Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

That's the rumor. I'm not sure anyone has actually ever seen it, though.

Woz read the script. They asked him to come on as a consultant AFTER writing the script, which tells you how seriously they took historical accuracy.

Actually, they asked a few of the early Apple guys to sign on as consultants... all after writing the script.

It was a big fat load of hero-worshipping crap with almost no basis in reality, by the accounts of men who were there.

I pity the fool who expects historical accuracy from a Hollywood movie...

I didn't, really. Especially that close after his death(I believe I called it "a crass and shameless cash grab").

But it was presented as a documentary, and the people that went likely believed it was.

I didn't, really. Especially that close after his death(I believe I called it "a crass and shameless cash grab").

But it was presented as a documentary, and the people that went likely believed it was.

I *think* I caught the last half hour of that on Movie+, and, well, I was expecting something like "Social Network", a car-crash-in-progress-that-you-can't-stop-watching type of film.

It was nothing like that. I just felt like I had watched an extended commercial for Apple, and felt quite cheated at that.

I found "the '80's" documentary series on the Natgeo Channel far more interesting (historical accuracy being beside the point I'm making) when it came to presenting the founding and fortunes of the company.

Edited by sketchley