Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Okay, I've taken the pictures of my DX Monster and filmed a video review but I still have a lot of work left. In the meantime I've updated my Yamato Monster review on anymoon.com to get the ball rolling... if you haven't seen it before, go check it out. If you have seen it before, I completely reworked the pictures so they're now big enough where you can actually see the toy.

Okay, I've taken the pictures of my DX Monster and filmed a video review but I still have a lot of work left. In the meantime I've updated my Yamato Monster review on anymoon.com to get the ball rolling... if you haven't seen it before, go check it out. If you have seen it before, I completely reworked the pictures so they're now big enough where you can actually see the toy.

I'm gone! :D

The Bandai DX Konig Monster is NOT 1/100 scale... it's a non-scale toy which is why it's badged as also being part of the Robot Spirits line and why it's NOT billed as part of the Hi-Metal line. I did the math and if the Konig is supposed to be 41meters tall (I don't know if that's correct) then the DX is 1/117. In shuttle mode the toy is about 1/107.

The Bandai DX Konig Monster is NOT 1/100 scale... it's a non-scale toy which is why it's badged as also being part of the Robot Spirits line and why it's NOT billed as part of the Hi-Metal line. I did the math and if the Konig is supposed to be 41meters tall (I don't know if that's correct) then the DX is 1/117. In shuttle mode the toy is about 1/107.

Cool thanks for that! It's close enough i guess, i am a scale nazi.

I love seeing every new pic of the Koenig, it looks fricken awesome.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

@ logos: A 1/60 would be humongous. :D

@ jediwalker: Nice Shooting.

@ Yeah. It's quite a disappointment that it isn't scaled with anything else. It only looks to scale with the RDs. But it still a nice clunky toy. Love playing with mine still.

I still hate the fact the destroid mode can't be posed walking.

The destroid mode can be posed walking... it's just not perfect. You can bring one knee forward a notch(kind of like GERWALK) and bring the other knee back and it looks like it's walking. No, it's no where near what you can do with a VF-1 toy but you can make it look like there's some action going on.

Get it while stock lasts!

It's a good buy even among non-Macross-fans, so you should be even happier with it!

Yes I would normally agree but meh I thought the same thing about the MiniMac. And what did I discover? After paying $200 plus CDN dollars for it half a year later HLJ is selling them for half the retail price. So Im waiting. I know they will be available.

@ jenius: Please do show me a picture on how you did it. I'd really appreciate it because I can't do it on my figure. Thanks in advance.

Anyways, my expectations of a walking pose in any bi-pedal humanoid figure is with one leg swung forward doing a natural looking walking pose. If it can't do that then in my mind and opinion, it just cant. :D

@ logos: A 1/60 would be humongous. :D

@ jediwalker: Nice Shooting.

@ Yeah. It's quite a disappointment that it isn't scaled with anything else. It only looks to scale with the RDs. But it still a nice clunky toy. Love playing with mine still.

I still hate the fact the destroid mode can't be posed walking.

thanks...

here's Destroid mode..

5088428203_cd9aeefe49.jpg

5089020916_ae41142726.jpg

5089043522_09068677da.jpg

i cant get it to "walk" as well... maybe can only simulate it by bending the knees backwards...?

Nice pics guys.. I just got mine today. Its awesome! Im not worried about the hips moving back and forth in destroid/gerwalk mode.. I mean All the VF's had no hip movement in gerwalk mode right? Its just the battroid's hip movement I'm ticked off about.. but thats ok. It's still nice. Remarkable piece of engineering. Light years ahead of the yamato one. Now to off to find any or all robot spirit macross frontier figures!!

** off topic **

I really wish they made some vajra to fight with though. Any news on that protype vajra that bandai came out with back in '08?

Just got my today and all I can say its awesome. I got a question on the back of the SP versions "island premium card" the copy of the Centurion Card, there is a S/N # mine is 0000940, I'm wondering if the number is unique and each SP has it own number. What are your numbers?

How are the joints of this thing?

Some of them are ratcheted, all of them are nicely designed and strong enough to hold poses. My only complaint in regards to the joints is that there is no forward or backward movement at the hips. My Quarter was hoping to have a nice sit with the Konig.