MW SoCal Get together

Hey everyone. I have been talking with Gubaba, and we would like to invite everyone to a small, MW get together in Little Tokyo perhaps. I was thinking of a Saturday, early afternoon or something, but wanted to see if anyone was interested in attending. There are several different places to eat in the area, as well as Anime Jungle (two different stores), and Kinokuniya book store. I thought we'd all be able to just hang out and do the Geek thing, and talk shop. Anyways, if interested, share your interests and for what day. I'd like to do it some saturday in March. The more the merrier.

Where are you at now? I didn't want everyone to think this is a huge official event or anything, just something to do. I haven't been down to Little Tokyo for awhile so I thought that'd be a good place to go. If anyone had any other ideas, they are open.

Where are you at now? I didn't want everyone to think this is a huge official event or anything, just something to do. I haven't been down to Little Tokyo for awhile so I thought that'd be a good place to go. If anyone had any other ideas, they are open.

Sounds like a good idea. Count me in. Just let me know what date and time.

I'm in Lawrence, KS right now. Besides Anime Jungle & the Book stores, don't forget to hit up the bakeries! :D

OK, I was thinking a tentative date of Saturday, March 13th. There's a Curry House Restaurant, as well as several Ramen places, and plenty places to walk to. I was thinking either noon, or 1p.m.

I think Cerritos would be better!

What's in Cerritos that would be better?

and then poker afterwards!! haha... kidding kidding... but really, we should.... haha

That's a plan, anyone volunteering the space? I'd use mine, but very limited with space, as you know.

That's a plan, anyone volunteering the space? I'd use mine, but very limited with space, as you know.

i'd be willing to host a game at my house afterwards. I think i can make out that day. I just have a training in the morning at USC, but that'll be done by 12pm and downtown is really close by. =]

works out perfectly!

i'd be willing to host a game at my house afterwards. I think i can make out that day. I just have a training in the morning at USC, but that'll be done by 12pm and downtown is really close by. =]

works out perfectly!

Excellent, so, we'll add a poker game to that evening. Sounds like a lot of fun. Exo, I know you'll be there.

OK Update, there are a couple guys who want to come, but can't make the 13th, so I'm gonna push it to Saturday the 20th. This will also get the word out a little more for those who catch this late in the game. We will have some people bringing some very cool stuff that I haven't seen yet, so should be interesting. If anyone who is coming wants to bring stuff, bring it on. I'll be bringing an item or two. Bee, still down for poker on that day???

OK Update, there are a couple guys who want to come, but can't make the 13th, so I'm gonna push it to Saturday the 20th. This will also get the word out a little more for those who catch this late in the game. We will have some people bringing some very cool stuff that I haven't seen yet, so should be interesting. If anyone who is coming wants to bring stuff, bring it on. I'll be bringing an item or two. Bee, still down for poker on that day???

Possibly, but i'll have to check for sure. Will let u know soon =] I think that's the same day as the Norcal meet so we'll be doing simultaneous MW meetups... haha

Possibly, but i'll have to check for sure. Will let u know soon =] I think that's the same day as the Norcal meet so we'll be doing simultaneous MW meetups... haha

If that day works out for you, that would be quite cool Having a simultaneous meet. Bee, let me know if that day is alright.

Hahaha, wether you're good at it or not, hanging out with local Macross fans would be cool. I know there's quite a few of us around, and to not have smalle gatherings from time to time is almost a shame. There's a wealth of info, and good people around, this would be a way to break the ice a bit.

I think Cerritos would be better!

Yep1 I like Cerritos too! Plenty of more options to hang out and do stuff too. B))

OK, if everyone is OK with this, I'm gonna make a reservation for Curry House in Weller Court, unless anyone has another restaurant to eat at in Little Tokyo. Also, what time would be good. Wanna do lunch first then walk around, or walk around first, then lunch?

OK, if everyone is OK with this, I'm gonna make a reservation for Curry House in Weller Court, unless anyone has another restaurant to eat at in Little Tokyo. Also, what time would be good. Wanna do lunch first then walk around, or walk around first, then lunch?

I'd prefer lunch then walk around, if it's all right with everyone else.

Just found out i have work on the 20th until 4pm, but i can still host a get together at my house afterwards... Jason, you can tell everyone that comes the address of my house

Poker and hang out at 6pm, my place in Torrance!

Hey I can't remember what was decided for Macrossworld Con 2010. Was it decided that it would move to the the fall of 2010? The reason I ask is because my wife's family reunion is being held in San Diego this summer over the 4th of July weekend. If things coincide for MacrossCon I would definitely be there. No way I'd miss it if I'm going to be in Cali for a minute.

So far, we have 9 going to the meet up. Anyone who is lurking, and hasn't posted, you can send me a pm, or post here. I want to make sure that when we meet for the lunch, that we aren't short table settings.

So far, we have 9 going to the meet up. Anyone who is lurking, and hasn't posted, you can send me a pm, or post here. I want to make sure that when we meet for the lunch, that we aren't short table settings.

Where are we going to meet up? Time?

Parking is available, where (for those who don't know)?

We're gonna meet at Curry House in Weller court 2nd level at Noon. Address is 123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St, #204, Los Angeles, CA. There is a parking entrance for Weller court on 2nd/Los Angeles, or you can park right across the street which is outdoor, but is a bit cheaper. Anyways, that'll give us all time to show up, eat, talk, hang out, "show and tell" LOL, and relax after the drive. Then there's Kinokuniya, and the 2 Anime Jungle Locations. Bee's opened up his house to us afterward around 4p.m. or so, so I'll leave him to put up the address however he wants. He's got a nice collection too. Should be a fun day.

Count me in. I'm going with Nightmare.

Awesome news, glad you could make it. This will be a good time. I'm gonna call today and make the reservation for Curry House at Noon. From today on, if anyone else is interested in going, put yourself down and I'll just update the restaurant throughout the week.