D.E.Z.A.S.T.E.R

KiraYamato

Anyone still wish to experiment this after I show you mine <_<

Damn... my wing also caught fire after a fire fight... :lol:

So don't try this at home Kids. No fun... at all, Wish I can repair my wing and maybe repaint it.

post-4-1069091350_thumb.jpg

Edited by KiraYamato

Damn... my wing also caught fire after a fire fight...

A vague assessment at best. "Caught fire" my ass. :lol:

....I don't understand what you did to cause this  :unsure:

Pyromaniacs and $100+ toys do not mix.

Edited by Draykov

Very simple. Fire... from candle light that fall off and roll towards the plane... so make sure your romantic night is not spoiled like mine... <_<

Need a genious to clean up this terrible tragedy. Maybe W.M.Cheng can suggest something.

Look at my wing... :(

post-4-1069092186_thumb.jpg

yeah, what did you do? Did you try to create the weathering look on the missles or something? :p:D:lol:

Yeah... everyone can try this effect.. it looks so natural... <_<

I would suggest put it into microwave oven for 30min. Should do fine...

Very simple. Fire... from candle light that fall off and roll towards the plane... so make sure your romantic night is not spoiled like mine...

Did you happen to coat those missles with gasoline? I have a hard time believing a simple candle rolling towards your Valk would cause that kind of damage...or were you too caught up in your romantic evening to do anything about it until it was too late. ;)

Edited by Draykov

Very simple. Fire... from candle light that fall off and roll towards the plane... so make sure your romantic night is not spoiled like mine...

Did you happen to coat those missles with gasoline? I have a hard time believing a simple candle rolling towards your Valk would cause that kind of damage...or were you too caught up in your romantic evening to do anything about it until it was too late. ;)

Well, if everyone would like to try, Get a candle and put it just under the wing for 5 second... should get the same effect. :lol:

Sorry to see what happened.

Here's a possible solution:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3156507704

Too bad the wings are for a Low-viz and not a DYRL valk. This is only one of the auctions of Low Viz parts that Montarvillois has on eBay. Check out his thread in "Auctions" for the link to all the auctions.

You could also ask for the parts you need in "Wanted". I know dejr8bud has parted out a couple 1/48s and sold the parts. Kev at Valkyrie Exchange may have some parts too.

Good luck.

I dont want to try that, but thanks for the advise, I would look on ebay for the parts, and you could paint them. I know thier was a 1/48 that a member here had taken apart for the backpack hinges. Good luck, i wouldnt try sanding or painting, just R&R (remove and replace)

Here you go, let's make things much more clear for everyone. Thanks for the pics Draykov. :p

Thanks pfunk. I'll do that.

:lol:

I truly am sorry for your loss, but I couldn't resist.

Another possible solution:

Do a battle damage custom. You could take a butane lighter and blow holes in the pannels in certain places... it could look really cool, but to pull it off you really have to put in some time and research.

Example:

P0006341.jpg

Another possible solution:

Do a battle damage custom. You could take a butane lighter and blow holes in the pannels in certain places... it could look really cool, but to pull it off you really have to put in some time and research.

Example:

P0006341.jpg

I saw some gundam artist does that but hope some macross artist would have some sample... ahha.. from what i've shown in the pics, it's not that bad, just that I may need to do some nice custom effect on the wing to look more detail and real. Just like came back from war...

I think i need some 1/48 size crew fixing the wing... that would look nice also.

Thanks tom. any other solution for this?... repaint to black will be best for it... haha.. i think i'll come out with a custom design.

I wouldn't do anything drastic unless you're willing to write the whole Valk off. As time goes by more and more folks (unfortunately) will suffer a similar fate and be putting stuff up on eBay in the hopes of recovering some of their financial investment. If you wait long enough, I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Very simple. Fire... from candle light that fall off and roll towards the plane... so make sure your romantic night is not spoiled like mine... <_<

I can't pork in front of my VFs... I always feel like Roy is looking at the lucky girl of the evening. :lol:

Very simple. Fire... from candle light that fall off and roll towards the plane... so make sure your romantic night is not spoiled like mine...  <_<

I can't pork in front of my VFs... I always feel like Roy is looking at the lucky girl of the evening. :lol:

I find that my performance is enhanced by an audience. :lol:

If you look at pics of old WW@ aircraft you'll notice that they have lots of patches and mismatched parts from cannibalized wrecks. It might be cool to see a VF done the same way.

I think the wing does look well on bullet holes effects..or crash on something ... it's kinda natural...haha any idea MW guyz?

Wanna turn it into a nice peace of work instead of a disaster.

Maybe break off a big chunk of the wing where you melted it, try more carefully to blacken the edges, then build some airframe/wiring looking structure there, then get a heated pin and make bullet holes. That would be sweet. :) Expensive diorama tho! :lol:

Damn,

This feels like a bad omen fell on all 1/48's accross the planet this month. I feel your pain man and sympathise. I you want, I have the wings and the missiles of a low viz posted on Ebay. If you have an airbrush, you could probably repaint them or maybe you could use Tamiya white semi-gloss primer, this should hold pretty good to the plastic and look pretty similar to the original plastic color.

Good luck

And kids, don't play with matches and valks.... ;)

splash_logo.gif

Sandpaper, a putty Knife a a tube of Bondo brand auto repair putty, it will take some time to sculpt/sand that wing but it is very fixable. That first missile pod is just toast man, but I truly think you can fix the wing, it may not be absolutely perfect but with some effort I would bet dollars to doughnuts you can make it look decent enough to not be highly noticeable from 2 feet away.

Good luck, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Sandpaper, a putty Knife a a tube of Bondo brand auto repair putty, it will take some time to sculpt/sand that wing but it is very fixable. That first missile pod is just toast man, but I truly think you can fix the wing, it may not be absolutely perfect but with some effort I would bet dollars to doughnuts you can make it look decent enough to not be highly noticeable from 2 feet away.

Good luck, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I still say waiting for a new wing to show up on eBay will save you effort and I doubt it would be any more expensive than a custom repair.

Thanks for the tips guyz... i will wait and see but at the moment, i'll experiment with some effect that I can apply on that wing of mine... bullet holes, burn, or maybe post a fight scene...hahah :lol:

Anyone has any more ideas. Feel free to drop a few line.

Need a genious to clean up this terrible tragedy. Maybe W.M.Cheng can suggest something.

Look at my wing... :(

Did you at least score on your romantic night? J/K Sorry to see the bird grounded. :(

You can recover the lost by going custom. Putty, sanding and repainting should fix that wing. If I was local to you, I would do it for free. Just takes a little time and lots of patience. The missles are toast so get that Fast Pack and strap some UMM-7 micro missile pods on.

Or maybe you can do a custom Max or Miiria versions and by a new replacement.

In any case, sorry for the lost but look at your new found options.

Good luck!