Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

Sure is, but the important thing to note is that he is not fully grown yet (still human sized?)

4da130181051866.jpg

im still convinced the victums from Promethues become the Space Jockies... as for the differences in the CGI little guy and dead fossil, here's another thought: what if promo's U-ship that crashes isn't the same ship? it would be too convient if the planet was LV-426 and Mother's SOP from Corporate HQ was to listen for Space Jockie coms specifically from LV-426 as opposed to looking for ANY further space Jockie coms elsewhere in the universe. That assumes of course that Corporate HQ learned anything from the events of Prometheus period. If everyone died (weeeeeeeeeeee) and nobody was left to click 'SEND'.... derp. I still think the dead pool should be Dead-to-Space Jockie Pool...

It looked to me like the Space Jockies were sending out the "invites", which the Earth team finds and figures out was not an invite (think of the "To Serve Man" episode of Twilight Zone). As for aliens, the one scene looked a lot like the egg room from the original Alien, except the eggs were in some kind of containers.

To me it looks more like a an octopus, maybe a prototype facehugger. Its not a burster because if you look close the person's(female) body is still intact and the person is very much still alive.

Interesting points:

The dirt on arms and legs indicate being outside the ship without the spacesuit.

The specimen what ever it is is being held in place by the pods equipment.

On the right somebody's reflection can be seen in the computer screen.

Edit: also considering the pod is opening my guess this was a removal process. Possibly in connection to the "cut it off" quote heard in the trailer or the thing the android is removing from the cannister.

Edited by renegadeleader1

To me it looks more like a an octopus, maybe a prototype facehugger. Its not a burster because if you look close the person's(female) body is still intact and the person is very much still alive.

Interesting points:

The dirt on arms and legs indicate being outside the ship without the spacesuit.

The specimen what ever it is is being held in place by the pods equipment.

On the right somebody's reflection can be seen in the computer screen.

It has one tail though,the reflection of the pod makes it look like it has more.

I believe its being taken out of her,if you look closely at her stomach area you can see what seems to be a umbilical cord attached to the specimen.

but like I said it 'looks' like a chest burster,i dont think it is one. Perhaps a first wave type.

I think she was taken inside the Jockey craft,implanted with something and rescued and then they take it out,thats my take :)

Like she is in the med bay,wakes up but feels something in her gets all panicy and runs to the guys in the other medbay and collapses then they quickly put her on the capsule to take it out,its one theory anyway lol

Edited by Vepariga

really cant wait for this. Answers at last. I think the best scene in the trailers is this

zkpe04.gif

looks like a chest-burster or progenitor to the alien in early form.

YOU! Need to do that for ALL stuff out... NOW (assuming you did this video clip) B)) B)) B)) B)) B))

If its pictures you want, and some theories of what's going on in the trailers check this page out...

http://whatculture.com/film/delving-deeper-into-prometheus-trailers-heres-our-theories.php?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=delving-deeper-into-prometheus-trailers-heres-our-theories

I read it and a lot of what they posted makes a lot of sense so beware of SPOILERS! Do not click if you do not want to know!

It's starting to seem like there's a lot more to this film than is obvious in the trailers. Good....

Here's my idea: perhaps the "invitation" leads to the sunny planet, where they discover the giant head & enough stuff to keep Weyland interested. But that's just the first leg. Perhaps clues there lead them to LV426. Whatever happens in the film, Weyland-Yutani is looking for the mystery planet, all the ET goodies, and what happened to the expedition. It then becomes a pre-programmed priority for all WY ships to find Prometheus' beacon.

However much later Alien occurs, the Nostromo picks up the warning from the Prometheus. After the events of Alien, the company might have the planet, but not the geographic location of the derelict. So the colony is set up as a front to find it. Planetary surveys are part of that effort. Why send out expeditions if you can set up a home base on the right planet? But it's a big place, and until Ripley shows up with more info, they can't find it.

Of course that's all rampant speculation. Hopefully Scott has even better things served up for us!

(null)

Edited by Kelsain

Is this really officially the prequel?

Cause I've been thinking that this might pass as if it happened after the Alien saga?

And perhaps the Jockey helmet they find, is maybe the one of the original film?

Is this really officially the prequel?

Cause I've been thinking that this might pass as if it happened after the Alien saga?

And perhaps the Jockey helmet they find, is maybe the one of the original film?

This is a prequel thats not necessarily about alien, but it is. Makes sense?. Don't pass on it. It's ridliey Scott who made alien so no one better than he, could make this prequel.

This is a prequel thats not necessarily about alien, but it is. Makes sense?. Don't pass on it. It's ridliey Scott who made alien so no one better than he, could make this prequel.

I'd argue that Cameron's was the better film, but I like a good action movie. I originally was going to pass on this movie, but after watching the full trailer I changed my mind - it looks like it will be a great film.

its a prequel to alien but wont have the Xenomorph in it. Says Scott,but he could be just hiding that tidbit.

Its set like 30 years before Alien apperantly. Its not a 'Alien' movie,but its set in the same universe,Ridley scott even mentioned that this film could be a 2 parter.

So did I get this into the right order: Shaw is apparently still on the ground when the SJ ship is launched, the Prometheus goes into pursuit, and just before it rams into the alien ship, an escape vessel (with Vickers on board) it jettisoned. Vickers joins Shaw, then the SJ ship crashes?

Then we could have a similar ending with Carpenter's "The Thing"...

So did I get this into the right order: Shaw is apparently still on the ground when the SJ ship is launched, the Prometheus goes into pursuit, and just before it rams into the alien ship, an escape vessel (with Vickers on board) it jettisoned. Vickers joins Shaw, then the SJ ship crashes?

Then we could have a similar ending with Carpenter's "The Thing"...

I doubt that for one reason.

I think there's another human ship involved. The medpod Shaw is in with the "thingy" looks nothing like the one seen earlier with her in scrubs with the jockey head/helmet. Also that clip of the guys with guns? Neither of them look like the established 9 person crew we see in the trailer, and the guy behind them might be weyland. Finally why would Vickers eject onto a barren hostile planet unless she had a backup plan of escaping. Granted it may have been to just survive being instagiblets in the crash, but I don't think so. Speaking of Vickers doesn't she say something along the lines of "if you go down there you will die" she had already been through a lot?

If its pictures you want, and some theories of what's going on in the trailers check this page out...

http://whatculture.c...es-our-theories

I read it and a lot of what they posted makes a lot of sense so beware of SPOILERS! Do not click if you do not want to know!

TU! That was far more than i even considered.