Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Speaking of which....

Does anybody know why Yamato decided to choose "street clothed" Basara over his "band" outfit? Did Yamato take a poll of some sort to decide? I certainly hope Yamato won't make a limited edition version with the same exact Valkyrie but with a different Basara pilot. That would be the worst kind of milking for a $250.00 plus toy. However I do hope they add a band outfit Basara to the Soundbooster set.

I have no clue why they chose the street clothes from the jamming birds episode(32), but it's a better color than the pink shirt he wore in another episode.

Speaking of which....

Does anybody know why Yamato decided to choose "street clothed" Basara over his "band" outfit? Did Yamato take a poll of some sort to decide? I certainly hope Yamato won't make a limited edition version with the same exact Valkyrie but with a different Basara pilot. That would be the worst kind of milking for a $250.00 plus toy. However I do hope they add a band outfit Basara to the Soundbooster set.

I guess it’s because that’s how Basara’s dressed up most of the time, as Yamato also designed the toy departing from the battroid mode, which is how we see this valk most of the time in the show as well.

Another reason could be that Basara’s informality is very iconic.

Some extra pictures from AmiAmi Blog and yamato-toys@yamato_toys. Nothing really new, actually.

post-12283-0-47421300-1305241534_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-79336400-1305241608_thumb.jpg

Are you sure? For some reasons I don't see the infamous gap in the chest now from this picture.... :lol:

Edited by Vi-RS

Are you sure? For some reasons I don't see the infamous gap in the chest now from this picture.... :lol:

It's still there a bit, but they finally folded the side panels into place like they're supposed to be, and it does a better job of covering that up.

Some extra pictures from AmiAmi Blog and yamato-toys@yamato_toys. Nothing really new, actually.

Heh, I like how the flash on the shield kinda makes it look like the Pinpoint Barrier effect B)) .

YES! Weaponized subwoofers ftw! :lol: If this is packaged with the soundbooster, I just might have to get it.

Heheh.. I'd probably be tempted to slap Bose or Klipsch or some other brand of audio equipment stickers on the thing though.

They should make it a MP3 player preloaded with all the songs from M7. IMO it would be a boring piece of plastic if it didn't.

wtf? why is the Kai so much shorter than the YF-19 in b-mode?

so, if we do get a v2 YF-19, it's gonna be that short? :huh:

Actually, I hope so; the YF-19 is way too tall IMO. It’s kind of amazing considering it’s about the same length in fighter mode.

Amazing stuff, but I feel like an idiot - I actually prefer that YF-19 in all three modes...

that's coz you prefer the real Variable Fighter between the two. :p

i wanna see a comparison pic in b-mode between the Kai and the VF-11C. the 11C is supposed to be around 2.5m shorter according to M3 site.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Amazing stuff, but I feel like an idiot - I actually prefer that YF-19 in all three modes...

Well, why not? The YF-19 is fine, but it looks like the Kai is much better toy, I mean, it looks like Yamato’s addressed all the problems the YF-19 had that everybody complained about.

I particularly like the improvements they made to the gunpod placement in fighter mode. In the YF-19, the gunpod was so high up that it can't possibly fire because the crotch piece in battroid gets in the way.

I've never been a fan of M7 or the Fire Kai, but this looks to be one good-looking toy.

that's coz you prefer the real Variable Fighter between the two. :p

i wanna see a comparison pic in b-mode between the Kai and the VF-11C. the 11C is supposed to be around 2.5m shorter according to M3 site.

Haha that may just be it. Don't get me wrong, the kai is the better toy in all respects but I prefer the YF-19 design.

Amazing. The sticker sheet is incredible with all the customizing options they're throwing at you. They have the NUNS and Fire Bomber lettering, too, which means they expect you to do them up like the schemes in the VF-19 Master File. Even if you hate the design, you can't help but feel the love Yamato is pouring out here. B))

Amazing. The sticker sheet is incredible with all the customizing options they're throwing at you. They have the NUNS and Fire Bomber lettering, too, which means they expect you to do them up like the schemes in the VF-19 Master File. Even if you hate the design, you can't help but feel the love Yamato is pouring out here. B))

This.

Well said. This time I am buying for a Yamato toy, not a valk.

Too I like the YF-19 design better. But I believe VF-19Kai would be a better toy hands down.

Yeah, and it's gonna be even weirder if the VF-11 looks lankier than the Kai. But, what the hell. The YF-19 always looked terrible to me in Battroid.

but the VF-11 should be lankier

vf-11c-battroid_small.gifvf-19custom-battroid_small.gif

Slimmer, sure, but I thought the VF-11 was supposed to be shorter? Hmm. Well, I don't know.

With the VF-17 coming, it's real exciting to finally get all the main M7 valks together. I remember looking on the side of the 1/144 model kits and seeing all these new valks, it was amazing. Now FINALLY they are becoming a perfect transformation reality. B))

EDIT -- Yeah, according to the pic m0n5t3r posted, it IS supposed to be smaller.

EDIT 2 --By "The YF-19 always looked terrible to me in Battroid," I am actually referring to the Yamato 1/60 toy, not the actual design itself. Sorry if this caused confusion.

Edited by Renato

here's the size chart from M3

sizechart-battroids-detailed3000.jpg

makes me wonder which 1/60 Yamato valk they'll use for reference for the VF-17's height in battroid.

Damn, Gotta catch'em all!!!

So Mylene's Vf-11 is even smaller that the regular VF-11?

The shoulder hinges look die-cast. B))

Yes, indeed. That’s probably the unexpected die-cast Graham mentioned.

And regarding toy sizes, to be line art consistent they should measure (in battroid mode):

- VF-11C = 12.92m = 21.53cm

- VF-11MAXL = 11.24m = 18.75cm

- YF-19 = 15.48m (without cannon) = 25.80cm

- VF-19KAI = 15.48m (without sensor fin) = 25.80cm

- VF-22 = 15.50m = 25.80cm

- VF-17 = 15.18m (top of head) = 25.30cm

Thank you Macross Mecha Manual.

Edited by Reïvaj