MW Bay Area Meet Winter 2011

• 6 months later...

It's been seven months, and even MacrossWorldCon is behind us. Anyone interested in perhaps a fourth gathering us Norcal-ers left out of the festivities? I'm thinking with the recent subbing of The False Diva, perhaps a group viewing could be arranged. Something in that nature.

Who wants to set the next meet up? :lol:

After back to back Macross related trips to SoCal I'm kinda out of it.

But I think it's about time we had another get together (after the New Years).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I stumbled upon this thread doing a search for Sacramento. I've got a big house and a 65" plasma but I doubt anyone wants to come up here. I'm East of Sacramento on the way to South Lake Tahoe though.

I have not yet seen False Diva and would like to see it but have no real intention of downloading it. Maybe I could get the conference room at a corporate office so we can project it from someone's laptop?

EDIT - my corporate office is located next to SFO... which may prove to be the most inconvenient location since it would be in between everyone.

Edited by jenius

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has been pinned? I'll take it!

Alright folks. It's about time we get another meet going on.

How about we shoot for late February or early March?

Hey Mar,

sorry I've missed all the meets so far. Would definitely like to make this one. I think another MW member (vf2ss) would like to attend.

--Angel(sidearmsalpha)

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, anyone seeing the Evangelion movie at New People the week it's playing? It starts the 21st and runs to the 27th. I'll be out of town to Nevada with friends the 23rd to the 25th, so I'm thinking about seeing if a friend can take me on Thursday (assuming he'd rather wait until after said trip) or Saturday. Maybe we can do a mini-meetup then?

http://www.newpeopleworld.com/films/films-1-2011/

http://www.funimation.com/evangelion/

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Hey guys, things aren't looking so hot for my attending or having a room to use. My company is looking at a debt offering and spinning an IPO for a brand new entity at the same time working through our annual audit. This makes for lots of long nights and weekends worked for me (I'm at the office now about to hit my 70th hour worked this week with no end in sight).

EDIT - if anyone is going to the SF Chronicle wine tasting at Fort Mason in mid-February I will be there.

Edited by jenius