Post pics of VF-1 broken shoulders here!

Silvestri

A quick update:

1) Some good news, the replacement shoulder hinges should be arriving today.

2) Some more good news. There should be enough for everybody that has requested them so far (a larger quantity is being provided than was expected).

3) Anticipate these will start shipping out to members round end of February. Sorry, the 'alternate source' is busy until then.

4) PM me your shipping address if you have not yet done so.

Graham

im going to order a GBP in a couple of weeks. can i do a pre-emptive strike and order the shoulders now?

Guys,

There is now an order stop on the off-white shoulder hinges for the DYRL VF-1A/S Valks, as all the avilable quantity has now been allocated.

I will see if it is possible to obtain more.

Still plenty of the bright-white and cream hinges available.

Graham

Pics of my Hikaru VF-1A shoulders. As you can see, one is broken, but being held together with superglue. The second has a clear stress line showing, indicating it's going to break sometime in the future.

Thank goodness for my macro lens! :lol:

post-122-1265808518_thumb.jpg

post-122-1265808525_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I just received a large shipment of Yamato valkyries, so I've been taking each one apart and removing at least (1) shoulder pin to determine which type it has. :mellow:

My fear is to leave them in the box for a while, only to find out later that they're already cracked. :unsure:

It's been a tedious process as the valkyries are quite fragile and the knurled pins aren't easy to get out. I've been replacing the offending pins with smooth rods of the appropriate diameter.:wacko:

I was disappointed to find out that my limited and newly release VF-1J weathered version also has knurled pins. If this hasn't been posted yet, then let me be the first to advise Yamato has intentionally released (2) valkyries utilizing old stock of which they knew were prone to breakage, being the VF-1J/GBP and the Weathered VF-1J Hikaru. <_<

I hope to be able to check (2) more tonight. What a fine mess this has become for customers, having to repair brand new collectibles. :angry:

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I can second Chronocidal's report. I had no problems taking the valk apart to so that I could properly apply the superglue to the shoulder. Putting it back together was just as easy. Just keep everything nearby as you're working, and it'll all go smoothly!

Graham, thank you for answering our plight. I have pm'ed you (although I may have sent my PM a little late). I have checked my brother's 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru version, and there appear to be stressing on the right shoulder due to knurled pins. If you are able to get more shoulder hinges from your alternate source later on, let us know. I would surely order more.

What gets me about the 1/60 Ver. 2s is how Yamato continued to use pins that were knurled at the ends when it's standard operating procedure to use hinge pins that are knurled in the middle to prevent from having the pin simply fall out while maintaining the toy's articulation. How could Yamato get something SOOO Basic that EVERY other toy company (even Toynami) gets right, SO WRONG. :huh:

Hi! I signed a few hours ago and this is my first post!

Although I was an occasional reader, I found this post by Google and decided to subscribe to the forum.

Well, I don't think you guys need more pics, but I'm so frustrated with my VF-1S DYRL that I'm posting the pics...

One side is broken, put some glue but it's no holding. The other side (not pictured) is already showing wear. I transformed it just 2 or 3 times, I was very gentle!

And I already got another DYRL coming (Hikaru's version)!!!!

Here it goes...

th_IMG_2293.jpg

th_IMG_2292.jpg

One of my Vt-1 has the problem right from the box:
That doesn't look bad at all, it's just a crack. If it pops off, super glue it. That should help. :3

Well, after more than (at least) 40+ transformations, my first edition VF-1S roy is cracked, too. But no biggy. It's not like the piece is broken, or has fallen off. And if it does, I'll simply super-glue it.

As for the whole QC issue...

If any of you guys collect HOT TOYS figures, you've probably encountered worse QC. I had to return nearly half of all my HT figures due to (far worse) defects, yet I still collect them.

Maintenance and repair jobs are all part of being a collector. I see my Yamatos (and Hot Toys figures) as fully assembled, pre-painted model kits, whereas other companies like Bandai only produce simple toys, marketing their overpriced product in hopes of selling them as collector items.

Why Bandai doesn't just up-scale their beautiful 1/72 fully transformable VF-25/27 model kits to 1/60 scale (or have their toy counterparts be exactly the same in terms of design) will remain a complete mystery to me. That, to me, would warrant the price they are asking for now - and I would gladly dish out the dough for them.

Back on topic...

Aside from Roy, my:

VF-1J is perfectly fine

VF-1E is perfectly fine

VF-1D is perfectly fine

VT-1 is perfectly fine

Edited by OmegaD3k

That doesn't look bad at all, it's just a crack. If it pops off, super glue it. That should help. :3

Well, after more than (at least) 40+ transformations, my first edition VF-1S roy is cracked, too. But no biggy. It's not like the piece is broken, or has fallen off. And if it does, I'll simply super-glue it.

As for the whole QC issue...

If any of you guys collect HOT TOYS figures, you've probably encountered worse QC. I had to return nearly half of all my HT figures due to (far worse) defects, yet I still collect them.

Maintenance and repair jobs are all part of being a collector. I see my Yamatos (and Hot Toys figures) as fully assembled, pre-painted model kits, whereas other companies like Bandai only produce simple toys, marketing their overpriced product in hopes of selling them as collector items.

Why Bandai doesn't just up-scale their beautiful 1/72 fully transformable VF-25/27 model kits to 1/60 scale (or have their toy counterparts be exactly the same in terms of design) will remain a complete mystery to me. That, to me, would warrant the price they are asking for now - and I would gladly dish out the dough for them.

Back on topic...

Aside from Roy, my:

VF-1J is perfectly fine

VF-1E is perfectly fine

VF-1D is perfectly fine

VT-1 is perfectly fine

I didn't pay what I would call premium prices for a toy that is broken out of the box. Sorry.

I used to lie to myself like that at the beginning, until I got fed up always having nearby a screwdriver, super glue, rubber, paper wedges or nail polish to fix whatever came f*cked up out of the box whenever I got my new "mass produced fully assembled perfect transformation TOY"

by the way, Yamato's are not collection pieces, and collection pieces should not be tampered, you don't see people using a sharpie pen to fix a spot in their Picasso painting

Edited by Valkyrie addict

They are toys that are trying to get the look of a model. But still toys. Stop deluding yourself buddy. That's damage control. You feel buyers remorse everytime you experience a breakage just like the lot of us haha.

The only reason we tolerate it is, well, ...because we have no choice by not being lucky and living in japan where the breakages are covered and replacements are easy to get. lol

Not picking only on yamato here so don't bother thinking I'm a shill for bandai or other companies, it happens to toynami as well.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

For car/plane/whatever mechanical, it is collector's job to mainataince and trying fixing problems that may arise due to mechanical problems.

for toys, none at all, why who anyone want to maintain structure problem beside building and furniture is out of my mind..

Edited by ntsan