Is there any way to play PS1 imports on PS2?

rewooh

I suggest buying a "chipped" PS2, or buying one and then having it chipped. You can check out americanmodz.com to get an idea of what efforts and costs will be involved with this type of setup. You could try other tricks, such as the flip-top casing or even the slide card, both of which are in the Games' section somewhere, but I recommend getting a mod-chip. The cleaner the mod, the better it is.....

I bought a preinstalled DMS3 modchipped PS2 and it plays any and everything i throw at it. I have Macross VFX1 (dont have 2 sadly) and the Macross DYRL Side scroller, as well as a few Gundam games and even a Votoms game for PS1 (that one came with an awesome reissue of a really great Takara Votoms toy!)

Anyhow, my opinion is DMS3 is the chip to get. If you are interested look it up on the net. I will be happy to tell you via email (or icq, or aim) of a reputable dealer, but i dont want to be doing an ADVERT for them on these boards.

Well I think there was a way to get the US launch model PS2s to play imports.

As for getting a mod chip I heard it's a bad idea if you plan on going online with your PS2.

That's true, but the latest, most recent chip mentioned by lavinrac, the DMS-3, has a switch that allows you to turn it off if you need to go online, as an active mod-chip would keep you from doing so otherwise...

Neat huh?

Edited by myk