UN Spacy

Lots of remold and repaint potential.

VF-19 Kai

VF-19F

VF-19S

VF-19S in test flight colors

VF-19P

VF-19P covered with whale blood.

And since Graham mentioned two new molds im betting my hard earned money the other is the 17.

So with luck we might get Both Diamond and Emerald force by the end of the year/early next year...sweet B))

Lots of remold and repaint potential.

VF-19 Kai

VF-19F

VF-19S

VF-19S in test flight colors

VF-19P

VF-19P covered with whale blood.

And since Graham mentioned two new molds im betting my hard earned money the other is the 17.

So with luck we might get Both Diamond and Emerald force by the end of the year/early next year...sweet B))

So far Yamato has been milking their molds (VF-1, VF-11 & VF-22) for all the different color schemes they can produce! With a new VF-19 mold, they'll have fun doing different paint schemes. B))

Anyone think the new Fire Valk will have the hips separated from the LERX that David mentioned was only on the SHE and VF HI METAL Fire Valk?

I think it will. Japanese companies tend to work close together. Not to mention that Kawamori was/would be involved in any new Valkyrie toy.

Very cool! I too am hoping for some big changes in the design over the YF-19. I agree that droping the nose would help alot. Bandia's Hi Metal looks pretty darn good especially being at 1/100 scale. I just sold my yf-19.....it was the ugly duckling of my collection, so here's to hoping for some nice improvments on the design. :)

Chris

And my Hi-Metal arrived today :lol: Well,this one is still a year off.

One good thing: Bandai can shove their web exclusive sound booster now. Even if Yamato dicks us on the booster, the speaker shoulders wont be missing like on the Bandai.

Third take on the 19 after some recent masterpieces (11b, 21, v2.0); I'd hate to be in Yamato's shoes right now. The expectations for this bird are going to be veeeeery high on peoples minds.

Better have a chest that locks together.

Graham you should meet up with them to let them know we want a chest that doesnt flop around.

Good news, but who here is more a fan of the blazer valkyrie? I remember a long time ago wanting to get the bandai chunky munkey of that, and was sad that I could only find fire valk on ebay, otherwise I had to go get a bootleg.

hehe finally I can chuck those overpriced fat things in the trash can. :D

I will probably avoid fire valk and just get the variants that I like that have no customised bodies.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

so, still no love for the VF-17, huh?

I'd say it's only a matter of time. Granted, it's an entirely new plane, but Yamato does love to make complete sets of things, whether it's paintschemes, or groups of Valks from a certain show.

They've done the YF-19, now they're doing the VF-19, which has quite a bit of mold-milk potential, what with the various versions.

I think the biggest clue would be whether they decide to make Mylene's MAXL or not. The VF-11's already been done, and while the relationship between that and the MAXL is similar to the one between the YF-19 and VF-19 Kai in terms of shared parts, the dirty work of designing the transformation has been done (and done very well at that).

If they do wind up doing the MAXL, I'd think the VF-17 is almost a sure bet. Not necessarily because they can milk the mold so much as they might make the VF-17D variant, just so collectors can have a complete Sound Force set. That's not saying the other VF-17 variants wouldn't sell as well as a Roy/Veffidas valk (probably better, due to the Diamond Force paintschemes), but making a complete Sound Force might be a good motivation to get the VF-17 ball rolling.

Btw, when I mentioned including the booster packs as standard from the start, I was mainly referring to the other VF-19 variants, not so much the sound boosters. There's very little difference in terms of content between the VF-11 FAST packs and the later packs we see on Emerald Force (can't remember if there were separate atmospheric and space versions though).

The sound boosters on the other hand are more akin to things like the Ghost for the VF-0. They're much bigger, with quite a few gimmicks of their own. I could see those getting released separately, possibly with extras like a fold booster, or maybe the giant speaker missile they used in a couple episodes (forget the official name, but I like to call it the ICBS - inter-continental ballistic subwoofer :lol: Yes, I know, no continents in space).

The big questions now: how much does Graham know about this (that he can share), and when do we get to see some CAD? :D

Edited by Chronocidal

Chronocidal---those of us who have analyzed the MAXL carefully, know that it can't transform the same as the standard VF-11. Main issues are the shoulders, and "in fighter mode, the area right in front of the head". While the MAXL does do the Z-fold thing for the forward fuselage, it does not do it in the same way as the base VF-11. And the shoulders just simply appear out of anime-magic-aether-land.

The VF-11 and MAXL are far more different than YF-19 vs VF-19Kai etc. I don't think the MAXL could use a single piece that Yamato's already designed, asides from a few joints and maybe landing gear.

A new 1/60 VF-19 Fire valkyrie at last. I too hope this is a complete new mold. Can't recall it but didn't Graham mention there's gonna be 2 new molds for this year? If so, my guess the other likely one cud be a vF-17, since the theme looks to be more M7 this year. Rembr VF-11C will be out soon.

BOMBA!!! Awesome news. Let's see if this 1/60 1UPs bandai's 1/100 hi-metal and hopefully there's no problems with breakages and stuff.

And am very happy that this will also mean the VF-17 is a strong possibiliy in the near future. :)

I've already informed Yamato that a locking chest is the number one request among our members, followed by smaller gulllet, lower nose, opening leg missile launchers and opening shoulder speakers. Anything else?

I'm afraid there is almost no chance of seeing a MAXL. There is 0% parts commonality between it and the VF-11B/C. Also, no mold-milking potential. And let's face it, it's probably one of the least popular Valks.

The VF-17D/S is an almost certainty after the VF-19.

Graham

Well guess I was wrong. :o

I've already informed Yamato that a locking chest is the number one request among our members, followed by smaller gulllet, lower nose, opening leg missile launchers and opening shoulder speakers. Anything else?

Opening and closing face shield.

I'm afraid there is almost no chance of seeing a MAXL. There is 0% parts commonality between it and the VF-11B/C. Also, no mold-milking potential. And let's face it, it's probably one of the least popular Valks.

Eh? non-Sound Force MAXL, as well as repaints (low viz, stealth, Gray/orange Plus style, white M7 style, etc). Definitely probably not that popular, but given that it should be smaller, maybe cheaper, too.

Woohoo!

Graham

chest locking in battroid I can live without but a chest lock for GERWALK is a must. This mode is an absolute mess without a way to lock the chest and legs together.

This is awesome news, indeed. With this and Britai, 2010 is starting off just right.

Additionally, will the speaker booster come with this, or will that be one of those Tamashi exclusives that's like 90000 yen?

Edited by Jasonc

OK, here we go. B)) In no particular order:

1) Open and closed faced gimmick. This one is a no-brainer since Bandai did it, and it could be the equivalent of the "internal head workings" gimmick of the YF-19.

2) Opening rear hatch for battroid? Basara used it much more than the actual cockpit canopy for getting in and out.

3) Revoltech-style pin-point barrier blobs.

4) Opening integral speaker shoulders. No, not the sound boosters, the ones INSIDE the shoulders. If the mechanism turns out to be too complex or brittle, then part-swapping (separate open and closed shoulders) would be OK, as long as the parts pop on and off with no issues or breakage).

5) The wings in battroid mode should angle out slightly away from the body, not simply straight back like the 1/65 and 1/100 toys, or the Yamato Yf-19. It should be more like the 1/100 kit or the GNU YF-19. Of course, those were on ball-joints, meaning they may get loose over time... Still, if they are easily disassembled (UNLIKE the YF-19 ones), then they can be touched up every so often. My Koenig Monster is still extremely poseable thanks to this.

6) It should come with a tiny, standing Mylene figure in flight-suit with the Song Energy equipment on, which it can hold right in front of its face as it blows away Glavil with the power of BOMBAA.

B))

Graham

A very thorough inspection with rough handling early enough to correct things in production(if any) to determine the exact limits on sturdiness/durability to avoid anything reminiscent of the knurled pin shoulder hinge breakages on the V2 1/60 VF-1's with knurled pins, and missing parts on the VF-22 Max/Milia(like knee caps, though this hasn't happened to most buyers).

Ratcheting joints or detented joints were applicable would be great, like on the 1/60 VF-11B; less chance of looseness in the future, I prefer those joints over mere swivels. FAST packs for the VF-19F/S included instead of having to buy separately or order them online through Yamato's webshop. Same goes for the VF-17's. The sound booster for the Fire Valk I can understand being exclusive because the amount of plastic used is probably greater than the FAST packs for the VF-19F/S, and unlike the VF-19F/S FAST packs, doesn't warrant another version to be paired with(unless of course the VF-19P's used it, I am still in the beginning of Macross 7 so I wouldn't know yet).

i forgot about the mouthpiece, I dont even remember it in the show, just the opening. I think Id leave it open anyway.

Also it can reuse most parts with the 19 thats out now cant it? New legs, shoulders, wings, head and part of the cockpit? Say... 40%ish new?