1/60 Macross Frontier Reviews!

Peaugh

Hi!

I was invited to come here and share my video reviews of my 1/60 Bandai Chogokin Macross Frontier figures, so here I am. I hope that this is the right are to do so.

Here they are!

Alto Custom:

Ozma Custom:

Mikhail Custom:

Luca Custom:

Macross Quarter:

Super Parts:

Armored Parts:

Ghost & Weapons Set:

Gallia-4 Fold Set:

Heya Peaugh, you said in the super parts review that you can leave the crotch plate on when in jet mode, how the hell do you do that? I've been trying to do that on my Alto and it NEVER works!

It's a matter of bending the legs at the right spot. I've only done it once, and it REALLY doesn't look great. Also, quite a recipe for chipping the paint on the crotch panel. I don't recommend it at all.

Also, thanks to everyone for the welcome. I actually used to be a pretty big Macross fan and then just kind of fell out of it. I saw a pic of the super parts Alto chogokin a couple months ago and started my Macross Frontier collection, and I finally found a way to watch the episodes, so I'm about halfway through the series now. I do indeed also do many transformer reviews, so feel free to look around my channel.

As for the Human Alliance figures, I've reviewed all of them so far except for Barricade (and I've got Mudflap on the way), I may make some threads in the TF section directly to them at some point.

Again, thanks for the welcome, I'll try to be a helpful part of the community here!

Again, thanks for the welcome, I'll try to be a helpful part of the community here!

Maybe you can help the guy in the VF-11b thread who can't find any trnasformation vids of the yamato 1/60 toy? Doesn't seem to be reviews for this one, and it is my fave of all 3 of the macross plus OVA variable fighters that Yamato have done. (clean look, easy to handle, good look in all modes etc)

Awesome to see you here. As with many others, you are the reason I tend to buy a lot of my transformers, you're great reviews help a lot. Welcome back to the Macross fold, and I can't wait until you do more Macross related products.

Cool reviews, liked the Macross Quarter one. It's nice to see it in a video to see how much space it takes up on a table. Didn't know it comes with those small fighters. Any chance you can place it side by side with the old TV SDF-1 (Japanese or Matchbox version)?

It was indeed. Sadly, one that precludes me dipping into the Yamato offerings at this time, but soon, I hope. I DO have the Revoltech transforming VF-1S on the way, and I've got the 1/60 VF-27 on the way. Aside from those, I don't currently have any other Macross related items on the way to me. However, my coming soon list changes almost daily, so who knows. I'd love to get a large scale VF-1 of some type with that GPB armor.

It was indeed. Sadly, one that precludes me dipping into the Yamato offerings at this time, but soon, I hope. I DO have the Revoltech transforming VF-1S on the way, and I've got the 1/60 VF-27 on the way. Aside from those, I don't currently have any other Macross related items on the way to me. However, my coming soon list changes almost daily, so who knows. I'd love to get a large scale VF-1 of some type with that GPB armor.

Angolz has the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Custom for only $97. The 1/48 VF-1 has a more user friendly transformation than the V2 1/60 VF-1, and is still the biggest and most detailed, perfect variable(no parts swapping needed for transformation) VF-1 toy out there. Not as sleek, nor as articulated as the V2 1/60 VF-1 but still worthy of purchasing. The GPB armor will be rereleased by Yamato in March.

I have the VF-1J Hikaru in 1/48 scale and my only complaint was that the right hip on mine is significantly looser than the left. A fellow member here(I think nightmareb4macross) suggested using a hole punch and a piece of a floormat to add tension, haven't tried it yet.

Heya Peaugh, you said in the super parts review that you can leave the crotch plate on when in jet mode, how the hell do you do that? I've been trying to do that on my Alto and it NEVER works!

You can do it. All I can say is go incredibly slowly and apply even pressure to both sides of the legs. It gets better with practice. I've gotten pretty good in keeping them in there, as I greatly dislike leaving parts out from one mode to another.

By the way great fan of yours Peaugh, from when I used to buy Transformers (don't anymore). Welcome to the Macross bandwagon. I love these things.

Here's a question. Would anyone be interested in buying the full Armor set and Super parts set for 1/60 Ozma custom? I've got two set of the super parts, and I'm considering nabbing a second Ozma to display with the super parts since I already have my other in the full armor. The only catch is the super parts set is missing just the crotch plate. I lost my first one somehow. (hence the second set.) your super parts would be untouched, I only pulled the crotch plate out to use with my original set, and the full armor would coem to you untouched. I figure if I'm doing to get a second for display, why not nab the armored version for a few bucks more with all of it's improvements. Selling these armor sets would definitely help. I'll include the stand as well, since most likely anyone buying these will be doing do for their original 1/60 VF-25S. I'm going to try and post this in any "for sale" section that might be available here as well.

I'd expect payment up front, since selling the armor is what would finance the figure purchase. If you aren't bothered about getting untouched armor, I could go ahead and sent you all the parts immediately and just keep the new ones.

Not sure what to charge for them. I see the sets going for over $100 each online, is $200 shipped too much to ask?

• 3 weeks later...