Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Now more than ever Yamato must do a 1/60 YF-19 version 2!!!!

Especially after their staff compared both toys.

As a toy (not design), the VF-19 is infinitely better than the YF-19.

According to Macross Mecha Manual:

VF-19 and YF-19 have the same battroid head heigth: 15.48m but I undestand that in the name of chunkiness Yamato 1/60 VF-19 has an elonged piece before the air intake that folds back at the hip area, and yes legs are shorter too.

10elcus.jpg

VF-11 head heigth in battroid mode: 12.92m

Edited by charger69

Wow, that one picture comparing the two fighter mode profiles really show how horrible the yf-19 is! It's amazing so many of us tolerated it! The difference in quality is almost the same as the 1/72 to the 1/60.

Chris

Disagree I still like the yf 19 and prefer slim over chunky in all case the probable new yf 19 if is based in the fire are closer to the yf 19 1/72 version that is chunkier in comparison with the yf 19 1/60 :wacko: anyway back on topic the fire looks amazing the only bad thing was the absence of crystal clear on eyes I hope will not the same for the blazer <_<

Edited by valhary

Wow, that one picture comparing the two fighter mode profiles really show how horrible the yf-19 is! It's amazing so many of us tolerated it! The difference in quality is almost the same as the 1/72 to the 1/60.

Chris

I like it that the gullet's gone but those fat thighs are putting me off.

Edit: Ok just so we're clear I'm talking about the valk, not you know...

Edited by raptormesh

Yamato 1/60 VF-19 has an elonged piece before the air intake that folds back at the hip area,10elcus.jpg

I've been saying that the YF-19 should do that too for years. (It's fairly apparent in the line-art, it's part of the basic transformation for the entire -19 family--it's just more obvious with the later versions due to the extended LERX)

sorry firmpulse but I still seeing painted eyes but I hope that you´re right so wait for official confirmation about this

That's the reisin prototype from ages ago. You can tell by the gray parts showing behind the paint. The final product has clear eyes.

Yeah, and it's gonna be even weirder if the VF-11 looks lankier than the Kai. But, what the hell. The YF-19 always looked terrible to me in Battroid.

I knew we had seen this before. The VF-11C is indeed lankier than the Kai as it is supposed to be. IMO, they look alright together.

post-12283-0-69361400-1305308200_thumb.jpg

Picture from Yamato Open Showroom 2010.

Edited by Reïvaj

So the height of the 1/60 YF-19 in Battroid was always wrong? :blink:

Well, I don't really know for I don't own one. If the actual height of the toy in battroid mode is around 25.80cm without the laser gun it should be alright according to Macross Mecha Manual. Can you measure it?

Edited by Reïvaj

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Yes, the VF-19 is incredibly awesome looking, and I'm loving how it blows the old YF-19 away (and making me really want a v.2 YF-19).

But.. those stickers. WHAT??? The hamster driving the speculation wheel in my head just downed 20 red bulls, and could probably power the entire state of New York right now. I mean.. really.. the implications of that sticker sheet are enormous.

The first thing that hit me: When did Yamato get the rights to reproduce the Supernova decals? I admit, I don't know what the details were behind the scenes with those sets of markings, or who actually held the copyrights to them (I would assume it was whoever produced the originals for the Hasegawa 1/72 kit). But I was under the impression that the reason the Bird of Prey and Double Nuts repaints for the YF-19 were not actually in those markings was because of copyright issues (well... aside from the complexity of those schemes, which they might have thought would be too hard to tampo on the toys). I mean, the color palettes used on those were copies of the Supernova schemes already.

So, that begs the question.. why include them here? They obviously don't belong on the VF-19 (the red letters wouldn't even show up).. so are they including them as a bonus for people who will do repaints of this one? Or possibly as a bonus for people who bought the older YF-19, and wanted these stickers for it?

Either way, this means Yamato is aware of how popular those markings are, which makes me really anxious for a v.2 YF-19, to see if they'll follow through with full up prototype repaints.

Second, and this is arguably a bigger thing than the first.. What on earth is going on with the NUNS markings? I suppose, yes, it's just a sticker. But have we seen those markings used anywhere outside of Bandai owned Macross material before? Maybe they're thinking of MacrossR and the possibility of NUNS operated VF-19s or something. But... ok, considering they just revealed they're making a VF-17... I don't know.

I'm probably overly optimistic here, and don't really know enough about the way the licensing system works with things like this. But wouldn't it be interesting if Bandai decided to take advantage of Yamato's work on the VF-17, and worked with them to produce a VF-171?

Anyway though.. now that I think about it, this reminds me a lot of the hints we got from the sticker sheet for Gamlin's VF-22 (and possibly the YF-21) when it had M&M name labels. I don't see any names, since everything's in white, but I'm betting this is the sheet they'll be including with all the various VF-19 versions, so it'll probably have Docker stickers on there. I also hope that the few darker numbers and stencils mean we'll be getting a light colored VF-19 somewhere down the road. (please, white with black stripes from the master file, I will buy 10)

Lastly, I gotta say the "FB" tailcode stickers cracked me up when I realized that's what they were for. Looking at the miniature VF-19 side views near the bottom, it looks like those markings are printed on the tails.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, I don't really know for I don't own one. If the actual height of the toy in battroid mode is around 25.80cm without the laser gun it should be alright according to Macross Mecha Manual. Can you measure it?

The height of the 1/60 YF-19 is accurate. The Fireblazer toy looks to be about 23.5cm in height in battroid mode. Looks great though, a lot better than the YF. There was always something off about the YF-19 toy, it was never as stout as it should be. This is one looks spot on. Hope they make a 1/60 YF-19 2.0. Milk it Yamato!

wow! look at those pics of them holding it up by the wing or nosecone! Fantastic.

so snap! from shizouka. video demo of the kai! he only transforms it to gerwalk though :(

Edited by firmpulse

so snap! from shizouka. video demo of the kai! he only transforms it to gerwalk though :(

Dammit, get one some non-garish colors Yamato! That's the 19 Gerwalk I wanted with the YF-19. The whole thing looks totally stable/solid in fighter and Gerwalk.

The height of the 1/60 YF-19 is accurate. The Fireblazer toy looks to be about 23.5cm in height in battroid mode. Looks great though, a lot better than the YF. There was always something off about the YF-19 toy, it was never as stout as it should be. This is one looks spot on. Hope they make a 1/60 YF-19 2.0. Milk it Yamato!

This. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be easy. The YF-19 and the VF-19 probably share only around 10%-15% of the mouldings. Right now I can only think of the landing gears, some articulations, the upper arms, and that's about it… And the know-how, of course, but it won't be as just to blow and make bottles…

I like it that the gullet's gone but those fat thighs are putting me off.

Edit: Ok just so we're clear I'm talking about the valk, not you know...

LOL! :lol:Frankly, they both look pretty big in the rear but that is just the design of the 19 series. The old YF-19's raised neck just looks weird to me....though I will say that the Kai's cockpit looks off to me like maybe just a bit too small, the canopy that is.

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Yes, the VF-19 is incredibly awesome looking, and I'm loving how it blows the old YF-19 away (and making me really want a v.2 YF-19).

But.. those stickers. WHAT??? The hamster driving the speculation wheel in my head just downed 20 red bulls, and could probably power the entire state of New York right now. I mean.. really.. the implications of that sticker sheet are enormous.

The first thing that hit me: When did Yamato get the rights to reproduce the Supernova decals? I admit, I don't know what the details were behind the scenes with those sets of markings, or who actually held the copyrights to them (I would assume it was whoever produced the originals for the Hasegawa 1/72 kit). But I was under the impression that the reason the Bird of Prey and Double Nuts repaints for the YF-19 were not actually in those markings was because of copyright issues (well... aside from the complexity of those schemes, which they might have thought would be too hard to tampo on the toys). I mean, the color palettes used on those were copies of the Supernova schemes already.

So, that begs the question.. why include them here? They obviously don't belong on the VF-19 (the red letters wouldn't even show up).. so are they including them as a bonus for people who will do repaints of this one? Or possibly as a bonus for people who bought the older YF-19, and wanted these stickers for it?

Either way, this means Yamato is aware of how popular those markings are, which makes me really anxious for a v.2 YF-19, to see if they'll follow through with full up prototype repaints.

I was wondering why all the extra stickers too, not like you can do anything with them since we can't change the color of the fighter.

Chris

I gotta admit that after watching the video above this thing is really growing on me colors and all. It looks really nice in that high gloss finish...like a show-bird. Is that the finsh that the mass produced toy will be in? I remember seeing pictures of the YF-21 that had it have a really high gloss but the actual toy in hand just look like standard blue plastic.

Chris

"sugoi" indeed! hope there'll be a video soon for the transformation to battroid.

and that pic of the Kai with the 11C looks okay, the chunkiness kinda makes up for the lack in height. i just thought it might look weird if anybody's planning to display the 1/60 Kai with the 1/60 M&M VF-22s in b-mode.

More awesomeness ahead!

ap_20110513083158859.jpg?ib_____DLTECtm7q

Yamato, tell me that Speaker Pod Gamma comes with the sound booster and it is not a stupid weborder thing and you got my money. I must have that overcompensating piece of plastic for my display. I'm sure they can fit some sound gimmicks in it.

Edit:

Just saw the video. I don't care fro glossy but this time it works. Basara is their best pilot sculp yet.

Edited by Twoducks

the whole package is great, Im loving it from go to woe. i'll certainly have to get one at some point when i can afford it. Hell even the little basara looks great.

About the only shame for me is the lack of removable intake covers. Not a deal breaker, but a sad omission.

lack of removable intake covers. Not a deal breaker, but a sad omission.

i agree if that's the case. but do we have confirmation they aren't removable? before it was released (and right up until release) i remember never being able to find images of the llB with the intake covers removed.

i think this pic pretty much confirms it.

post-8437-0-45248700-1305328712_thumb.jpg

don't really remove the intake covers on any of my Yamato valks anyway.

can't recall, but was it ever shown in the show with the intake covers retracted?

Edited by m0n5t3r

I wonder why they didn't make em removable?

They were shown without them plenty of times in the series.

EDIT: We've even posted pics of it a few pages back.

Edited by UN Spacy