

In the meantime if anybody comes up with a mod/custom to the knees I'm all ears. :lol: