Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I can’t see any reason for such a step backwards in anime accuracy. Yamato’s always designed their VFs with removable intake covers so it’s technically speaking not a challenge for them.

Here you are a few sample snapshots of the VF-19Kai with open intakes:

post-12283-0-73427700-1301821568_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-07728400-1301821586_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-03476400-1301821604_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-49142900-1301821621_thumb.jpg

I can't see any reason for such a step backwards in anime accuracy. Yamato's always designed their VFs with removable intake covers so it's technically speaking not a challenge for them.

Here you are a few sample snapshots of the VF-19Kai with open intakes:

Thanks for the pics, I for some reason just did not remember them open :p

I think you are right, normally they are about being anime accurate.

Like I said before though I was only speculating from the pics that were on the photo zoomer, maybe they will change it.(if they are not removable)

It would seem strange though for them to add all the other gimmicks like the hatch for batteroid and the leg missiles, then forget about the intake covers. :wacko:

Word on the street is: no bells and whistles for the sound booster to be sold separately but Yamato thinks it's a pretty big step forward from Bandai's offering (at twice the size, one would hope).

Love it! The color looks darker than I expected but it's a beauty and the poseability at the ankles seems greatly improved over the YF-19.

I can see why people are being picky on the intakes and neck covers but without a doubt it's the ultimate firevalkyrie toy!

Ughhh...I don't even like Basara, but this thing looks so good I had to preorder one. Plus I just ordered a VF-11C, and with the 3 VF-22Ss I got during HLJ's recent Yamato sale, that covers all the M7 Valks thus far.

I know I'm not the only one, but I seriously can't want to see the upcoming Blazer.

Ughhh...I don't even like Basara, but this thing looks so good I had to preorder one. Plus I just ordered a VF-11C, and with the 3 VF-22Ss I got during HLJ's recent Yamato sale, that covers all the M7 Valks thus far.

I know I'm not the only one, but I seriously can't want to see the upcoming Blazer.

Now the blazer valkyrie I may preorder right off the bat, always had a thing for that design.

Yeah the 19F would look really nice next to the Max 22S I just got. Personally though, I really want a recolored Kai as a 19E, I really love the Kai's/E's design. Even as much as I love these designs....these prices are getting a little out of control and may not ever be able to get these. Hell the 11C is STILL ridiculously high and hasn't been on one of HLJ's great sales...so I'm worried the 19's won't be either.

Chris

I know I'm not the only one, but I seriously can't wait to see the upcoming Blazer.

you are not.^^

I hope Yamato makes a VF-19F, I like the color scheme better than the 19S. Plus fighter mode isn't so busy with five lasers pointing out of the middle. :blink:

i beg to differ, the more (lasers) the merrier.^^

I'm more of a YF-19/VF-19A fan so I'm not all that familiar with the details of the Kai, but is the neck supposed to be exposed like that in fighter mode? From what I remember of Mac7, I always thought that this area was flush with the top of the chest. I remember the Yamato Kai prototype being like that too.. Is there a cover piece that they forgot to put on for those HLJ pics? :huh:

edit: here's a comparison

Yamato-Macross-7-VF-19-Kai-Fire-Valkyrie-Fighter-Prototype-01_1280297896.jpg

ymt00214_1.jpg

Edited by Hiryu

I'm more of a YF-19/VF-19A fan so I'm not all that familiar with the details of the Kai, but is the neck supposed to be exposed like that in fighter mode? From what I remember of Mac7, I always thought that this area was flush with the top of the chest. I remember the Yamato Kai prototype being like that too.. Is there a cover piece that they forgot to put on for those HLJ pics? :huh:

Yes, there is a cover piece for the neck and two little extra pieces for the legs (don't panic, no biggies)

All extra parts provided:

2X Cover parts for the back of the legs

1X Cover part for the neck in figther mode

1X Faceplate without a mouth

1X Anime acccurate shield for battroid mode

Reference Image

iznx2v.jpg

Edited by charger69

I hope Yamato makes a VF-19F, I like the color scheme better than the 19S. Plus fighter mode isn't so busy with five lasers pointing out of the middle. :blink:

Picture courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual

Seconded, on both points.

Looks nice. The gap under the shoulder pad keeps catching my eye. Other than that, and the gap in the neck in that HLJ pic, she looks seamless. I'd love to see it in the blue w/ white stripes deco.

Seconded, on both points.

Looks nice. The gap under the shoulder pad keeps catching my eye. Other than that, and the gap in the neck in that HLJ pic, she looks seamless. I'd love to see it in the blue w/ white stripes deco.

What gap are you refering to? There is a black stripe between the upper yellow section and the lower red section, that is still visible in fighter mode.....but no gaps that I can see.

Chris

Would it be cheaper for yamato to remold the Kai into the p minus the sound fins or the s. I would like to see a unpainted p for customizers and maybe they could have a f type head to swap out for those that don't like th

e p's head

Uhhh...I preordered mine from HLJ too, but isn't it cheaper at Ami Ami?

Someone mentioned that it cost 275.00 on Ami Ami compared to 235.00 plus shipping, they could be wrong. ^_^

What gap are you refering to? There is a black stripe between the upper yellow section and the lower red section, that is still visible in fighter mode.....but no gaps that I can see.

Chris

I think b/c the lower section of the shoulder pod is darker than the overall valk, and that the back of the leg doesn't quite fit the contour of the lower shoulder pod, and just falls short of touching the plates that cover the gap forward of the shield, it presents, to me, the appearance of a small gap. It's a very, very minor nitpick. Too, it may just be the lighting in that particular pic. Still, Yamato have done an amazing job, and I'm not at all thrown by the addition of extras to fill in the legs and such. For the price of this beauty, I'm glad they offer them. However, I'm a fan of neither red nor yellow, and so will hold out for a nice blue and white deco, and hope I have the funds when Yamato eventually releases it.

Yeah me either, I came close to pro-ordering anyway....thinking about trying a repaint since there is no guarantee the will make a repaint of the Kai. Plus Red stands out like a M********KER and would be difficult to cover up from all angles on the 19 series.

Chris

Knowing the popularity of M7 in Japan, I hope I don't regret not preordering this.

If this ends up like the SDF-1 where it's sold out everywhere it's gonna suck.

Would it be cheaper for yamato to remold the Kai into the p minus the sound fins or the s. I would like to see a unpainted p for customizers and maybe they could have a f type head to swap out for those that don't like th

e p's head

Cheaper to retool the Kai. Just needs a retooled head or an all new one, and the gunpod from the F/S. Always liked the P, looked unique.

if i knew that YAMATO was going to make a YF-19 variant on this mold,

i MIGHT consider waiting for one.

still, i am HIGHLY predisposed towards going with a YF-19 DN,

as it's design looks "good enough" to me,

and it's ONE HELL of a lot cheaper than the "McDonalds Valkyrie" here,

and most likely to remain as such against any future variants

that this new 19 might spawn.

furthermore, i am QUITE unhappy about the PARTS-FORMING

involving the FIGHTER-MODE neck shield.

come on, YAMATO!! that's a BANDAI stunt! you guys're ABOVE that crap!!

the YF-19 1/60v.1 manages an integrated neck shield, why cant Ronald McValkyrie here?!?

YAMATO's sole compromise in their PERFECT TRANSFORMATION ideal

has been thus far tightly limited to their Valks' INTAKE covers.

THAT i can understand.

THIS however? Nah, no way. No Comprende, guys.

we've been spending the last ten years taking transforming MECHA toy design

places no one dared even DREAM of a short decade ago,

and suddenly we encounter a backwards step like this?

cummon, guys!! not even the BIG MAC of MACROSS deserves this!! :(

Edited by Shaorin

if i knew that YAMATO was going to make a YF-19 variant on this mold,

i MIGHT consider waiting for one.

still, i am HIGHLY predisposed towards going with a YF-19 DN,

as it's design looks "good enough" to me,

and it's ONE HELL of a lot cheaper than the "McDonalds Valkyrie" here,

and most likely to remain as such against any future variants

that this new 19 might spawn...

the yf-19 is completely different. The hands, the upper arms, those might be common between the two designs, but other than that, ever single part will need to be completely redesigned, not just "retooled" with some new details.

come on, YAMATO!! that's a BANDAI stunt! you guys're ABOVE that crap!!

the YF-19 1/60v.1 manages an integrated neck shield, why cant Ronald McValkyrie here?!?

"Integrated neck shield"? Where? The YF-19 has a neck gap in fighter mode that is not covered. It looks the same on the Kai if you do not use the cover, which they include. The YF-19 does not include a cover, therefore, I find that the Kai is better in this respect.

"Integrated neck shield"? Where? The YF-19 has a neck gap in fighter mode that is not covered. It looks the same on the Kai if you do not use the cover, which they include. The YF-19 does not include a cover, therefore, I find that the Kai is better in this respect.

No, he is right, there is a neck shield. Press the antenna/ head laser back and it pops out enough for you to use a fingernail to pull it out the rest of the way. Doesn't completely cover everything up, but is does make it look a bit more sleek in fighter mode. Other then the gullet in fighter mode and it being a touch fiddly, I am a big fan of the current design...With that being said I pre-ordered the Kai :D

It don't agree that the new one is a parts former though. None of the extra parts are necessary for transformation, just optional if you want to use them.

By that logic a VF-1 2.0 is a parts former because it comes with optional anime hands

I like the extras personally, if you don't like them you don't have to use them.