Eva Figures serise, need help, want to get

KingNor

hi, i bought a eva -02 at the comic shop the other day, very cool, i think its poses are so hard core, but what i want is to get all three evas.

i've been looking around online and i'm having trouble figuring out wich ones are the same brand as what i have.

the one i have seems to be made or distributed by Kaiyodo. www.kaiyodo.co.jp/

i can't find anything in english about the company and navigating their website in japanise is next to imposible for me. where can i find more info on this companys line of evas?

the back of the box has the following names on it:

kaiyodo

sinka

xebec

and says the eva was originally sculpted by yamaguchi katsuhisa.

any info, like always, is super appreciated! thanks

here is a pic of the box:

post-26-1061747687_thumb.jpg

What you got is Kaiyodo/Xebec's second eva-02 figure. Kaiyodo previously released eva-00 thru eva-04 for the first wave, and were re-released in some fancy "tube" packaging. Aside from your eva-02, Kaiyodo also put out another figure from the movie, the eva-05. I don't know if Kaiyodo will release anymore figures from the movie though.

The previous releases are easy enough to find, but they can be quite fragile. I think only Sega and Kaiyodo/Xebec put out full blown figures of evas, but you can definitely tell them apart (Sega's evas are standing up straight and aren't as dynamic looking). If ever you want to go all out, you could always plunk down the cash for the Bandai chogokins.

What you got is Kaiyodo/Xebec's second eva-02 figure. Kaiyodo previously released eva-00 thru eva-04 for the first wave, and were re-released in some fancy "tube" packaging. Aside from your eva-02, Kaiyodo also put out another figure from the movie, the eva-05. I don't know if Kaiyodo will release anymore figures from the movie though.

The previous releases are easy enough to find, but they can be quite fragile. I think only Sega and Kaiyodo/Xebec put out full blown figures of evas, but you can definitely tell them apart (Sega's evas are standing up straight and aren't as dynamic looking). If ever you want to go all out, you could always plunk down the cash for the Bandai chogokins.

THe Chogokins are just so.... small. I saw one at Animenation the other day, and for a 100 dollars, I'd rather pick up a 1/48. However, the accessories are quite amazing.

is it "unlikely" or "unknown" if they will release the rest of the evas in the style of the one i have.

the o2 that i have is EXTREEMLY poseable, everything from standing up nice and strait to the stylized pose i pictured above, and nearly any pose you can come up with, though the arms are just a tad limited.

i'd love to have all 3 plus maybe the eva 06+/02 combo with the eva all trashed up.

now i digress... so is it simply not known if the rest of the serise will be released? and what should i call mine? serise 2 ? gen 2?

is it "unlikely" or "unknown" if they will release the rest of the evas in the style of the one i have.

the o2 that i have is EXTREEMLY poseable, everything from standing up nice and strait to the stylized pose i pictured above, and nearly any pose you can come up with, though the arms are just a tad limited.

i'd love to have all 3 plus maybe the eva 06+/02 combo with the eva all trashed up.

now i digress...  so is it simply not known if the rest of the serise will be released?  and what should i call mine?  serise 2 ?  gen 2?

Here's the Kaiyodo eva lines so far:

TV Series:

Eva-00 thru Eva-04 (these had metallic and clear colored variants)

3rd Angel Sachiel (sculpted by Art Asylum)

Eva-01 Matsumara Version (looks like its going berserk and breaking out of bindings)

Eva-00 thru Eva-04 re-releases (same figures but different packaging)

Rei and Asuka

End of Evangelion:

Eva-02 (different sculpt), Eva-05, Eva-05 with damaged Eva-02

The TV series evas are quite posable as well, so maybe you could team up your Eva-02 with those figures. LMK if I've missed anything, but I don't know whether Kaiyodo will continue the End of Evangelion line.

Hey KingNor? What is the mecha directly to the right of Unit 2? The camoflauge armor looks pretty damned sweet....... ;)

it's a paper MetalGear Rex from MSG on ps1.

got it as part of the E3 pack for the new 'snake eater' game.

Here are some pics.

Valkyrie Hunter D:

thanks very much for the line up. i've handled the other evas aswell, while they are cool, they can't touch the poseability of the one i have.. the question remains, what is the likely hood of the rest of the evas being made in the sculpt i of the 02 i have.

the reason i ask is because if they arn't releasing the others i'm going to go get the 05 while its available. if they are releasing the others, i'm going to wait for those instead. i cant' read the websites that are listed on the box so i dont' know what to do right now.

thanks again for all the info.

I like the Soul of Chogokin Evas. For $40 - $60 bucks you can get one. They're pretty small, but they're all die-cast and they're extremely poseable. For a while after I built my LM-HG models I would dream about an all die-cast version... and sure enough it came out. Just like my dream of an updated G1 Optimus Prime. :)

Now if Capcom would just make my 2d G1 Transformers fighting game.... I would be set.

Hey KingNor? What is the mecha directly to the right of Unit 2? The camoflauge armor looks pretty damned sweet.......  ;)

it's a paper MetalGear Rex from MSG on ps1.

got it as part of the E3 pack for the new 'snake eater' game.

Here are some pics.

Valkyrie Hunter D:

thanks very much for the line up. i've handled the other evas aswell, while they are cool, they can't touch the poseability of the one i have.. the question remains, what is the likely hood of the rest of the evas being made in the sculpt i of the 02 i have.

the reason i ask is because if they arn't releasing the others i'm going to go get the 05 while its available. if they are releasing the others, i'm going to wait for those instead. i cant' read the websites that are listed on the box so i dont' know what to do right now.

thanks again for all the info.

Not a prob KingNor, I got nothing else better to do while I watch over my nephew <_< .

TV Series:

Eva-00 thru Eva-04 (these had metallic and clear colored variants)

3rd Angel Sachiel (sculpted by Art Asylum)

Eva-01 Matsumara Version (looks like its going berserk and breaking out of bindings)

Eva-00 thru Eva-04 re-releases (same figures but different packaging)

Rei and Asuka

End of Evangelion:

Eva-02 (different sculpt), Eva-05, Eva-05 with damaged Eva-02

The TV series evas are quite posable as well, so maybe you could team up your Eva-02 with those figures. LMK if I've missed anything, but I don't know whether Kaiyodo will continue the End of Evangelion line.

From the same Kaiyodo line don't forget:

Repaint of Rei

Clear Rei

EVA-01 Glow in the dark variant

Deluxe EVA-01 (purple dude but with every weapon in a big box)

Deluxe EVA-01 (metallic variant)

I believe that EVA-03 and 04 only came in Black and Silver and did not have variants

EVA-00-03 came in 'flat' paint and the metalic and clears

EVA-05 came with wings. the EVA-05 w/damaged 02 does not

There's also 2 other Japan TrU variants that I can't remember off of the top of my head

Do any of you guys know a website or online forum where i can keep up to date on this company and hopefully get news on wether or not the other 2 eva units will be released?

i got the eva 05 today, and i noticed how many of the parts are shared by the 02, neck, chest, pelvis, legs....

kinda makes me scared that they will simply release these two because they are so similar.

anyone know a place i can keep an eye on this (that isn't in japanise)

thanks agian for the info, you guys been very informative.

Didn't the company that distributes Kaiyodo/Xebec action figures in Japan, go bankrupt recently?

The US distribution is unaffected, since it's a different company (Diamond Distribution). You should be able to find out more through your local comic book store or any store that orders from Diamond. Previews magazine should also have info that keeps you updated on future releases.

Do any of you guys know a website or online forum where i can keep up to date on this company and hopefully get news on wether or not the other 2 eva units will be released?

i got the eva 05 today, and i noticed how many of the parts are shared by the 02, neck, chest, pelvis, legs....

kinda makes me scared that they will simply release these two because they are so similar.

anyone know a place i can keep an eye on this (that isn't in japanise)

thanks agian for the info, you guys been very informative.

Try out www.figures.com, they're usually on top of any domestic Kaiyodo releases.

One eva 04 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...09&category=348

I have the 00,00',01,02,03,04 (1st release for each, not mettalic or trans.) They really are amazing.

Only one thing : impossible to keep on card properly. :( Had to open with sharp blade.

To everybody who have the 03 (black one) can you explain me how tu put it back in the box (the correct position) Due to the multiple joints i failed to put it in the original position. :(:(

You can get them for far cheaper than $100, but I digress.

Link? :D

I find it hard to believe you've never heard of HLJ, Greenguy. :blink:

You can get the SOC EVA for waaay less than $100 there.

KingNor - As for the Kaiyodo EVAs... all of the figures "go" together, ie - they are the same scale and all have dynamic sculpts, but these are just the most recent two, being from the movie. The largest difference between this EVA 02 and the previous one is the paint colors, followed by the different sculpt.

I think if you picked up any of Kaiyodo's previously released EVA figs, you'd enjoy them. I love mine. Go on ebay and search "kaiyodo eva" - you'll find plenty to think about.

The Kaiyodo's were cool, but the SOC EVAs that Bandai is putting out are far, far, far superior. Definitely worth the bucks.

Edited by Blaine23

You can get them for far cheaper than $100, but I digress.

Link? :D

I find it hard to believe you've never heard of HLJ, Greenguy. :blink:

You can get the SOC EVA for waaay less than $100 there.

KingNor - As for the Kaiyodo EVAs... all of the figures "go" together, ie - they are the same scale and all have dynamic sculpts, but these are just the most recent two, being from the movie. The largest difference between this EVA 02 and the previous one is the paint colors, followed by the different sculpt.

I think if you picked up any of Kaiyodo's previously released EVA figs, you'd enjoy them. I love mine. Go on ebay and search "kaiyodo eva" - you'll find plenty to think about.

The Kaiyodo's were cool, but the SOC EVAs that Bandai is putting out are far, far, far superior. Definitely worth the bucks.

Blane23

thanks for the info, but i've seen the other release of the evas, a friend of mine has them all, while they are cool, they arn't nearly as poseable as the one i've got, maybe i should post some pics to show how poseable the "end of evangelion" versions are.

I think the SOC ones are the little metal ones? i've seen those, i want those, but i jsut can't afford them, they are like 3 times the price of the 20 buck EoE versions.

what does SOC mean?

Here are some of my EVAs the Kaiyodo ones are really very posable. If you want poseability and affordability go with Kaiyodo. However if you want sheer coolness and that "diecastiness" that i am such a sucker for, go for the SOCs They are the best!!

post-26-1062103365_thumb.jpg

Edited by CHAN

Impressive collection of Kaiyodo's there Chan...though Chan doesn't show it, the SOC Evas are also no slouch in the articulation dept, though not as dynamic as Kaiyodo's, they can still be dynamic nevertheless... at least they can also stand in the classic Action figure (POA) pose! :lol: