Astro Plan

VF5SS

Because Gerwalk happens to be the most aerodynamically stable mode to begin with...

clearly. Everyone knows there's nothing more aerodynamically efficient than giant robot limbs dangling from the midsection of your jet. :rolleyes:

The design from Robotech: Shadow Rising Astro Plan looked promising, despite the so-called rip-off influence from both Macross Frontier & Gundam Seed.

The flagship:

post-693-127553231804_thumb.jpg

post-693-127553229643_thumb.jpg

post-693-127553228721_thumb.jpg

Edited by Protoculture

Wow, you're a bit late on the discussion, Protoculture. All of those have been discussed already. Go back a couple of pages for the toy pics.

Nahhh, I'm not talking about toys ... its more about adding images of variable fighters from Astro Plan.

Those Type Yi Fighters are quite 'meh' but the designs are atleast retained some originality ...

Come to think of it, the YF-11 Type Yi Fighter and the VF-11 Thunderbolt may actually be related to each other. Here's why:

- The VF-11 Thunderbolt is designed after the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker.

- The YF-11 Type Yi Fighter is designed after the Shenyang J-11, which is the Chinese version of the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker.

Edited by areaseven

Come to think of it, the YF-11 Type Yi Fighter and the VF-11 Thunderbolt may actually be related to each other. Here's why:

- The VF-11 Thunderbolt is designed after the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker.

- The YF-11 Type Yi Fighter is designed after the Shenyang J-11, which is the Chinese version of the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker.

Hah, you scored on that one ..... VF-11 might indeed ripped-off inspired the designers of YF-11 Type Yi.

Someone should do a fan dub of AstroPlan and use Robotech music. Make it a download phenomenon and Robotech will finally have a sequel. A fan dub is perfect, Robotech didn't have a whole lot of voices involved back in the day anyway.

After reading this, LOL, sign me up. i'll voice someone. We definitely need a good narrator too. It'd be even great to have a couple lines where a character accidentally describes the ship as White base, or says things like "this looks awefully familiar".

I was actually working on a parody fansub of the first episode, but due to time constraints, the project was shelved. Here's part of the script:

-

Mankind leaves Earth due to the bombardment of asteroids that plant Tiberium into the ground.

-

The new home planet is called Pandora.

But otherwise, count me in on the fandub production. Here are some ideas:

- The opening narration should contain a shameless plug promoting the toys. After all, that's what the series is - a 30-minute toy commercial.

- We should get a good Mel Brooks impersonator to do the voice of the priest, and make the character a Rabbi in the fandub.

Saw my first bootleg Astroplan toy recently. It was some type of grey VF-1 toy, about 6-8 inches tall, in a blister pack with Astro Plan pictures on the packing.

Should have taken a photo.

Graham

Knock-off of a knock-off, how wonderful...

I was actually working on a parody fansub of the first episode, but due to time constraints, the project was shelved. Here's part of the script:

-

Mankind leaves Earth due to the bombardment of asteroids that plant Tiberium into the ground.

-

The new home planet is called Pandora.

But otherwise, count me in on the fandub production. Here are some ideas:

- The opening narration should contain a shameless plug promoting the toys. After all, that's what the series is - a 30-minute toy commercial.

- We should get a good Mel Brooks impersonator to do the voice of the priest, and make the character a Rabbi in the fandub.

I also demand that the term "sniper bazooka" be used!

Yeah, that too. And the Type-Yi fighters should be called "Neo-Veritech" fighters. While we're at it, we need to come up with western names for all the characters.

Well that parts easy.

-Jet Skydream

-Brent Winbush

-Chuck Conners

-Mark Silvermane

-Wolf Lynx

-Harvey Firestein

-Maxine Electra

-Lucy Justice

-Joe Don Baker

-Foxy McMellon

-Roderick Moonraker

-Walken Christopherson

-Jessica Pantsuit

-Sarah Darkmean

You can pretty much throw together any two random names and have the perfect fit.

Ehh... I feel the list is a bit too "Anglo". We need to add some names to reflect the token minorities a more culturally diverse cast.

Julio Ramirez

Jamal Jenkins

Ye Ming Chao

That will be all, they will be given each 2 lines per episode.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that parts easy.

-Jet Skydream

-Brent Winbush

-Chuck Conners

-Mark Silvermane

-Wolf Lynx

-Harvey Firestein

-Maxine Electra

-Lucy Justice

-Joe Don Baker

-Foxy McMellon

-Roderick Moonraker

-Walken Christopherson

-Jessica Pantsuit

-Sarah Darkmean

You can pretty much throw together any two random names and have the perfect fit.

Name a character Tommy Yune.

Saw my first bootleg Astroplan toy recently. It was some type of grey VF-1 toy, about 6-8 inches tall, in a blister pack with Astro Plan pictures on the packing.

Should have taken a photo.

Graham

You should ask Yamato to see if they can get the license for these mecha

• 3 weeks later...