The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

I just saw it. It was actually quite similar to the Tobey's original. Everything was done well except for the fact that we've seen it all before. Filming was fantastic. Effects were top notch, and the acting was great. I think Garfield might be a tad better than Macguire. But it's the same story. I was hoping for something a little... different.

Saw it today.

Peter is definitely more outcast teen rebel than nerd. The whole C. Thomas Howell plot is stupid & pointless. I thought Spiderman used his web to swing across town. Apparently we need some stupid scene where the working class guys help him. I'm surprise no one was there to yell "Youse goes and gets him Spiderman!"

Uncle Ben totally deserved what he got. To start with what convenience store guy really expect a skinny highschool kid to tackle an adult robber? Uncle Ben could have ran, screamed or even kicked the gun away. The Robber wasn't robbing him. He was more interested in getting away. If Uncle Ben didn't go and wrestle for the gun the robber would have just pushed him down. Instead Ben has to wrestle for it.

The horror!

Uncle Ben totally deserved what he got. To start with what convenience store guy really expect a skinny highschool kid to tackle an adult robber? Uncle Ben could have ran, screamed or even kicked the gun away. The Robber wasn't robbing him. He was more interested in getting away. If Uncle Ben didn't go and wrestle for the gun the robber would have just pushed him down. Instead Ben has to wrestle for it.

The horror!

I haven't seen the new movie yet, but judging from your description of the scene, it seems like the Macguire version was portrayed a lot more realistically.

*looks up future foundation*

this?

That's a bad ass suit. I want to see spider man get rolled into avengers while wearing this. Have I ever mentioned that the venom suit is by far my all time favorite Spiderman outfit?

Yes, and he has worn it in the Avengers (several during Fear Itself). And most of the time it doesn't look as good as in the pic you posted.

If you like the Venom suit, have you seen the Stealth suit he had for a little while? (The glowey parts are sometimes green instead of red, I forget why).

Spider-Stealth_Suit_Mark_I.JPG

If you like the Venom suit, have you seen the Stealth suit he had for a little while? (The glowey parts are sometimes green instead of red, I forget why).

Wasn't that for some Tron Legacy-tie-in Marvel was doing?

I haven't seen the new movie yet, but judging from your description of the scene, it seems like the Macguire version was portrayed a lot more realistically.

A carjacking versus Martin Sheen throwing down with someone half his age and armed? Putting it that way it is rather difficult to say what's more realistic. :p

Wasn't that for some Tron Legacy-tie-in Marvel was doing?

Not that I'm aware of, but it's from around that time period. IIRC, there was a new Hobgoblin with a "lunatic laugh" sonic attack. Peter used some sort of tech Horizon Labs was working on to build a suit that can warp light and sound waves, hence the new Stealth suit.

but I'm not quite sold on the glowing orange

I can't for the life of me remember why, but it had different colors for the glow. I liked the green glow, personally.

293c4jo.jpg

Doesn,t come out in mainland China until August.

Hopefully see it in France with my daughter on holidays nxt wk!

beyondhollywood.com has some great B-rolls,and was really surprised,greatfull to see soo much stunt work.

Stuntman swinging back n forth along the bridge scene over traffic, side flippin over moterbikes,rollin over top of cars,running up the side of a truck,climbing up a truck,bustin out of a city sewer,jumpin over a hood of a car into a leg/neck hold,swingin from a wire attached to a streetlight off a buliding 360 back onto the building.The stuntman really got spider-man,s moves down!! Check it out it,s worth a look!

Saw it last week. Was surprisingly unimpressed.

Plot felt bloated yet plotting seemed strictly by the numbers. Aunt May was terribly cast and overall the film just didnt feel like it needed to exist IMO.

SFX and action were of the expected high quality but apart from that, the only real highlights of the film for me were Martin Sheen and Denis Leary.

I kinda hope that this flops so the rights revert to Marvel and they can work spiderman into their expanded movie universe.

Thats's what we all want.

Yes, and he has worn it in the Avengers (several during Fear Itself). And most of the time it doesn't look as good as in the pic you posted.

The colour varied depending on the mode. One was to bend lightwaves (invisibility) the other was to bend sound waves (to counter the Hobgoblin's sonic attack). I forget which was which though.

• 3 months later...