macross II VF-2SS sylvie gena

shinagami

These are just a few more items (pics shown) I'd like to see made as kits, especially Sylvie!! The VF-2JA is such an underrated mecha! Just like the VF-0 its only a atmospheric fighter, I like that concept.

Cant wait to see this VF-2SS completed, the color scheme is super slick!!

For anyone feeling limber with their VF-2SS kits, that pic of the Jetfire version is pretty frakkin cool.

post-6180-128906814748_thumb.jpg

post-6180-128906818272_thumb.jpg

post-6180-128906820056_thumb.gif

post-6180-128906821424_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

thanks everyone for the kind words....really appreciate it.

hi shinagami,

great work till now. Was wandering what you mean by "oil wash" and using "Mr Hobby Flat Clear". What does each of these step do exactly.

hi Arthurius, oil wash is one of the techniques many modelers use to enhance the look of their models, especially aircraft, to enhance panel lines and other detail.

mr Hobby Flat Clear is just a miniature clear coat spray which will give the non-shine or flat or matte look finishes....and the brand is Mr. Hobby...not recommended though, if sprayed to thick, the final finishing will look like kinda hazy...would prefer tamiya flat clear spray.

Just got back from holiday a few hours ago. Came to MacrossWorld to see what's been a-building and Shinagami delivers the goods!

I've been waiting to see this baby finished for so long.

On my monitor the original work in progress pics are actually a purplish colour, but these final pics are red to me. So they look a lot better, but with monitor colour calibrations being what they are you never know.

Firstly, I have to say, fantastic job! But you know that, looking at your work! You certainly took the colour scheme to the next level, along with the decal choices, it looks amazing. Is that the supplied pilot in there, I can tell? All the extra work on this shows (especially to one who's built 1 and a half!). The canopy looks great, hope it didn't give you too much grief.

The weathering looks great, but is perhaps a bit more appropriate to a fighter and not a racer, never the less, it sells the scale. The only thing I'm not sure about is the Gundam mount you have it on. I feel they actually detract a bit from the model - the sleek lines of the this bird against the heavy angular look of the mount, but that's just my biases.

Anyway, excellent work and thanks for sharing all the pics.

I hope to reciprocate with another VF-2SS build this year! I love this mecha - and you did a beautiful job.

Edited by PetarB

thanks all for the encouraging words....

Just got back from holiday a few hours ago. Came to MacrossWorld to see what's been a-building and Shinagami delivers the goods!

I've been waiting to see this baby finished for so long.

On my monitor the original work in progress pics are actually a purplish colour, but these final pics are red to me. So they look a lot better, but with monitor colour calibrations being what they are you never know.

Firstly, I have to say, fantastic job! But you know that, looking at your work! You certainly took the colour scheme to the next level, along with the decal choices, it looks amazing. Is that the supplied pilot in there, I can tell? All the extra work on this shows (especially to one who's built 1 and a half!). The canopy looks great, hope it didn't give you too much grief.

The weathering looks great, but is perhaps a bit more appropriate to a fighter and not a racer, never the less, it sells the scale. The only thing I'm not sure about is the Gundam mount you have it on. I feel they actually detract a bit from the model - the sleek lines of the this bird against the heavy angular look of the mount, but that's just my biases.

Anyway, excellent work and thanks for sharing all the pics.

I hope to reciprocate with another VF-2SS build this year! I love this mecha - and you did a beautiful job.

hi petar, the final pics are as close as the real model, it's actually red not purplish, i think there's nothing wrong with ur monitor color calibration, its just that in the work progress i used a different camera and most of the pics were taken during night time. the final pics was taken at day time near a window with a better/higher quality camera.

yes, it is the supplied pilot. the canopy was great, i dip it in future shine, let it dry....and it fits just great! (with some mods at the cockpit according to ur instructions...)

the weathering....hmmm, i thought of the same only after i finished the weathering, haha B))

the base...its true, doesn't really blend with the kit, actually i couldn't find other sleeker base than this (or i just lazy to look around for other options) will look further later this weekend.

aneways, thanks all for the support and stay tune for my upcoming WIP from macross zero...

• 2 weeks later...

I love the VF-2, and this paint job is an inspiration to get off my ass and start doing more of my hibernating kits. I swear, if they make this as a toy, I would love to see a toy in those colors. Fantastic little modifications you made, and great detail work on the paint, weathering, and decals.