Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

???

Which Macross and which vf 19

this Macross: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33521

and this VF-19: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32377

:edit:

wait a second, haven't you posted in at least one of these threads already? :huh:

Edited by anime52k8

this Macross: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33521

and this VF-19: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32377

:edit:

wait a second, haven't you posted in at least one of these threads already? :huh:

HFC!!!!!!!!!

No I posted the Dengeki Magazine scans of the $2000 dollar model. Not the toy. Unless I am confused and this is the model??? but HFC!!! sweet. I kmow what i need to save for... THO it would have been OMFG HFC if it was the TV version!

NICE!

Now if DAM yamato would do the other destroids!!!! As those seem error and problem free!

By the way will this monster have the little missile launcher thing that comes out when it needs to attack in shuttle mode? (see lineart for reference - its a missile hatch along the body where the arms of the gerwalk and robot mode normally would be. Since the main holes for firing from the arms are covered up in shuttle mode, they have to come from this part that opens up.)

I remember graham mentioning that the yamato version was going to include this feature but the idea was eventually scrapped and the thing that they were thinking of including was glued shut. Will the bandai monster include that?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

By the way will this monster have the little missile launcher thing that comes out when it needs to attack in shuttle mode? (see lineart for reference - its a missile hatch along the body where the arms of the gerwalk and robot mode normally would be. Since the main holes for firing from the arms are covered up in shuttle mode, they have to come from this part that opens up.)

I remember graham mentioning that the yamato version was going to include this feature but the idea was eventually scrapped and the thing that they were thinking of including was glued shut. Will the bandai monster include that?

That would be pretty cool!

I think it's fair at this point in time to say that Bandai doesn't want to do anything Yamato didn't already do first, so if those things are included, I will be really surprised.

That's a pretty bizarre assertion. Yamato hasn't done any Macross Frontier product and this Monster already has the gun turret the Yamato didn't have.

I doubt it. Just looking at the prototypes shown, there's no visible seam-line around the bulge where the missile hatch should be. If bandai had any intention of including it as a feature they would have in all likelihood included it on the prototype and been showing it off in promotional photos (just like the chin turret and butt stabilizer).

I have a feeling that Bandai decided to skip it because at no point that I'm aware of in the show is the Monster shown using or even possessing those missile hatch's.

Hmm, after looking at the prototype picture, I agree: there doesn't appear to be a seam for that launcher.

It's a shame really: that launcher adds to the functionality of the shuttle/bomber mode.

As a side note, does anyone remember that the micro missile launchers were supposed to be on the legs originally? (12 total, 6 each leg, 3 each side). There are some polygonal indentions/holes around the knee area that match up with that, but I can't seem to find anything backing that up. It may just have been something from VFX2

That's a pretty bizarre assertion. Yamato hasn't done any Macross Frontier product and this Monster already has the gun turret the Yamato didn't have.

Yamato cannot legally do any MF products, as we know. Thus Bandai has nothing to copy. Thus the VF-25 was an awful, awful toy. The VF-27 was apparently designed by FLEX, who also design for Yamato.

And for argument's sake, let's go back to 2001. Hardly any VFs on the market until Yamato releases an original brand-new 1/60 VF-1. Bandai goes "oh, man! Bring out the reissues!" Which I bought, because I felt the quality is better on the vintage toys than the Yamatos of the time. But it still wasn't even Bandai, it was Takatoku I have to thank for that.

2003: Yamato 1/48 time. Bandai has nothing.

2004-Present: Kickass new molds every year from Yamato from here on in (INCLUDING the Koenig, to everybody's amazement), give or take a shoulder setback here and there.

2007/8: VF-1 1/60 version 2 from Yamato. Bandai Reissue time. Again. Snake eyes. This is starting to get ridiculous. Bandai's plan is to keep reissuing another company's toys, and not even the ones the fans want.

2009: Hi-metal VF-19: This is clearly reverse-engineered from a Yamato 1/60 YF-19. Development photos even show one of the legs and other areas looking identical to the Yamato YF-19. This is the biggest evidence for a case for plagiarism, essentially.

2010: Bandai Hi-metal VF-1. Wow. This is just a scaled down 1/60 with improvements, and we all know it. If this had come out before the 1/60 v2, what would it look like?

And now we have the Koenig. It has the nose cannon. Well, that was worth waiting six years for, thank you, Bandai.

OK, one thing: where is the VF-171? I wouldn't be surprised if we do not see it until after Yamato brings out a VF-17 of their own.

OK, one thing: where is the VF-171? I wouldn't be surprised if we do not see it until after Yamato brings out a VF-17 of their own.

That's why I think they should do a trade:

Bandai does the destroid from macross zero, (does not transform and no problem of having to balance 3 modes, plus its newer brother appears in macross frontier so it's like 'the training' for the release of that one :p)

...while yamato do the vf-171 which we know bandai will just make into a big chunky thing like the old vf-17 chunky monkey from macross 7. (I own one of them and still like it, but please let yamato do the frontier one - you had your chance bandai)

Bandai does the destroid from macross zero, (does not transform and no problem of having to balance 3 modes, plus its newer brother appears in macross frontier so it's like 'the training' for the release of that one :p)

Maybe if it is at a really tiny scale. But if you mean 1/60, based on track record, there is more chance of Yamato mass producing their enormous 1/60 MkII Destroid Monster prototype (or hell, even a 1/1 scale Minmay doll) than Bandai undertaking anything like that. No, seriously.

Agreed, Bandai ain't makin' no MacZero destroid. The VF-1 Hi-metal is more different from the V2 1/60 than the V2 1/60 is different from the 1/48 VF-1 so I'm not really sure how that math works. Also, you said Bandai wouldn't do something Yamato didn't do... but this toy proves you wrong by already having differences so it seems a silly argument to now labor over.

The thing is it will save them money.

For instance

The SDF yamato is doing already appears in DYRL, Macross plus, moacross frontier (as the "Global" version - just add the markings :p) so it makes sense for both of them to share the load. If bandai decides to do the "Global" why should they start all over again when they can just rip off yamato's SDF-1?

Bandai has the destroid on rollers in macross frontier, and it looks very similar to the one in macross zero. Yamato has the vf-17 they can do, and that looks similar to VF-171 from macross frontier, so why don't these two companies get together and work something out?

While yamato is doing this vf-17, they can help bandai do the vf-171, (so it doesn't end up chunky) and bandai can just let yamato have the base for the destroid so that they can concentrate on other things.

Who cares if they rip off each others work if in the end the final products turn out good? That's what I'm saying.

Does it matter that some bandai toy looks like they took something from yammie toys in the past when that results in bandai improving their version? Personally I don't give a poo, just that the toy kicks butt.

EDIT:

the SDF-1 also appear in frontier in the episode when vajra are folding and about to attack earth. Technically bandai can milk two versions of this. But as I mentioned in my above post, if they ever decided to do their own SDF-1, it would make lots of sense to just rip from the one yamato is making to save money. Just like if yamato were to make a macross zero Destroid, they could steal some ideas off a bandai version. (assuming they'd ever do it, not much screen time was given to these guys in frontier) Point being: what's so wrong with using someone else's toy as your base if that toy was successful and worked well? (reinventing a wheel just to say you could do it?)

The thing is it will save them money.

For instance

The SDF yamato is doing already appears in DYRL, Macross plus, moacross frontier (as the "Global" version - just add the markings :p) so it makes sense for both of them to share the load. If bandai decides to do the "Global" why should they start all over again when they can just rip off yamato's SDF-1?

Bandai has the destroid on rollers in macross frontier, and it looks very similar to the one in macross zero. Yamato has the vf-17 they can do, and that looks similar to VF-171 from macross frontier, so why don't these two companies get together and work something out?

While yamato is doing this vf-17, they can help bandai do the vf-171, (so it doesn't end up chunky) and bandai can just let yamato have the base for the destroid so that they can concentrate on other things.

Who cares if they rip off each others work if in the end the final products turn out good? That's what I'm saying.

Does it matter that some bandai toy looks like they took something from yammie toys in the past when that results in bandai improving their version? Personally I don't give a poo, just that the toy kicks butt.

EDIT:

the SDF-1 also appear in frontier in the episode when vajra are folding and about to attack earth. Technically bandai can milk two versions of this. But as I mentioned in my above post, if they ever decided to do their own SDF-1, it would make lots of sense to just rip from the one yamato is making to save money. Just like if yamato were to make a macross zero Destroid, they could steal some ideas off a bandai version. (assuming they'd ever do it, not much screen time was given to these guys in frontier) Point being: what's so wrong with using someone else's toy as your base if that toy was successful and worked well? (reinventing a wheel just to say you could do it?)

Sorry, macrossworld doesn't allow fan fiction.

fan fiction?

What are you talking about?

If bandai decides they could do the SDF-1 from macross frontier (see the episode where we get to see footage of earth and vajra appearing in the sky about to attack it) and the SDF that appeared in the episode where it had crash landed in the middle of nowhere abandoned (people who have seen the tv series help me out here with episode numbers) then.... what would be so wrong with bandai ripping off the yamato toy if it is the same basic thing?

The argument was raised that bandai could have ripped off yamato toys, (too lazy to make their own ones hehe) and I responded that I don't think that is such a bad idea, provided the thing you are ripping off is really good.

Why reinvent the wheel if it takes extra money and time when you could just base your toy from the one that others actually like a lot?

And no Exo it is not fan fiction. Please watch macross plus and macross frontier again. You see SDF-1 at the end of macross plus being controlled by sharon apple. You see SDF-1 again in macross frontier when the series cuts to earth showing the lobsters attack, as well as another Macross class ship named "Global" in the episode called "memory of global" (which looks just like macross original from earth) so technically if bandai wanted to save money, they could theoretically rip off yamato's 1:3000 macross and save themselves lots of money and hard work doing their own "macross frontier" versions of the Macross that appear in that show. They've already done the quarter.

But what I'm saying is why should we as fans care whether bandai does rip off yamato, so long as the final product is good. Would you prefer bandai work from scratch but not do as good a job as yamato? Or just let them take what worked fro mthe yamato version of macross (use it as a base) and see if they can improve on it a little bit?

I don't see what would be wrong with the latter idea. (if bandai decides it wanted to do the SDF-1 in macross frontier for whatever reason)

also..

What I was proposing was that since the vf-17 (which yamato can do due to having the macross 7 license) is similar to vf-171, why can't they just let yamato handle that toy and help with it, and in exchange bandai does most of the work for the destroid cheyenne for macross zero (which yamato have licesne for). Given the similarity of the destroid from macross zero to the one in macross frontier bandai could gain a lot of knowledge from working on the toy for macross zero when/if they decide they wanted to do a destroid for frontier. The destroid you see in macross zero with the rollers on its feet looks just like the one from macross frontier. This would save so much time.

I think what people need to understand is that neither bandia or yamato is perfect.

You don't get broken shoulders on the chunky toys.

You don't get as good sculpt from the bandai ones.

I would rather a vf-171 that is slim like the cg and if bandai can copy whatever yamato do with the (if it is ever going to be done) vf-17 and learn from that I would be ok with it. Ripping off each other could result in much better quality coming out of both of them.

Lol. I was just messing with you. I meant that bandai and Yamato trading licenses is a fanboy dream. The simpler solution is already at hand because Bandai has already been hiring the same designers that Yamato uses instead of the gundam people they used for the VF-25, which are FREX and T-Rex.

There's bigger differences between the Yamato monster and the Tamashii Monster. You can see that the stabilizer is there when it isn't on the Yamato. Of course similarities is there because it's practically from the same lineart. Though I do admit that the 1/100 looks like a smaller Yamato VF-1.

example of what I mean:

-Bandai has license to do macross frontier toys.

-a macross ship appears in macross frontier:

macrossf20080627-03.jpg

so would it be wrong for them to rip off yamato's attempt (the current 1:3000) say in 3 years time or something on the basis that they want to sell their own version of it? (similar to how they did their own konig monster)

My answer is: "It shouldn't matter so long as the toy is better, no matter who was behind it"

Lol. I was just messing with you. I meant that bandai and Yamato trading licenses is a fanboy dream. The simpler solution is already at hand because Bandai has already been hiring the same designers that Yamato uses instead of the gundam people they used for the VF-25, which are FREX and T-Rex.

There's bigger differences between the Yamato monster and the Tamashii Monster. You can see that the stabilizer is there when it isn't on the Yamato. Of course similarities is there because it's practically from the same lineart. Though I do admit that the 1/100 looks like a smaller Yamato VF-1.

ok I see what you mean now. If that is true then we shouldn't be scared of future bandai toys being as bad as vf-25 then.

Given there are going to be a lot of fans of the monster in here, I thought this thread might not be complete without a link to this great video:

I bet whoever made it is preordering a whole bunch of konig monsters in preparation for making a stop motion music video of them dancing in sync to the music. :)

Would be happy if they were to delay this to include the extra gimmick.

Don't see any reason they shouldn't include it. Looks like it is too late though.

The hatch is the little bump along the arm.

vb-6-konig-lineart2.gif

top right pic

For folks who still have their yamato toy, check this area.

Notice how it is a seperate piece? That used to be the gimmick.

But that was the one that appeared in the game.

Perhaps SMS uses a newer monster without it.

Both of my hatches open, they just don't stay open. The missile is molded in there. It's pretty cool.

Also, as I briefly mentioned a while back, I still haven't seen any pics of the new Koenig with the feet in the correct configuration. Check both the lineart and the Yamato toy, then compare it to the Bandai toy.

Yamato cannot legally do any MF products, as we know. Thus Bandai has nothing to copy. Thus the VF-25 was an awful, awful toy. The VF-27 was apparently designed by FLEX, who also design for Yamato.

FLEX goes back too, AFAIK before the 1/48 he had designed some MG kits for Bandai. FLEX IIRC, also knows aircraft pretty well. I hope he redesigns the DX VF-25 for Bandai eventually.

I won't be buying the Monster anytime soon. It certainly looks cool but I want valkys 1st.