Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Nice. First one is new I think, second is a better picture of what we saw before.

Looks like I was right, they did get the upper hip plates to pull back away from the legs, and even got the legs to swing higher up to shorten the torso. :D

I'm gonna anxiously await some fighter mode pics, but so far this is looking promising, at least as far as battroid is concerned.

Just saw this posted at Cybergundam.

Is this new?

it looks really great in battroid mode, but I have a feeling it's going to look terrible in fighter mode. (it's the VF-19, you just can't have it both ways.)

The battroid mode is looking pretty cool so far. However, until a colored prototype comes out, we can't really be sure how it will really look. I sure hope the final colors used will be darker shades of red and yellow (something like the high end iron man 1/6 figures), rather than bright red and yellow, which probably will make it look real cheap (IMO).

Like I said, I sure hope they don't ditch the fighter mode too much... though Anime52k8 said, probably the fighter is probably gonna look wonky.

Looking very good. The anticipation factor is rising fast.

Graham

Looks like they went with the anime accurate legs instead of the master file legs

That was never in doubt. Yamato's aim all along with the Fire valk has been to make it as anime accurate as possible, with the emphasis on battroid mode.

Graham

I think the Retppu kit is the ONLY transforming representation of the YF-19 to "split" like I mean. I can only go by the instructions though, never seen a built-up one---but there's even sliding joints inside, it's part of the transformation.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/hobbybase/retppu_yf19i5.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/hobbybase/retppu_yf19i6.jpg ---look in the middle here---that's the hip split/transformation sequence, which neither SHE nor Yamato ever seemed to do.

Now, here's a battroid-only B-club kit, but it does have the split:

http://kitbash.net/m100/yf19c6.jpg

http://kitbash.net/m100/yf19b1.jpg

http://kitbash.net/m100/yf19p7.jpg

http://kitbash.net/m100/yf19p8.jpg

See how the hips are separate from the upper intake/slot? And how it allows them to be "mounted higher up" in battroid mode? (if you shape the two parts differently, it even allows you to almost pull off how the main intake itself is shaped differently in battroid and fighter mode)

OK David, I get what you mean now. In my wording, I'd say you want the sub-air intake/LERX section to be completely separate from the upper leg/main-intake section.

That would only work if the sub-air intake/LERX section also had it's own pivot that it could rotate on, so that it could also move when you moved the upper leg/main-intake section. Otherwise, the LERX would block the thigh from moving if you wanted to do say a kneeling pose.

Graham

I'll say it again, WOO HOO....a battroid mode entry hatch!!!!!!!!

Now the toy better come with a standing Basara figure that you can pose next to the hatch.

Graham

oooh, nice. I was going to pass on this as the mcdonalds valk isn't a favorite of mine but that CAD looks really promising.

I'm on the same boat as you!!! It's starting to grow on me.

I'll also show support buying it, to convince Yamato that the VF-17 is an absolute must!!!

Looks nice, but I'm a fighter guy too and fear how bad it'll look to make the Batt. mode more accurate. looking forward to seeing more.

Chris

Then the fighter mode would be incredibly fat. Lol

seconded.

I can dig the idea of making the VF-19kai very bulked out in battroid mode and the cost of fighter mode as the fire valk is a very battroid-centric design.

the VF-17 not so much. I've never actually liked how bulky the VF-17 looks in the line art, and I think it would be a wast to make and awkward, chubby fighter just to have a chubby robot.

Also we know that the VF-17 looks good when you make it skinny and fighter-centric (i.e. VF-171)

Yet again--make Mylene's valk. It's even more battroid-centric than Basara's. The shape of fighter mode is ENTIRELY determined by the battroid.

Plus, it's inherently much slimmer in battroid, so you don't have to worry so much about ending up with a chunky fighter mode.

For a VF-17, probably would need to have part of the legs removeable, to make a decent looking fighter mode.

Or collapsing.

I can't wait, Basara's valk will be a must-have for me. My Bootleg Fire doesn't stand a chance to not go into the odds and ends box in the closet.

According to Yamato's special Wonderfest page, the Fire Valkyrie will be on display as a full prototype.

That's great,we'll get to see a new sculpt!!!

Thanks for the news!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Looks nice, but I'm a fighter guy too and fear how bad it'll look to make the Batt. mode more accurate. looking forward to seeing more.

Chris

As long as they have enough folding, collapsing or removable parts for the back of the legs, we should be OK for a decent enough fighter mode. The back of the legs is always a critical area for getting the fighter mode right on the 19.

Looking forward with great anticipation to the 25th, although I expect that Yamato will only display the prototype in battroid mode.

Graham

Now THAT's how a Battroid mode should look like. Being a Battroid guy myself I'm really hyped about this toy. If fighter mode ends up looking any good (and I'm sure it will), I think I'll skip the Hi-Metals to get this line instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there's more than one scale to choose from, but this CAD made me want to get a Kai which is my least favorite 19 variant. It's interesting that Yamato seems so eager to milk the YF-19 molds all of a sudden. Maybe they're planning on rethinking the 19 eventually?

It's interesting that Yamato seems so eager to milk the YF-19 molds all of a sudden. Maybe they're planning on rethinking the 19 eventually?

I might be mistaken, but I thought I once read somewhere here that the difference between a YF-19 and a VF-19 is somewhere like 90%. However, I really hope Yamato rethinks the YF-19 too, because there's such a gap in looks and quality between the time of the YF-19 and YF-21/VF-11.