Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Somehow this whole "we'll do better next time" is beginning to kill my enthusiasm. Anyway, I have high hopes for this battroid-centric potential beauty, but it has to be really good looking, or my already big collection of fire valkyries will have to do without their 1/60 cousin.

Edited by nexxstrait

The YF-21 is my all time favorite VF, yet I don't own Yamato's 1/60 because I can't stand its Battroid mode. I still think that my old 1/70 FP edition looks a ton better and I can't wait for Bandai's Hi-Metal version, so I hope Yamato revisits the 1/60 21 some day with a better Battroid in mind. I think it's perfectly possible to have both a nice looking Fighter AND Battroid modes with some creative engineering. There are great examples of this out there, like the venerable D-Stance YF-21.

From what I understand of the CAD pictures of the chest area, the upper chest does lock to the lower part of the body by inserting the neck plate into the nosecone, very nice if so!

It's looking a bit strange so far though, the head seems a tad too big to me but I must admit I never watched that Macross series so it may be just me

I'll choose to interpret that as "fighter mode looks really bad, we're too embarassed to show it".

Have faith. You know they never show the full monty all at once. We'll get more reveals of the next few months.

Graham

The YF-21 is my all time favorite VF, yet I don't own Yamato's 1/60 because I can't stand its Battroid mode. I still think that my old 1/70 FP edition looks a ton better and I can't wait for Bandai's Hi-Metal version, so I hope Yamato revisits the 1/60 21 some day with a better Battroid in mind. I think it's perfectly possible to have both a nice looking Fighter AND Battroid modes with some creative engineering. There are great examples of this out there, like the venerable D-Stance YF-21.

if it can look like dstance, i'm so there.

I would really have to disagree that the the dstance looks anywhere near approaching "good" in fighter mode.

dstancecomparison.jpg

Word from above, the WF display will be battroid mode only. Guess us fighter fans have to wait a while longer.

Graham

Awe shucks! :(

Guess it gives me something else to look forward to then. ;)

Chris

Yamato should just sell a set of bigger legs so we can swap it with the chicken legs it currently has. Lol

i dont like the idea of making a valkyrie based in only in one mode i think is better make a vf with equilibrium between the 3 modes i say that because i was planing display the fire in fighter mode but considering that probably yamato will use the same body for the vf 19s that i love in battroid mode i supose that i cant complain

It will be displayed in Battroid only because they only have one prototype jeez

It's gonna be all three modes of awesome.

Have some faith in Yamato for once.

I will be waiting for your video review!

In fact, I bought GFF MC Zeta Plus after I watched your super-long, super-awesome review ^_^

Agreed. But all the Fighter mode problems on the D-Stance are sculpt problems. The engineering solutions are all there. Yamato could have outdone it very easily.

the D-stance looks like crap in every mode. The only thing it had going for it was that at the time it came out, it was the least offensively ugly fully transformable YF-21.

Bandai should do a chunky monkey VF-22S. Make it plastic. Let us detach the legs from the toy. And make it 1/60 so that we can attach the chunky legs to yamato vf-22S. :D

Gundam hands with individual articulation for each finger (balljoints where the finger start)and clown feet is what they want.

The Qrau from DYRL has the best feet. It's no secret the VF designers in the future who made vf-25 stole QRau shoes and put them on their VFs. Once again Zentradi technology (especially girl feet) is superior.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

As mentioned, a very early pre-tooling prototype, so a lot could still change at this stage.

Also, as is common, it may have been sculpted in a larger scale than 1/60, so may appear chunkier than the final product will be.

Graham