Official Bandai DX Chogokin VB-6 König Monster Thread

Funkenstein

Before anyone pushes the panic button, :D the article mentions that this is still a pre-pro and that they are still working out how to get it sturdy (incl. get it to stand without support) as well as working out the gaps.

IT NEEDS A STAND IN THE GERWALK MODE!!!

Sorry, can't help. Exactly what happens when you ask people not to panic.

And frankly, I am not very optimistic on the resultant solution, if there is one.

It would be great if they could provide some longer cannon replacements just for gerwalk mode for posing. It would also be great if the cannons actually aligned with the backplate... Right now it looks like they're just breaking off from it. Oh well, I can keep dreaming.

It would be great if they could provide some longer cannon replacements just for gerwalk mode for posing. It would also be great if the cannons actually aligned with the backplate... Right now it looks like they're just breaking off from it. Oh well, I can keep dreaming.

agree. The cannons really are short. I hope Bandai will provid an extension as an option.

And to call it DX Chogokin - I wish it is at least 1/100 scale...

Some shop listings with pricing:

DX超合金 Macross F VB-6 König Monster (SP Ver.)

21,000 Yen (after tax), September

Source: http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...p;DISPCATEGORY=

DX超合金 Macross F VB-6 König Monster

16,800 Yen (after tax), September

No tamashii limited BS even with the special version!

Some shop listings with pricing:

No tamashii limited BS even with the special version!

Damn that is way higher than I was expecting, guess they slapped that DX超合金 on there to justify the price

Edited by anubis20

What is the special version?

No idea, other than a separate listing with "(SP ver)" and a 4000 yen higher price. It is puzzling since there is no fast pack, external missiles or other upgrades known for VB-6 that can justify the price. Metallic coating just don't make sense for VB-6, so my current best guess is weathered paint job like the ones from Yamato.

Damn that is way higher than I was expecting, guess they slapped that DX超合金 on there to justify the price

Well, at least it is not web/magazine exclusive/limited.

Most likely it will be weathered 'monster girl' version with a special stand and a small booklet.

Perhape the cannons will even light up! If we are lucky. :lol:

Edited by macrossnake

hey, hey... Yamato's the one doing weathered exclusives... don't be giving Bandai any more ideas, they've gone exclusives-crazy as it is. AFAIK, Bandai likes doing special clear versions, special painted/coating versions, SP ver. of upgraded or different version of the same mech in the anime...

i'm guessing the SP ver. monster will either be the "monster girl" w/ Ranka-no-pantsu marking that came out later in the show... or some kind movie version.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Now they have photos and descriptions. What I can understand after some bot translator:

Regular version: come with sticker for regular and late TV version.

SP version: Nicely printed shark tooth and Sheryl, Island 1 crash landing scene from the movie, Sheryl stickers for all over the body, collectible: a card and SMS instruction book Sheryl used in the movie, packaging with Sheryl in black and white rabbit suit.

Can someone post some related screen shots from the movie?

Now they have photos and descriptions. What I can understand after some bot translator:

Regular version: come with sticker for regular and late TV version.

SP version: Nicely printed shark tooth and Sheryl, Island 1 crash landing scene from the movie, Sheryl stickers for all over the body, collectible: a card and SMS instruction book Sheryl used in the movie, packaging with Sheryl in black and white rabbit suit.

Can someone post some related screen shots from the movie?

wait...

the regular version comes without the stickers applied * (early TV version). HOWEVER, it includes stickers for both Ranka Nose Art (late TV version) AND Sheryl Nose Art (Movie version). So you can chose which one to apply or not at all.

SP version is limited to First Issue only (and comes with the following "gifts")

- comes with Sheryl Nose Art applied

- "Island 1" canopy style display base (seems like the Monster landed and fired a shot on the canopy of Island 1 in the movie... )

- Sheryl images (decals?) for decoration

- special goods set "Mission Code: Galaxy Fairy", movie version... Sheryl's Black Credit Card (with Serial Numbering) and SMS Operations Instruction manual

- Sheryl image packaging with clear sleeves... :S

Edited by Shun

wait...

the regular version comes without the stickers applied * (early TV version). HOWEVER, it includes stickers for both Ranka Nose Art (late TV version) AND Sheryl Nose Art (Movie version). So you can chose which one to apply or not at all.

SP version is limited to First Issue only (and comes with the following "gifts")

- comes with Sheryl Nose Art applied

- "Island 1" canopy style display base (seems like the Monster landed and fired a shot on the canopy of Island 1 in the movie... )

- Sheryl images (decals?) for decoration

- special goods set "Mission Code: Galaxy Fairy", movie version... Sheryl's Black Credit Card (with Serial Numbering) and SMS Operations Instruction manual

- Sheryl image packaging with clear sleeves... :S

So the 4k yen buy you a tampo of a sticker you get on the regular version and a bunch of meh? Regular version for me then.

I don't see why you wouldn't get the SP version as it is 100 yen cheaper than the regular version's MSRP over at AmiAmi with its discounts. Of course, that means that the regular version will be even cheaper still...

Edited by Actar

I'm going for the regular version because I want the option to put the monster girl decals on myself. I'm not sure how much I like them plastered over the toothy mouth, so I might find some other place on the Monster to put them.

As for the rest of the extras in the SP set, I'm not really into display bases, credit cards or special packaging. :)

Edited by eriku

I'm going for the regular version because I want the option to put the monster girl decals on myself. I'm not sure how much I like them plastered over the toothy mouth, so I might find some other place on the Monster to put them.

As for the rest of the extras in the SP set, I'm not really into display bases, credit cards or special packaging. :)

Yeh, nothing in the SP set sounds exciting enough to justify a much more expensive purchase. I'm going to have to go for the cheaper one, too. I hope this turns out awesome, since I've been debating selling my Yamato one for awhile now.

Ya know, there is one thing I have never understood about the transforming Monster...

Why on earth does the nose have to fold under?

For battroid, okay, it makes the torso a little less pointy. But seriously, in gerwalk, it just looks dumb. It's like, "sorry, the nose is just too heavy, I think we'll let it dangle for no reason." In the process, they introduce the potential for a floppy joint that just lets it dangle.

The only reason for it I see is to make it look more like the original Monster... which makes absolutely no engineering sense.

Anywho...

Is the SP version a newer Ranka Guard from the movie? Because, that's definitely not the Monster Girl nose art I remember... and it looks hideous pasted over the shark mouth. <_<

Is the SP version a newer Ranka Guard from the movie? Because, that's definitely not the Monster Girl nose art I remember... and it looks hideous pasted over the shark mouth. <_<

The SP version is actually "Sheryl Guard".... it seems like in the movie, the monster had Sheryl Nose Art instead of Ranka Nose Art.

And no, it doesn't look like the Sheryl & Bullet Nose Art that we've seen....

:huh:

Edited by Shun

The side toes don't look like they can angle back, so the monster has to stand on it's exhaust flaps. At least Yamato got that right. Hope the actual toy can balance better in both G and B modes.

No special version for me, either.

I hope the legs lock together better than they appear by this pic. I'm assuming the thing was hastily transformed for the benefit of snapping off some quick pics. I hope that's all, b/c thus far, it looks to be a step up from Yamato's in nearly all respects.