Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

5) The wings in battroid mode should angle out slightly away from the body, not simply straight back like the 1/65 and 1/100 toys, or the Yamato Yf-19. It should be more like the 1/100 kit or the GNU YF-19. Of course, those were on ball-joints, meaning they may get loose over time... Still, if they are easily disassembled (UNLIKE the YF-19 ones), then they can be touched up every so often. My Koenig Monster is still extremely poseable thanks to this.

Ratchets, if used in that area, and on the joint connecting the LERX's/wings to the legs, could help IMMENSELY in eliminating looseness.

i forgot about the mouthpiece, I dont even remember it in the show, just the opening. I think Id leave it open anyway.

Also it can reuse most parts with the 19 thats out now cant it? New legs, shoulders, wings, head and part of the cockpit? Say... 40%ish new?

Graham has said before that it can't. Most of it has to be new, the only things I can see reused are the canards possibly. I don't think the canopy opens the same was as the 19, hell I don't even think that the canopy on the Fire Valk opens the same way as the 19F/S! The only thing the Fire Valkyrie shares with the YF-19 is just the overall silhouette, but even then, the Fire Valk comes off as chunkier in fighter mode, and more rounded. I liken it to how the production F-22A Raptor looks significantly different than the YF-22 prototype.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

LoL I cant seem to find my wallet, I guess its hidding from me haha

Damn I hope I can get this and a blazer Valkyrie! to bad it took so long, at least if I get them before 2012 we can die together in the Y2K alien-biblical-aztec-nuclear holocaust- apocalipse lol

yamato is gonna destroy my economical well being!! :lol:

Heh.. yeah, I forgot about the MAXL's shoulder magic. Too bad, I love delta designs. :(

Oh well, it's true there's really no canon milking potential for that plane. Sure, you could make all manner of repaints, but unless you could come up with some way to make parts of Mylene's MAXL and a standard VF-11 interchangeable, there'd be no reason to make a non-pink MAXL.

My original thought was that the Sound Force VF-17(T?) would be close enough to the other VF-17's that you could make it without too many changes, but then again.. the cockpit and head were very different, and I don't think it'd be as simple as a VF-11D Jamming Bird mod.

Either way, it's very good to know those issues have been brought up about this one, and looked at.

Agree on the locking chest area in gerwalk, you need something to hold the thing together.

Also, hopefully they'll improve the attachment point for the hips to the fuselage.. the YF-19's just doesn't stay together. If they use the version of the mechanism from the Bandai it'd work well I think, even if it is a blatant copy.

I'm kinda meh about the changing faceplate.. it'd be nice, but not if it's too complicated. One way you could do it.. have a reversible faceplate, similar to Masterpiece Starscream.. just have the top of the head pop off like the YF-19, and the faceplate lift out and turn around for the closed mouth.

Shoulder speakers would be nice, but not essential I think.. it'll be hard enough cramming stuff in those shoulders as it is.. and I want these shoulders to be STURDY, ratcheted if possble. The limp shoulders on my YF-19 are pretty sad.

Combined with the standard requests of a lower nose and reduced gullet ... yeah. :) Remember, lowered nose is really the more important part.. whether the gullet gets cut or not, the nose tip needs to be lowered so it's nearly level with the center of the feet, like the bottom in this comparison.

yf-19mod4.jpg

For that drawing the only changes are a slightly altered Z-fold line/angle and a slightly smaller flap on the underside of the nose. The landing gear, gullet, and forward nose aren't really changed at all, but angling the forward nose down makes a world of difference. If Yamato can do even this much to improve the VF-19, I'll be thrilled. :D

Edited by Chronocidal

Also it can reuse most parts with the 19 thats out now cant it? New legs, shoulders, wings, head and part of the cockpit? Say... 40%ish new?

Nope, the VF-19, shares almost no commonality of parts with the YF-19. Possibly the hands, biceps and canards are the same, but that's all. It is like 98% all new parts.

Graham

Back in the mid-to-late 90s, I did spend way too much time pouring over every piece of Mac Plus and Mac 7 mecha lineart available and also spent hours freeze-framing my M7 & M+ VHS tapes to study mecha details.....LOL! That and the fact that I've owned most of the available YF-19 and VF-19 toys and models over the years.

I must admit I do tend to be a little short on patience, when people say the YF-19 and VF-19 are the same or nearly the same.

Graham

I've already informed Yamato that a locking chest is the number one request among our members, followed by smaller gulllet, lower nose, opening leg missile launchers and opening shoulder speakers. Anything else?

I'm afraid there is almost no chance of seeing a MAXL. There is 0% parts commonality between it and the VF-11B/C. Also, no mold-milking potential. And let's face it, it's probably one of the least popular Valks.

The VF-17D/S is an almost certainty after the VF-19.

Graham

Is it too late to ask for shoulder speakers with MP3 function? Imagine hearing Plant Dance over and over coming from the VF-19 in your display case :lol:

Who in their right mind would want ANOTHER VF-1 repaint? :rolleyes:

I! :p

Since I missed the 1/48 version...

Then again all my hopes were for the Vf-0D. But this as I said, will finally please hordes of Macrossnatics.

Is it too late to ask for shoulder speakers with MP3 function? Imagine hearing Plant Dance over and over coming from the VF-19 in your display case :lol:

This is why I wish there were more third party makers of Macross stuff. Transformers gets all the love in that department.

Myself and another board member have been trying to realise this dream for the last two years but never quite get it off the drawing board.

Speaking of my hopes for 1/60...gold paint for the shoulder-pads and bell-bottoms. The yellow on the Bandai just bugs me.

Please, no elbow joints with umpteen pieces. The YF neede them because of the way the shoulder armour is made. The VF does not need such an elaborate system (just like the VF100)

I say with tremendous pride that the old Bandai VF-19 Kai is the first Valkyrie fighter I've ever owned, and I got it from Graham, no less. I couldn't be any happier about this news. This is a must-have for me. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Other members have made very good recommendations for necessary features but I just want to reinforce RACHETS. My friend's YF-19 is pretty floppy and even though I know this will be essentially an entirely new mold I have my reservations.

Kudos to Yamato for moving forward with this as the M7 designs are arguably my favourite designs in Macross and I've been waiting for something like this since the 90s. Maybe Basara has finally gotten his Spiral Answer?

You know I really can't stress enough how important it is that this valk have an mp3 player built in. Maybe in the sound booster? I'd settle for an audio in jack. The point is this thing needs to be able to rock somehow.

A 1/60 flowergirl wouldn't hurt either.

An audio jack would be kind of cool. Yamato could throw in the Mac7 soundtrack and people could connect it to the VF-19 and play Basara's "Listen To My Song!" all day long. ^_^

You know I really can't stress enough how important it is that this valk have an mp3 player built in. Maybe in the sound booster? I'd settle for an audio in jack. The point is this thing needs to be able to rock somehow.

A 1/60 flowergirl wouldn't hurt either.

Working speaker shoulders with LED lightshow! :ph34r:

Actually, I don't understand why so many don't get it. Even a cursory inspection of the lineart shows the complete difference between the two.

I get it, I just don't think it's necessary, given how much the YF-19 toys differs from the YF-19 Lineart (and I don't say that to be critical of the 1/60 YF-19! outside of the no locking chest and slight disatisfaction with the specifics of the gunpod storage in fighter, it's still one of my favorite valks ever), MOST of the visible difference is the head, shoulders, and legs. Yeah, arm differences and such details do matter but would be about an equivalent stretch from art to toy on YF-19 IMO. Certainly acceptible if it could keep their R&D and tooling costs down enough that they could pass that on.

Too sweet. This is definitely on my pick-up list.

To add another vote, I think a sound booster with speakers and a line-in jack would be seriously cool too. I can't even imagine trying to fit speakers into the shoulders of a transforming toy :blink: , but the sound booster is a decent size for a couple of small speakers. We shouldn't expect spectacular range or anything, but it would be a nifty gimmick. Probably want external power rather than batteries to reduce weight and having to fit a battery compartment into the boosters.

Combined with the standard requests of a lower nose and reduced gullet ... yeah. :) Remember, lowered nose is really the more important part.. whether the gullet gets cut or not, the nose tip needs to be lowered so it's nearly level with the center of the feet, like the bottom in this comparison.

yf-19mod4.jpg

For that drawing the only changes are a slightly altered Z-fold line/angle and a slightly smaller flap on the underside of the nose. The landing gear, gullet, and forward nose aren't really changed at all, but angling the forward nose down makes a world of difference. If Yamato can do even this much to improve the VF-19, I'll be thrilled. :D

Totally agree with Chronocidal. You should use his CAD picture to illustrate the difference to Yamato. That Really looks SOOOOO much better to me.

Also like what he and David have said separate the intakes from the hip LERX.

Any chance they'll do a version 2 1/60 YF-19 with any of the inevitable design changes?

Chris

I get it, I just don't think it's necessary, given how much the YF-19 toys differs from the YF-19 Lineart (and I don't say that to be critical of the 1/60 YF-19! outside of the no locking chest and slight disatisfaction with the specifics of the gunpod storage in fighter, it's still one of my favorite valks ever), MOST of the visible difference is the head, shoulders, and legs. Yeah, arm differences and such details do matter but would be about an equivalent stretch from art to toy on YF-19 IMO. Certainly acceptible if it could keep their R&D and tooling costs down enough that they could pass that on.

With how the -19 fits together, how could you possibly change the legs, shoulders, head, and shield and not have to change everything else to make the transformation still work? It SHOULD have everything changed simply to look right, and only changing the most obvious of things means the unchanged parts no longer fit---so you have to change them anyways. A YF-19/Kai hybrid would look even further from the lineart than the YF-19 does. And in the face of Bandai's hi-metal version, it'd be hideous by comparison.

With how the -19 fits together, how could you possibly change the legs, shoulders, head, and shield and not have to change everything else to make the transformation still work? It SHOULD have everything changed simply to look right, and only changing the most obvious of things means the unchanged parts no longer fit---so you have to change them anyways. A YF-19/Kai hybrid would look even further from the lineart than the YF-19 does. And in the face of Bandai's hi-metal version, it'd be hideous by comparison.

I don't think we'd end up that far from where we'll be anyway. Maybe in a slightly different 'direction,' if you will. The transformation would near exact like it already is. Samurai Shoulders extend farther out and instead of having the vernier/thruster opening on the top, it clips/plug into the back of the legs (like the FP pieces do now, just permanently attached at the end where it meets the shoulder with the appropriate flare to get that "samurai" look), which are generally shaped like the YF-19 leg with the conformal FAST Pack permanently attached with the appropriate sculpting detail (the "cuffs"). The rest is relatively minor retooling on specific parts with new design for specifics like the head, etc. Sure, most of us would notice the forearms and hips, etc should be different, but we've already got issues with those as it is. Some of the detail, we're surely going to miss. Is it really possible to get better perfect transformation hands or we gonna end up with chicken hands again, anyway?

But sounds like it's mostly moot point anyway, right? Unless they're not done designing yet? I'd imagine they already got the design now