Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

So, how long till someone starts the next official MW Upcoming Release Panic and Blatant Speculation ThreadTM? :lol:

Usually it takes at least a CAD drawing to start it off, but since we already have the YF-19, maybe this'll be kicked off earlier.. I mean, we probably don't even need pictures to start up the chants of "KILL THE GULLET!" :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Three words, Yamato, just three words.

Drop. The. Nose.

The YF-19 has its snoot so far up in the air, it ruins the sleekness of the design. You don't even have to fix the gullet (though slimming down it would be nice), just drop the nose till the tip is level with the engine centerline. It'll make a world of difference.

You think it's too much to hope they make some crazy new innovations on this design, and then use them to redo the YF-19? :unsure:

Either way, this is great news. The Hi-Metal is just way too small for me, and I've wanted a good Blazer for years. Let's just hope they follow the trend with the later Mac+ valks, and make the FAST packs standard from the get-go.

Edited by Chronocidal

Three words, Yamato, just three words.

Drop. The. Nose.

The YF-19 has its snoot so far up in the air, it ruins the sleekness of the design. You don't even have to fix the gullet (though slimming down it would be nice), just drop the nose till the tip is level with the engine centerline. It'll make a world of difference.

You think it's too much to hope they make some crazy new innovations on this design, and then use them to redo the YF-19? :unsure:

I kinda doubt it. Maybe a lock on the torso. Otherwise, I expect it to mostly be what the VF-19F/D/Kai did over the YF-19/A and that's make the FAST Packs integral (larger shoulders and legs). I know the rest is different... but so is the line art from the actual design we got (most noticeably in the gullet), but such is the way of anime magic. I'm stoked that we'll be getting them!

Either way, this is great news. The Hi-Metal is just way too small for me, and I've wanted a good Blazer for years. Let's just hope they follow the trend with the later Mac+ valks, and make the FAST packs standard from the get-go.

No way do I imagine the Sound Boosters will be standard, though it's possible there will be a bundle, higher priced SKU (like the YF-19FP). I don't really like the Sound Boosters as much myself, so will pass on them. The Kai means that the Blazer Valk is certain to follow.

I wonder if they'll do an accurate cockpit complete with guitar controller and Basara fig.

I'm thinking they'll put the guitar and shoulder harness / sound device on the figure sculpt. Not really enough room to do it as a separate piece in the cockpit.

HOLY @#%$ =O

*slams the cancel button on the HighMetal*

hope it comes bundled w/ the sound booster pack.

Seconded!

I can't wait for this and any highly likely VF-19 Emerald Force releases. :3

All what's missing now is a 1/60 VF-17!

There is only one word to express my feelings toward this: BOMBA!!!

Only 1 question: WHEN?

Think of it this way... if they do the Boobie Edition, they could do the 'regular' non-boobie VF-11MAXL, too.

Nah, I'll pass. I think that was one of the bigger problems with M7 for me. Too many damned Valkyrie variants. With all the other Macross series, you had individual paint variants of the same Valkyrie design but M7 became too much like Gundam with individual mecha designs for individual users. These are supposed to be military aircraft here not a freaking Scion XB.

And yes, I get "why" they were made but for me it never held water. All Basara ever did was manage to get the military guys killed. I'd call his program a failure. But the UNSpacy in their infinite wisdom decided to make a whole TEAM of ineffective boom box Valkyries so they could get an exponentially larger number of military pilots killed. :wacko:

Tempting but I am wait and see right now. Have to wait to see some actual photos of the toy before I make any real comments.

This is incredible news. So now what happens to Bandai? Anything they now produce will be made bigger and better by Yamato? Could this be the beginning of the end for the Hi-Metal series?

There's always room in the market for 2 different scale sizes. Bigger is not always better and priorities differ from one person to another.

I'd hate to see the Hi-Metal series or any other line end just because there'll be a Yamato version. Vice versa too.

Edited by Vifam7

Finally the cat is out of the bag.

Only 1 question: WHEN?

I was told possibly the end of 2010, but if we have learned anything from history expect delays.

And begs the question of if/when Mylene and Ray/Veffidas valks will be out.

I personally don`t think that day will come in this bad economy, or even a good economy.

I'm now cursing the High Metal version that's currently on its way to me. Too late to cancel now. Ah well.

Look on the bright side at least Yamato can`t beat the High Metal Fire Valk packaging art work.

Edited by Save

There's always room in the market for 2 different scale sizes. Bigger is not always better and priorities differ from one person to another.

I'd hate to see the Hi-Metal series or any other line end just because there'll be a Yamato version. Vice versa too.

Definitely, and I don't the trend in Japan to make higher end collectibles at smaller scales ending anytime soon. In fact, I see it flourishing further, the world wide economic situation has a bad effect on everyone and costs in China for labour have gone up rather than down. Before, smaller scale collectibles were for saving space but retaining a ton of detail at a smaller price; but now it's like smaller scales are used of out necessity.

I for one am HAPPY Yamato is making a Fire Valkyrie! It has been years since they worked on the original 1/60 YF-19, something tells me this Fire Valk will blow it out of the water; if anything we've learned that Yamato learns quick when it comes to engineering new designs. I can see 3 repaints for this with some retooling:

• VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie
  • VF-19F
  • VF-19P
Maybe have the VF-19P red stained Basara Valk, and VF19S in pale blue/red trim as online exclusives. It would be AWESOME if the Blazer and F Valkyries come with their FAST Packs during initial release because it's only what, 4 parts?

Also throw in the fact that the Hi-Metal is a 1/100 and this guy will be a 1/60. If it does come with a Sound Booster, the price might drive people to the Hi-Metal.

I for one am HAPPY Yamato is making a Fire Valkyrie! It has been years since they worked on the original 1/60 YF-19, something tells me this Fire Valk will blow it out of the water; if anything we've learned that Yamato learns quick when it comes to engineering new designs. I can see 3 repaints for this with some retooling:
  • VF-19S Blazer Valkyrie
  • VF-19F
  • VF-19P
Maybe have the VF-19P red stained Basara Valk, and VF19S in pale blue/red trim as online exclusives. It would be AWESOME if the Blazer and F Valkyries come with their FAST Packs during initial release because it's only what, 4 parts?

:) Remember kids, think mold milking.

Nah, I'll pass. I think that was one of the bigger problems with M7 for me. Too many damned Valkyrie variants. With all the other Macross series, you had individual paint variants of the same Valkyrie design but M7 became too much like Gundam with individual mecha designs for individual users. These are supposed to be military aircraft here not a freaking Scion XB.

Different missions call for specialization and different planes. The only part of M7 that deviated from real life military models is the "special forces" getting a unique planes and leader variants. Sound Force and their unique vehicles are obviously unique to the story, which is where most of ht evariants come from. I do think Max and Milia getting red or blue fighters is a bit silly (I could see them with unique tail / squadron assignments or what not), but can chalk that off to creative license.

VF-11MAXL is obviously, like many Kawamori designs, derived from real life variants, in this case the F-16XL. Most likely it's development was Shinsei's answer to the General Galaxy VF-17 in competition for the special forces role (Much like F-16XL was General Dynamics competing against McDonnell Douglas F-15E to replace the F-111). I'd loooove a realistic 'boobless' version.

And yes, I get "why" they were made but for me it never held water. All Basara ever did was manage to get the military guys killed. I'd call his program a failure. But the UNSpacy in their infinite wisdom decided to make a whole TEAM of ineffective boom box Valkyries so they could get an exponentially larger number of military pilots killed. :wacko:

Without Basara, the Protodevlin win, well kinda. Max and Milia still drop nukes in Geperenich and cause him to turn into a spiritia black hole and everyone loses. That was the point of M7. Thousands of VF-11C weren't going to be enough. Elite VF-17's weren't enough. Upgrading to VF-19 or VF-22 weren't enough. Reaction weapons weren't enough. Battle 7 wasn't enough. Conventional warfare with weapons and elite pilots were doomed to failure, even against the Protodevlin's conventional forces, much less the Evil series themselves, who were said to wipe out entire Zentraedi fleets by themselves.

But yeah, hope to get a pre-whale blood VF-19P out of this. I like that one even more than the Sound Force Kai. Argh, my wife is gonna kill me cause I'll most likely want a complete Emerald Force (2x VF-19F and 1x VF-19S). :ph34r::lol:

The Bandai Kai is nice enough, I don't regret ordering it. Especially if the Yamato 1/60 is a year off... And hopefully we will see many other releases from the 100 line where as I bet we won't from Yamato.

I often display my 1/60 valks in fighter mode with a smaller battroid mode (GN-U Dou usually) so it doesn't worry me.

Hmm... could the VF-11B be retooled into a VF-11 MAXL easily?

I still like 1/100 for a smaller, more affordable and easily displayed scale. I'm still reeling at the thought of 4 or 5 more $200+ VF19. :lol: Maybe 1/100 would suit me better.

No....please spare me the VF-11 boobie edition.

See, that's the one I want most of all. I'd sell off all my other VF-1's to buy it if I had too. There's just little chance of anyone ever making it. (if anyone does, it'll be a hi-metal from Bandai)

And Tober---there's VERY few parts the VF-11 and Mylene's share. It's more different than the VF-0A and VF-0D.

See, that's the one I want most of all. I'd sell off all my other VF-1's to buy it if I had too. There's just little chance of anyone ever making it. (if anyone does, it'll be a hi-metal from Bandai)

And Tober---there's VERY few parts the VF-11 and Mylene's share. It's more different than the VF-0A and VF-0D.

Thanks. That's what I figured after reading about all the differences between the YF-19 and the VF-19 :(

I'd really like one as well, VF-0D too.