Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Combined with the standard requests of a lower nose and reduced gullet ... yeah. :) Remember, lowered nose is really the more important part.. whether the gullet gets cut or not, the nose tip needs to be lowered so it's nearly level with the center of the feet, like the bottom in this comparison.

I wonder if let the nose angle stays the same, but raise the center of the feet higher would do.

Not a big fan or the VF-19, I still wish the Bandai version do well, so they will release a more playable YF-19.

This is jumping the gun just a little, but I would LOVE to see Yamato eventually release an unpainted, white fire-valk ala the recent white VF1.

There's nothing more Rock and Roll than custom paint jobs.

Hell, i'd love to see repaints using all those unused alternate colour schemes that were proposed.

Edited by Alex

The concepts were SO fugly. It's amazing to realize that what we got in the end was actually the most "tame", least-garish of all the paint schemes proposed.

You know, I think I've seen some concept art of Ray's VF-17 too, but never Mylene's. Has there ever been concept art/proposals for Mylene's? Or was "pink VF-11 with boobs" the first idea and they went it it?

Back in the mid-to-late 90s, I did spend way too much time pouring over every piece of Mac Plus and Mac 7 mecha lineart available and also spent hours freeze-framing my M7 & M+ VHS tapes to study mecha details.....LOL! That and the fact that I've owned most of the available YF-19 and VF-19 toys and models over the years.

I must admit I do tend to be a little short on patience, when people say the YF-19 and VF-19 are the same or nearly the same.

Graham

....sorry? I didnt mean too.... I just didnt know.

Hey all new plane, woo.... :D

Back in the mid-to-late 90s, I did spend way too much time pouring over every piece of Mac Plus and Mac 7 mecha lineart available and also spent hours freeze-framing my M7 & M+ VHS tapes to study mecha details.....LOL! That and the fact that I've owned most of the available YF-19 and VF-19 toys and models over the years.

I must admit I do tend to be a little short on patience, when people say the YF-19 and VF-19 are the same or nearly the same.

Graham

For the wean. :lol:

http://www.macross.co.uk/77077/Macross7/vf19history.txt

Graham should get an honorable PhD from Macross Uni.

The concepts were SO fugly. It's amazing to realize that what we got in the end was actually the most "tame", least-garish of all the paint schemes proposed.

You know, I think I've seen some concept art of Ray's VF-17 too, but never Mylene's. Has there ever been concept art/proposals for Mylene's? Or was "pink VF-11 with boobs" the first idea and they went it it?

No kidding. One of the earliest concepts of Basara's ride was actually a customized VF-11 that looked like it belonged in KISS.

For the MAXL, the Design Works book shows some early designs that don't resemble a VF-11 in the slightest. And one of the early battroid designs makes it look more like a fairy along with hair on the head. The valk with boobs concept wasn't in the earliest sketches for the MAXL.

Their fugliness was, in a twisted way, the thing I liked most about those designs. ^_^

All I need to know is how much, and when! Also, when will Sound Boosters with USB & earphone doc's be released for to blast music out of while on dipslay!!

Edited by Keith

I like the idea of LEDs in the shoulder speakers. Cell phones have some tiny high quality speakers these days. Nokia N95 still has some of the speak stereo speakers around. Should be able to fit them in the shoulders. :D Any sort of plug jack or whatever needs to get hidden or covered up.

Itwould be nice, but if having these gimmicks means higher costs, I would rather not have them.... because they simply add to the cost while not having good functionality (Speakers NEED to be bigger to sound better).

Speaking of which.... MSRP better be more consumer friendly since the 19 is probably a more popular walk (at least where mainstream/casual fans and not hardcore fans are concerned) than the 21/22 and has more variants to milk from.

Realistically, I imagine it's more likely on the Sound Booster than the main valk itself (even though it probably only needs a single thing cable going to each speaker).

That's a tough one, do you really think the Kai would be more mainstream than the YF-19?

Between all the variants of the YF/VF-19, think its a pretty tough call.... but I think at least in Japan, 1 whole generation of kids grew up in the mid 90s watching Macross 7. And if all spin-offs were testament to Macross 7's popularity, it should be pretty darn popular, judging by the amount of spinn-off material. Thus it might be entirely possible that within Japan, the Kai is more popular than than the other variants of the 19, even the YF-19/VF-19A

Well, the VF-19A and the subsequential variants are very different from each other, but I do consider that rather than reussing the YF-19´s initial sculpt, This can actually be used as the base for re-sculping the new one, they are different, but is the same Mech, and if you se them u can se that they belong to the same line of fighters.

Its true that there is not any piece you can use, but all they have to do is alterate those pieces.

I think that the fact of Macross seven lasting longer and with more available merchandise makes the 19 Kai way more aknowledge so its popularity might grow.

But when it comes to me 19 series is my favorite, and with in all of those mechs YF-19 is the one I love the most, not just for it´s beauty. but because of all it envolves, every one rememmber the first line in the credits in M+ right "Dedicated to all pioneers". B))

I'm all for higher production run & lower cost's, especially since the 19 Kai is my alltime favorite. Speaking of which, Graham, what are the chances of it having a custom Basara pilot mini-figure with guitar control stick? it doesn't have to come out, and if it meant higher detail, I wouldn't mind it being a permanent fixture at all. Hell, if it came with a little Sivil figure as a bonus, all the better!

Keith posting in the toys forum more than once every couple years? This truly is a paramount day!

Edited by Keith

I didn't think about that. I'd love to see a line of mini-figures to go with ground crews. Sivil and Glavil perhaps with glowing orbs around them. Guess Grabil would be way too big even for Vinyl....

If they can keep it below $200 US (preferably $150US but who are kidding?!?!?) and it's of the same quality we have seen with the VF-22/VF-11s, I will pick one up.

Edited by logos

*Yawn*

Someone wake me up with they come out with the VF-19F/S in non cannon color/real world low vis schemes...zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

Yamato should be able to do that now with a non-canon VF-19A (which would make more sense in low-viz). And let it take NATO/JASDF weapons (slight retool on wings).

It's much easier than that, just make it out of a paper towel roll. :p

That's actually one accessory that would be pretty easy to make yourself.. it's just a big tube... well, kinda.

Betcha it makes all the fold boosters jealous though. :lol:

How about an inflatable one? Just add air!

Yamato should be able to do that now with a non-canon VF-19A (which would make more sense in low-viz). And let it take NATO/JASDF weapons (slight retool on wings).

While that would be cool, it would make more sense for them to do the NATO/JASDF weapons with the VF-0's and VF-1's since those weapons were still being used around the 2008-2012 time frame.

-Kyp

If they had an mp3 version of this toy, I think I'd load vocal Basara tracks and the entire Fire Bomber library, as I think everyone else would. This thing would also be around $300, but damn, a transformable MP3 player that's all Macross.