Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

Has anyone else read through the whole corporate timeline at WeylandIndustries.com? There's some neat stuff in there. Dunno what you guys will read into it, but it looks to me like Aliens is in Ridley's canon.

2039: Discovery of Acheron LV-426

Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century.

2056: Power Loader Patented

Weyland Industries earns patent number 15,725,924 for Method and Apparatus for a mechanised exo-skeleton used for lifting and moving heavy objects such as crates and vehicle weaponry.

2057: Lifeboat Patented

Weyland Industries earns patent number 15,999,127 for Method and Apparatus for an ejectable luxury pod able to sustain one human life for up to 50 years.

2063: Transplanetary Peacekeeping

As Weyland Industries expands their terraforming activities and colonial endeavors, the company is approached by the US government to begin work on the formation of a colonial peacekeeping force trained or populated by marines in the event of future conflict.

Aliens has been so intergrated into Alien lore now it would be hard for Ridley Scott to not tie into the sequels.

Plus I thought it was fairly obvious from the vehicle designs in Prometheus that Aliens is pretty closely tied to Prometheus.

Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see *how* closely it's tied in. Even if they avoid it (like Macross, not saying one way or the other about it) speaks volumes.

The dirt on arms and legs indicate being outside the ship without the spacesuit.

The specimen what ever it is is being held in place by the pods equipment.

On the right somebody's reflection can be seen in the computer screen.

I don't think it's dirt. It looks like its fluid, because it seems to be running down the leg on the left. Also, if you look on the sides of the pod toward the "head" you can see what looks to be dark splatters. Alien (non acidic) blood, maybe?

The thing to me (from the relflection) looks like a facehugger with an eggsack on its back, or like someone said, a squid.

I don't think that's a reflection of "somebody" on the computer screen, i think it's a light reflection off of the pod door. If you look at the top of the pod door on the right you can see what looks to be flourescent light reflecting on it and it moves the same as the reflection on the computer screen.

Now I am wondering if Prometheus is more of a horror movie than an action sci-fi like Cameron's Aliens. It seems like it is heading in the direction of the original Alien movie "In space, no one can hear you scream" theme.

Now I am wondering if Prometheus is more of a horror movie than an action sci-fi like Cameron's Aliens. It seems like it is heading in the direction of the original Alien movie "In space, no one can hear you scream" theme.

And that's how I like it.

LOLz, the Illuminati is trying to wreck mankind's DNA? An entertaining clip but a little heavy on the crazy. Still, I'm lovin' everything I see about Prometheus. In fact, I'm getting scared now I've reached that hype point where the only thing this move will be able to do is let me down.

Edited by jenius

LOLz, the Illuminati is trying to wreck mankind's DNA? An entertaining clip but a little heavy on the crazy. Still, I'm lovin' everything I see about Prometheus. In fact, I'm getting scared now I've reached that hype point where the only thing this move will be able to do is let me down.

He didn't state wreck mankind's DNA.

You can't judge Alex Jones' work on a 10 clip, and what the mainstream media says. B))

When you bring down it all, how society works, why 99% of the world is f***ed up, and if you follow the history of the bloodlines, their legacy, their companies that have always made a profit off war... Quite a bit of Mr Jones's work makes more sense than TV and those preaching on a Sunday afternoon. ;)

I don't religiously believe everything he says, but a good two thirds has a solid possibility. ;)

He didn't state wreck mankind's DNA.. ;)

He says that, almost word for word, at 7:24. I'm not judging his body of work but he's making some leaps for sure in this video. I don't mean to sidetrack the conversation from Prometheus though.

He says that, almost word for word, at 7:24. I'm not judging his body of work but he's making some leaps for sure in this video. I don't mean to sidetrack the conversation from Prometheus though.

Oops. :unsure:

You are right that he does say wreck, but it's in the context of altering mankind's DNA as an experiment to dumb people down, while creating a superior specie. :p

Edited by Omegablue

Wanted to share this youtube video by radio host Alex Jones on his take on Prometheus. Its an interesting video if your into secret societies, Mystery religions, the illumanti etc.

The guy is a super quack. Probably an Alien retard outcast and sent to earth to spread the stupid!

What I find interesting in watching the TED Talk video, that Ridley Scott has effectively executed Paul W S Anderson's bastardization of the Alien franchize. Looks like this is gonna be a very effective reboot.

I wouldnt call it a 'reboot' though P.W Andersons AvP film was never considered canon material. I dont even think Lance Hendrikson was even mentioned as Weyland aswell,In Alien3 I'm pretty sure he only said 'the company thought they would send someone youd be familar with' like he is only the base person or cheif scientist for the Bishop andriods.

Edited by Vepariga

Alien 3 is one giant headache. There were a lot of people left with questions after viewing it.

How did the egg get on the Sulaco? Its clear that its not the dropship its on, and the queen didn't have time to go anywhere.

How can one facehugger impregnate multiple hosts?

Wait the alien is psychic now?

Was that Bishop guy a human or synthetic? The credits list him as Bishop II and he sure doesn't act like someone who got their ear ripped off?

The directors cut while a better film confuses things too. Things like changing the host, Ripley not getting bursted.

Weaver had way too much control over the film, and wanted her character to die. She wanted it in Aliens, but fought over it with James Cameron. This led to him walking out on the Alien 3 angry at seeing everything he didn't want added in and destroying the foundation he built. Fox realized they screwed up too, but instead of starting fresh they rehired Weaver for even more money and gave her director choice. A frenchman who had never done a film in english, and thought it would be a good idea to make a satiricle parody.

And then Ressurection happened. As far as me goes, I own Alien & Aliens on bluray, and Prometheus is shaping up to go right along side them.

yup,,

As far as all the alex jones crap, its a federally funded fear mongering program called project mocking bird with the idea of 90% BS and 10% truth to get you hooked. You think this guy knew that much about the feds and such he wouldnt be shut down? Look what happened to David Koresh's mom and sister when they tried to go public, one with a book, anyway enough conspiracy, boring

yup,,

As far as all the alex jones crap, its a federally funded fear mongering program called project mocking bird with the idea of 90% BS and 10% truth to get you hooked. You think this guy knew that much about the feds and such he wouldnt be shut down? Look what happened to David Koresh's mom and sister when they tried to go public, one with a book, anyway enough conspiracy, boring

Finally, someone that can see beyond opinions! I like.

But yeah, back on Prometheus. 66 days to go to release! :)

Alien 3 is one giant headache. There were a lot of people left with questions after viewing it.

How did the egg get on the Sulaco? Its clear that its not the dropship its on, and the queen didn't have time to go anywhere.

How can one facehugger impregnate multiple hosts?

I don't know if its true, but I heard that in the Alien novels Carter, the Weyland exec, hid enough eggs on the Solco to infect everyone except himself. Since this never happened in the movie version it created the huge discontinuity when they adapted Alien 3 to film.

I've read the Aliens novelization, and there's no scene about Burke hiding eggs on the Sulaco. I read the Alien 3 novel too, though I don't remember it as well. I think the implication was that the Queen laid at least 2 eggs on the Sulaco when she stowed away on the dropship (her torn ovipositor, while used to lay eggs, is not the source of them and in theory she could still lay some without it). One facehugger cuts itself trying to get into Newt's tube, causing the acid damage that sparks the fire. That one or a second successfully breaks into Ripley's, implanting her with the queen embryo. The left over one didn't have a chance to try again either due to the ejection of the EEV or recovering from the cut, and got the dog (or ox, if watching the alternate cut) later.

Edited by Penguin

I've read the Aliens novelization, and there's no scene about Burke hiding eggs on the Sulaco. I read the Alien 3 novel too, though I don't remember it as well. I think the implication was that the Queen laid at least 2 eggs on the Sulaco when she stowed away on the dropship (her torn ovipositor, while used to lay eggs, is not the source of them and in theory she could still lay some without it). One facehugger cuts itself trying to get into Newt's tube, causing the acid damage that sparks the fire. That one or a second successfully breaks into Ripley's, implanting her with the queen embryo. The left over one didn't have a chance to try again either due to the ejection of the EEV or recovering from the cut, and got the dog (or ox, if watching the alternate cut) later.

Is the novel of Aliens 3 based on the final film, or on the orginal intended script where Hix survived?

Is the novel of Alien 3 based on the final film, or on the orginal intended script where Hix survived?

It's based on the semi-final script that became the alternate cut in the Quadrilogy/Anthology releases, which is to say ox rather than dog is impregnated, and it includes the successful capture of the alien until crazy-boy Golic releases it.

It's based on the semi-final script that became the alternate cut in the Quadrilogy/Anthology releases, which is to say ox rather than dog is impregnated, and it includes the successful capture of the alien until crazy-boy Golic releases it.

Interesting. Now I want to borrow my friend's Blu-Ray set to watch this version.

I still feel for the third film Hix should have remained in the lead role. The whole Ripley thing coming back, especially in resurrection, really annoyed me.

Just as for me Starwars begins and ends with a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, I'm one of those that the Alien franchise ends at Aliens. So here's hoping for Prometheus. :)

Interesting. Now I want to borrow my friend's Blu-Ray set to watch this version.

I still feel for the third film Hix should have remained in the lead role. The whole Ripley thing coming back, especially in resurrection, really annoyed me.

Just as for me Starwars begins and ends with a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, I'm one of those that the Alien franchise ends at Aliens. So here's hoping for Prometheus. :)

Difference being, Aliens has a resolution to the story, Empire does not.

Edited by Keith

Difference being, Aliens has a resoltuion to the story, Empire does not.

True. But jedi... :angry:

Ewoks... Jabba's palace. No thank you. The original in the original cut is more than enough for me. :D

True. But jedi... :angry:

Ewoks... Jabba's palace. No thank you. The original in the original cut is more than enough for me. :D

Good things about Jedi:

-Bikini Leia

-IT'S A TRAP (and the rest of the rebel fleet assault on the Death Star II)

-Speeder bike chase.

-Final duel between Luke & Vader.

The low's are more than outweighed by the high's, and even the new additions aren't that bad after you've seen them a few times (I'm looking at you new Jabba's palace song!).

What's Alien 3 got? Bald Riply, a completely anti-climactic follow-up intro to the ending of Aliens (really, killing Newt just completely invalidates the bulk of Aliens), and a planet full of space prisoners that who cares if they get slaughtered by aliens. Bad story, bad canon, bad execution, bad movie.

Alien Ressurection just plunges that turd back up to experience it all over again, now with alien/human hybrid baby!

Edited by Keith

-Speeder bike chase.

-Final duel between Luke & Vader.

The low's are more than outweighed by the high's, and even the new additions aren't that bad after you've seen them a few times (I'm looking at you new Jabba's palace song!).

Speeder bike chase - The point where Lucas went overboard on the effects versus believability. (Death Star trench was not AWESOME enough, let's have them travel at high speed through a forest, fail)

Final Duel - Where Luke and Vader forget every bit of sword fighting talent they had in Empire... Topped off by a cackling chicken man doing everything he can to keep Luke from turning to the dark side. (Oh, I forgot, he was supposedly luring Luke TO the dark side).

Even with all that, I would watch Jedi 10 billion times before I watch Alien 3 again. (although I do want to see the special edition once, but just once)

PS - SyFy news from yesterday has a link to the Donny and Marie Star Wars show, My eyes! My Eyes!