Musicians in Hampton Roads, Virginia?

Are there any other musicians in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia who might be interested in getting together to play Macross music (or just Anime in general)?

I live in Yorktown and would be happy to get together with some folks and attempt some songs? I play Acoustic and Electric guitar (still pretty new at it) and used to play Saxophone.

Anyone interested or know where I might find folks who are?!

Thanks!

Jason

Hey, another Jason that plays music. Too bad you don't live out here in Socal. It took me a long time just to find some people who like playing music from this genre. Do you have any guitar tabs or songs? I've got down good portions of a few of Fire Bomber's songs, and DYRL. Even have down one or two Macross II songs. As for other anime, working on the opening song from Blood +, the 2nd opening song from Death Note, and a couple others. Perhaps we can share music? Let me know.

Jasonc

Hey, another Jason that plays music. Too bad you don't live out here in Socal. It took me a long time just to find some people who like playing music from this genre. Do you have any guitar tabs or songs? I've got down good portions of a few of Fire Bomber's songs, and DYRL. Even have down one or two Macross II songs. As for other anime, working on the opening song from Blood +, the 2nd opening song from Death Note, and a couple others. Perhaps we can share music? Let me know.

Jasonc

Yeah, I'm not in the best area unfortunately, but the job keeps me here in Virginia (I work at NASA, still trying to convince them to build transforming aircraft but to no avail so far :lol: ).

I'd love any Tabs, etc. you've got, I'm been writing up some of the songs I've been working on as well since I haven't been entirely happy with the online ones.

I've got the acoustic version of Remember 16 done pretty well, and I'm still semi working on My Soul For You on my acoustic as well. And I've messed with "Ninjin loves you yeah!" just a tad for the fun of it, lol.

One of these days when I get the courage up, I'll post a video or audio clip of what I have so far.

That's pretty cool. I know how to play most, if not all of Angel Voice, Do You Remember Love, a rock/metal version of Macross (original opening song), Planet Dance, and I'm currently working on Banana Moon Love (is that the title) from Macross II. What software do you use to write out tabs on computer? If you have one, is it freeware, or is there a link to get it? I'd like something I can use to put out these on my computer. Writing takes forever.

That's pretty cool. I know how to play most, if not all of Angel Voice, Do You Remember Love, a rock/metal version of Macross (original opening song), Planet Dance, and I'm currently working on Banana Moon Love (is that the title) from Macross II. What software do you use to write out tabs on computer? If you have one, is it freeware, or is there a link to get it? I'd like something I can use to put out these on my computer. Writing takes forever.

I'm using Finale Print Music, but I think it's like $90 or maybe it was $50. I've heard Guitar Pro is also very good, but I haven't tried it.

I think I may have gotten most of the kinks that were confusing me out of Angel Voice (Tenshi no koe), I'll send what I've got when I get around to writing it on something other than scribbled notes ;) .

I know Angel Voice is a basic chord progression that's common in quite a few songs. the verse chords I know are C, G, Am, F...but you gotta keep your 4th finger (pinkie) on the high E string, 3rd fret (G) throughout the chord changes. That's the "twang" you'll hear in the song. I don't remember off hand the exact chords for the rest, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

For Planet dance, it's more of a blues/rock chord progression in B Here's part of what I have for that.

Verse

B A E B

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------4----2-------------4-----2-------------------------------------------------------------------9-----7---------------9---7-------------------------------4----2-----------4---2--------

-----------------4----2-------------4-----2--3--4-----------------4---2-----4---2---3--4------------------9-----7---------------9---7----8---9---------------------4----2-----------4---2---3--4---

----2----2-------------------2---------------------------0---0----0---0-----0----0-----------------7---7---------------7--7--7------------------------------2----2---------------2-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, the chorus part

G#m E C# F

That's the most of the song. There's some fills and stuff, but it's quite easy. I'd tab out part of the guitar solo, but most of it is just soloing around the verse chords, lots of hammer-ons and pull-offs.

Edited by Jasonc

I know Angel Voice is a basic chord progression that's common in quite a few songs. the verse chords I know are C, G, Am, F...but you gotta keep your 4th finger (pinkie) on the high E string, 3rd fret (G) throughout the chord changes. That's the "twang" you'll hear in the song. I don't remember off hand the exact chords for the rest, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

Yeah, Angel voice is

C9+5 x32033 or x3x033 not sure which one I like better yet.

G5 320033

Am7? x02013

Fsus9 xx3013

And a Dsus4 shows up in there very briefly a few times xx0233, usually just before "Angel Voice" is sung.