Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

No problem. I'm setting up my photo booth again for another round of shots and I'll bust some of the old toys out for a group shot or two before I put the Konig away. While I'm at it I'm also going to try to find a way to set up my video camera so the lighting doesn't completely screw up the white balance... I guess that's what I get for using such a cheapy video camera though. Anyway, I can imagine a shot that might work for everyone so I'll try to make that happen... may take a few days before I get it online though.

BBTS has it for $199.00 if you're stateside. If you wait until Joel runs one of his specials, you can get an extra 10% - 20% off.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=konig+monster

If you're in Los Angeles, hit Frank and Sons. You can deal with some of the venders. Usually, if you are paying in cash, you'll get a pretty damn good deal.

BBTS has it for $199.00 if you're stateside. If you wait until Joel runs one of his specials, you can get an extra 10% - 20% off.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=konig+monster

If you're in Los Angeles, hit Frank and Sons. You can deal with some of the venders. Usually, if you are paying in cash, you'll get a pretty damn good deal.

You can get better deals off ebay. Less than that 199.99.. and thats with shipping! Just look. I got mine for 196.00 and thats with EMS shipping and it got here from japan to NJ in 3 days!

You can get better deals off ebay. Less than that 199.99.. and thats with shipping! Just look. I got mine for 196.00 and thats with EMS shipping and it got here from japan to NJ in 3 days!

That poor VB-6, all that transit time only to end up in Jersey. :lol:

That poor VB-6, all that transit time only to end up in Jersey. :lol:

Whats wrong with NJ?

we're famous for:

The first game of baseball happened in Hoboken, New Jersey in 1846.

The first "Professional" Basketball game was played in Trenton, November 7th, 1897

The first intercollegiate Football game in New Brunswick, 1869.

In the war of the Worlds radio prank, the martians landed in West Windsor Township, NJ.

Drive in Movie Theatres

Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra, Grover Cleveland, Bon Jovi and Buzz Aldrin were born in NJ.

The Lightbulb

The Salt Water Taffy Fudge

Electric Guitar

*back on topic*

Still enjoying my VB-6 awesomeness!

Movie Projectors

Also, New Jersey was a key location in the movie Bukaroo Banzai.

Somebody asked for a pic? This is the best I could do. If it's not exactly what you wanted, I apologize but I'm probably not going to be doing any re-shooting 'cause I made a mess pulling a bunch of toys out and then I had to put them all away.

Bandai-Size-Comparison-1.jpg

whoahoa! ruskii bit... thought your last reply meant you bit on the amiami offer... awesome powers of patience! :lol: congrats on the purchase. i just saw the movie last week and that credit card bundled w/ the SP ver. seems kinda cool now that i know it was shown in the movie and was used to buy off Ozma and SMS's service... B))

i'm still waiting to get my reg. version Monster... just one more week and i'll have it in my hands! can't wait!

edit - i'm currently re-watching MF TV and it's only now that i noticed that the Koenig did have them eye decals. all this time i thought it only had the shark mouth... :wacko::lol:

Damn Talovnar, your mighty power sucked 190 USD out of my credit card. :p Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So awesome, SP version coming my way. Bout time i got a koenig!

Edited by m0n5t3r

It has been a while since my last post in this forum. After I received my Konig... it's crazy not to share some photos of this baby. It is one of the best so far from Bandai and I really love the build quality as well as the aesthetics of the design.

Surely will come out with QTVR again if I have the time.

Enjoy the pic. ;)

Cheers,

ikhii

post-3479-12899167888_thumb.jpg

post-3479-128991683102_thumb.jpg

THANKS! Was going to order from AmiAmi this week, but this is even cheaper. Ordered 2 and the EMS shipping came out to 8300. Missed out on the stands though (it's only 15% off now).

UNSpacy

Just saw Hobby search has the SP version for 10000 Yen . . .

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10116611

and sorta off topic but the deep blue stand is 50% off as well!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10114747

How are the joints holding up guys? I read this ain't that heavy, but got some nice metal parts where needed.

I'm f'n excited about this, i plug the laptop into my 55" led and click slideshow on my vb-6 special folder, about 160 pics worth of DROOL.

Funny, i absolutely love my weathered 1/60 tomohawk, and this being a variable destroid makes me want more destroids, that 1/100 Monster is in my sights.... 1/100 army!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie