Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

I'm definitely getting the "normal" version. I liked my Yamato for what it was, and this so far seems to improve on it in every way. As long as everything locks together properly in each mode and it can actually be posed in any mode other than Shuttle mode without flopping in to a jumbled mess, I'll be sold.

That base is horribly underwhelming. The stickers are nice. From what I gather, the clean Sheryl and Ranka version are the regular, with the art being stickers. The SP has the mouth and Foxy lady tampo'd on. Aside from the stickers and handbook, the cheaper regular version is looking even more appealing.

Base definitely looks underwhelming, but I hope that's not finished yet. =P From the recent picture though, it looks like the SP doesn't have the mouth tampo, only the nose art. Hope that's the case!

4620555009_f2b54eeaf0.jpg

Base definitely looks underwhelming, but I hope that's not finished yet. =P From the recent picture though, it looks like the SP doesn't have the mouth tampo, only the nose art. Hope that's the case!

4620555009_f2b54eeaf0.jpg

I am confuse by the latest photo. How come it looks different than the one they print on the box art?

Bandai needs to release some 'real' product promotion photos... it just remind me Yamato VF-11C.

s-68.jpg

I just don't know which one is the final product.

Edited by macrossnake

I Finally got down an pre-order the SP version at HLJ.

Care to mention that in their description they say the SP will have an extra Cheryl sticker (like on the box)

"""" FROM HLJ DESCRIPTION PREORDER PAGE """"""

The highly popular VB-6 Konig Monster from both Macross F television and movie anime is now being released by Bandai as a transformable toy! The sturdy die-cast joints allow it to transform between Shuttle, Gerwalk, and Destroid form with ease and maintain a large variety of poses. A display stand will also be included. The VB-6 will also come with two stickers for the nose art to mark it as your choice of tv or movie version. A must for any Macross fan and fans of cool mecha in general!

This special edition will feature a Cheryl Nome sticker for the nose, a display stand based on the Island-1 from the Macross movie, Cheryl Nome decoration stickers, a mission card (which looks like Cheryl's black credit card), and a plastic sleeve cover for the package.

If it really does have "sturdy die-cast joints (that) allow it to . . . . mantain a large variety of poses" I will now attach the feeding tubes and catheterize myself for the bankbusting month of valk buying ahead.

Just eating nothing but ramen noodles is for sissies, real macross fans cause self induced comas to save money for their habit! ;P

Thanks for the pics..but this should not be the exclusive base that's suppose to come with the SP ver.

I was thinking it will be more diorama-like...

I agree, the base is the only thing that I'm waiting on. I'm sure it will be a let down but I've gotta at least see it before I make my choice.

or maybe they're gonna go cheapo on us and give us some cells (cardboard cutouts) with the clear base <_<

Edited by niVL@Boy

I'll buy whichever version has the shark's mouth tampo printed on, as I really like the shark mouth. For me no tampo printed shark mouth = no buy.

I don't care about having Ranka or Sheryl markings.

Graham

Shark mouth is the only thing that stands them out from the original monsters (at least to me)...

it makes sense if they wanna remove the mouth/eyes for the SP ver...but don't they dare touch the regular ones... :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up, Chindenathus....my, I'm glad I PO'ed, hopefully Bandai gonna score with this one!

Judging from the pics, the unsightly gaps for the shuttle mode have been more or less taken care off...and can I be optimistic and say, it looks like a generous amount of die-cast parts are going to be used?

There is qhuite a bit of technical design images.

I am most impressed with the nose turret and the

deployable stabilizer for "gerwalk".

Just figured I'd share.

Love those new features. And the pic of the Monster aiming up is awesome.

Ngeekhiong has a rundown on the gimmicks in english:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/06/dx-chogokin-konig-monster-introduction.html