Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Sweet. Can't wait to see some prototypes. I want the Diamond Force Blazer. I hope you can swap wings because I never liked the short wing of the Blazer.

I'll go one further. I hope the Blazer valks have optional long wings. There's absolutely no reason for Yamato to do this, but I always thought it was a good idea for foreign toy companies to make their toys specifically for me. But seriously, yeah, I hate the Blazer's short wings too.

I like those wings better than the final results, too. Would prefer those to both the VF-19F/S wings and the original YF-19/VF-19A wings. Very YF-23'ish.

The wings for -19F/S stay as they are. It might look better in fighter mode (which I don't believe),

but giant wings dangling left and right of the legs in battroid mode is just no go.

Aside from the chest, I really hope they fix/resolve the hip area on the VF-19.

The intakes and those triangular tabs behind them looked bad on the YF-19.

Another thing that bugged me was the "scrunched" look when you bend the leg forward and knee backward.

And the shoulders should lock into the chest firmly and not just loosely slot in.

Eh, doubt it could be worse than the Takara MP Starscream. :D I want ratcheted joints for shoulders and hips at a minimum and would like them for elbows and knees too. Most of all, I want Yamato to get better on the hands, though. Is 5-articulated fingers (at least at the knuckles) too much to ask for?

Definitely hope for the chest lock. As far as the shoulders, it should hopefully work like the Fast Packs and click into the back of the leg

Most of all, I want Yamato to get better on the hands, though. Is 5-articulated fingers (at least at the knuckles) too much to ask for?

Yes, all it's going to do is break and not hold anything at all. The hands on PG gundams are 5 times the size of yamato hands and they still manage to suck at doing anything useful because of all the tiny joints. Having every finger jointed (even at just the first knuckle) will just make them break easier, and if it's just the first knuckle it wont make it any more possible anyways (unless you absolutely need your toys to be able to flip people off.)

I say the should stick with the current PT hands but include a dozen or so fixed pose hands in instead. (and I want a left and right version of each hand style)

Eh, I'm just tired of the chicken skeleton hands. The hands on the Takara/Hasbro MP Seekers (Starscream, Skywarp, etc) are far better than just about every Yamato hand... They could tie the middle/ring fingers together, even if they can't do the Stone Cold salute like the MP Convoy/Optimus Prime.

Guess I'd have to agree on the fixed pose hands if that's the only alternative. Maybe go with an old school closed fist or something that can stay on during transformation.

Definitely hope for the chest lock. As far as the shoulders, it should hopefully work like the Fast Packs and click into the back of the leg

I think you misunderstood me, what I meant was the part of the shoulders that swivels forward into the chest in battroid mode.

On the YF-19 Yamato provided indentations, but the shoulders never really locked in properly. That's what I want changed for the VF-19.

Ah you're talking about the front part? Yeah, that seems more of a design/tolerance fit issue. VF-19 shoulders should be tapered differently but I'm with you.

Is there nothing else in the pipe announced with a date for Yamato? VF-11C is out... we don't even have a time frame on the VF-19 Kai, do we?

I forgot about the Mac Zero re-releases, but AFAIK, we don't know about anything else other than the VF-0S, VF-0A, which are due ~April IIRC but then nothing at all known except the VF-19 Kai which has no date (and probably closer to the end of the year rather than summer since we haven't heard a peep yet)

Yamato are aiming for the end of the year for the 19Kai, so it will probably be a while before we see and prototype pics or CAD lineart.

Graham

Hey cool thanks for the information Graham

If it turns out with better proportions and fitting than Bandai's, then I don't mind the waiting. I realize it's a very tricky VF to make. My biggest hope is that battroid mode looks squatter, closer to the lineart this time like the old Bandai 1/100 kit of the Yamato GNU YF-19

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Graham.

Do you think Yamato is planning to release two sculpts of Basara?

In the show he was usually piloting with his tank top/jeans or his flightsuit/sound amp.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if it'll also have the rear entry hatch in Battroid Mode?

I admit, I'm waaaaayyyyy behind on Macross toy news and developments theses days, but I thought Yamato didn't have any rights to Macross 7 mecha since Bandai had them all locked up? Or did something change recently?

Speaking for Graham:

Not without significant remolding. Basara's valk is far from "a VF-19S with a new head".

(namely wings, canards, shoulders)

Hmmn---anyone know if the wing gloves are identical? (this would be the very largest piece of hib-kibble that the wings retract into in battroid mode)

Wings and Canards should be the same as for YF-19, though, so that's not that big of a deal. The Shoulders are unique but I imagine they'll be close to the same for Blazer/Fire.... outside of paint and perhaps minor tooling. I'd really love to get the opening shoulders with lights and sounds but am not expecting it.

Blazer wings are completely different from both Basara's and the YF-19/VF-19A.

And I don't think you can even use YF-19 wings on Basara's, due to the different glove and tailfin. Heck, even the pivot point may be different once Yamato gets around to finalizing/tweaking. (the wing itself is mostly same, but as you get towards the root, everything changes due to the different tailfin location---the VF-19F/S/Kai almost have a kind of tailboom there, the YF-19 doesn't at all)

Each type of -19 pretty much needs its own wing mold, despite there only being 2 basic wing shapes.

Hmmmmm. I wonder if it'll also have the rear entry hatch in Battroid Mode?

Aw man, that's just too easy, even for Agent One...

While I probably won't get the Fire Valk, I am stoked about the possibility of the VF-19F. I like it better than the S - too much cranial flair. I think all you'd need is a different wing & shoulder, and maybe have the canards as 1 piece that can be swapped for the verniers on different models. If they plan for it in advance, it should be cake.

Edited by Kelsain