Landing Gear for Yamato Fan Racer model...

miriya

I have yet to build up my Yamato Fan Racer.

Unfortunately I got the first release without the pilot.

But I want to build it up with landing gear down.

However as you probably know, this kit does not come with a landing gear option.

I am thinking of kitbashing landing gear into it.

The question is what landing gear should I use?

Would a 1/72 jet kit work?

Which jet would have the closest match?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks.

gallery_4840_329_58042.jpg

fanracer02.JPG

Those landing gear panels on the wings are quite small and may be difficult to cut out, but I am thinking of giving it a shot. I dont know what would fit in there though in terms of just coming out, meeting the ground and looking decent. I am NOT looking to have retractable landing gear on this puppy.

I'm venturing a guess but the landing gears from a 1/72 WW2 P-39 Airacobra might work. Maybe also that of a 1/72 F-84 Thunderjet...

I'd say to look at airplanes that have low or mid-mounted wings, tall nose gears, and those that have the covers attached to the main landing gears.

Edited by Vifam7

I'm venturing a guess but the landing gears from a 1/72 WW2 P-39 Airacobra might work. Maybe also that of a 1/72 F-84 Thunderjet...

I'd say to look at airplanes that have low or mid-mounted wings, tall nose gears, and those that have the covers attached to the main landing gears.

1/72 f-105

http://data3.primeportal.net/page_images/aircraft/f-105d.jpg

Since it seems that the landing gears will all need to be the same length as the height that they come out of the wings and the nose fuselage are about the same, I am thinking that the F-84 is the way to go. Hopefully I can find a cheap kit. Thanks again everyone.

One additional note.

I have a feeling that model is very tail heavy. You might have to put some ballast in the nose.

First the front landing gear looks for the front to be similar to the A-4 Skyhawk front landing gear and the two rear undercarriage wheeels look like a Mitsubishi Zero's landing gear I think I have pictures for both. Specificly a 6AMM Mitsubishi Zero Sen X-133 part

post-12728-1267113679_thumb.jpg

post-12728-1267113689_thumb.jpg

post-12728-1267113789_thumb.jpg

Edited by leading edge

Definitely not a P-39 for the mains. The mains look like a Republic airplane though for sure. Maybe a P-47 Thunderbolt in terms of door shape. If not a Jug then something very close. Those angled small main doors are very P-47ish to me... Hmmmm.....

Edited by Skull-1

First the front landing gear looks for the front to be similar to the A-4 Skyhawk front landing gear and the two rear undercarriage wheeels look like a Mitsubishi Zero's landing gear I think I have pictures for both. Specificly a 6AMM Mitsubishi Zero Sen X-133 part

The doors are the wrong shape on the Zero...

I can see the airplane in my mind but I can't get it out. I keep coming back to P-47s....

The nose gear is wrong for the A-4 also. Yes it is tall, but it has that elbow... The nose strut on the racer is straight.

Edited by Skull-1

Since it seems that the landing gears will all need to be the same length as the height that they come out of the wings and the nose fuselage are about the same, I am thinking that the F-84 is the way to go. Hopefully I can find a cheap kit. Thanks again everyone.

F-105 is better than the F-84 for this.

Much closer fit. Still not perfect but closer.