Post pics of VF-1 broken shoulders here!

Silvestri

Pictures of the 2 broken shoulder connectors of the VF-1S Fokker, stad alone, first edition.

Realized both were broken a while ago, the other example is in storage somewhere hard to reach at the moment. Wrote to Overdrive a long time ago and never got their reply...

It's not a matter of changing the pin only: I think they should change the material of the piece, but metal may not do because the piece needs to be a bit flexible so it can pas over that bump to stay in place in battroid and gerwalk modes.

post-9400-1263021771_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1263021816_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

Here is a picture of my VF-1A Hikaru with a cracked right shoulder hinge after only a couple transformations. I also checked out my out-of-box VF-1D, and that one is fine with the smooth pins. I still have a few more to check that I hope to get to today, but I have to pull them out of their boxes.

post-683-1263024543_thumb.jpg

I can't post a picture because I've already fixed it with putty but my Strike Roy had both shoulders crack from sitting in the box (only transformed twice).

So long as it "obviously looks repaired" I still think it'd be useful to post a pic.

Ok, I hope Graham is able to convince Yamato to come up with a reasonable solution for providing replacement shoulders for non-Japanese collectors, because this is f'in ridiculous! Besides the VF-1A Hikaru I posted a pic of a few posts back (posted again here), I have a VF-1S Roy that has a noticeably cracked right shoulder and a hairline crack on the left shoulder, and I never even transformed it! I also have a VF-1J Hikaru with a hairline crack on the left shoulder, only transformed once before!

Now, this is where I'm really pissed!!! I picked up a couple of brand new VF-1A Hikarus with the Super/Strike Parts for a good deal awhile back. These have been sitting in their boxes ever since. Today, I opened them for the first time! One has a cracked shoulder, and the other has both shoulders cracked!!! Just look at the pictures. Unbelievable!

The VF-1J CF, VF-1A TV Kakizaki, and my extra VF-1D are fine as the pins look like they are smooth. I have a VF-1S Hikaru that appears fine for now, but I'll have to remove the pins and smooth down the knurling just to be sure.

Well, I'm done with Yamato for the foreseeable future unless they can rectify this problem.

post-683-1263089917_thumb.jpg

post-683-1263089942_thumb.jpg

post-683-1263089963_thumb.jpg

post-683-1263089977_thumb.jpg

post-683-1263089989_thumb.jpg

post-683-1263090004_thumb.jpg

post-683-1263090017_thumb.jpg

If past performance is an indication of future behavior, then Yamato will not provide any replacement parts to customers living outside their limited service area.

Instead they will release V3, which will eliminate the shoulder problem, provide various upgrades taken directly from MW, while at the same time introducing another point of breakage in anticipation of V4. :lol:

I checked last night and the Max VF-1S and Hikaru VF-1J weathered versions both utilize smooth pins. Hopefull the Focker VF-1S weathered will follow suit.

I don't have ready access to a camera at the moment but I'll post pictures if I can. My 1st release Focker 1S has a crack on the left shoulder after checking today---plus the canopy finish has flaked/cracked. Up until now the hinges seemed fine with the total of about 6 transformations done, gently handled for the almost 2 years of owning. The 1D and TV Max 1A I have look okay so far.

My friend, vf2ss, and I have started to notice the flaking of the film on the canopies of some of ours, too. It was a great idea, but it seems like it was poorly executed. I don't think I've had my first 1/60 for more than a year. I'll have to end up rubbing the film off on all of them eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

just rechecked my vf-1s hikaru strike. It is mib and it shows slight stress marks already and i haven't even transformed it.

i also have a vf-1s hikaru without the fast pack that has been transformed a dozen of times . i noticed that it does have a stress mark there also.

Since they haven't actually broke yet.

Will yamato offer /sell shoulder joints to those who's vf1's havent broken yet but clearly a sign that they will because of stress marks that are already there even whtn the toy has been taken out of the box twice asper my strike.

Am I late to this party? How do I go about ordering replacement shoulders for my toys? I definitely need two VF-1S shoulders because both are broken on my first edition toy and both the replacements were broken in the bag they were sent in. Are we allowed to order for all of the toys we think might have the thick pin?

Shame. My DYRL Roy with Super/Strike parts has teh smooth pins and no issues during several transformations thus far. I really want to pick up the 1/60 VF-1J with Armored parts that was released a couple months back, but not unless I can confirm it's the smooth pins. Anyone know?

Pfft... if that's the case, Yamato should actually include shoulder/pin replacements on the side.

I'm going to wait til they're packed with the right pins.

Jenius: When can we expect a review? =)

My table currently has the following toys on it:

1) Anniversary VF-1S Focker 1/60 V2

2) Takatoku GBP + Hikaru 1J 1/55 (Hik is reissue)

3) Yamato V1 1/60 Hik+GBP combo

4) Yamato V2 1/60 Hik+GBP combo

5) Yamato V2 SuperOstrich

6) Yamato V2 Elintseeker

7) CMs Character figure box (still unopened)

Not yet on the table:

1) Yamato Hikaru 1J + GBP in 1/48 scale

2) Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25S + Armor

I was hoping to get my GBP review up sooner than later but with all the comparisons I'm doing with other versions of the toy it looks like it's going to take a while.

A quick update:

1) Some good news, the replacement shoulder hinges should be arriving today.

2) Some more good news. There should be enough for everybody that has requested them so far (a larger quantity is being provided than was expected).

3) Anticipate these will start shipping out to members round end of February. Sorry, the 'alternate source' is busy until then.

4) PM me your shipping address if you have not yet done so.

Graham

I believe I replied but I haven't posted my pictures before.

I just checked my VF-1D and VF-1J which seem fine.

But my Roy Focker VF-1S is a whole different story. PM sent Graham.

1st image right shoulder, 2nd image left shoulder.

post-31-1265603832_thumb.jpg

post-31-1265603856_thumb.jpg

Crappy phone camera pic of what just arrived on the 'alternate source's' desk. :D

Each and every hinge will be inspected before it is shipped to make sure it is free of stress marks or cracks and has a pin that is smooth on both ends.

PM your address if you haven't already. These will ship out starting end of Feb. You will be contacted with payment details for the shipping charges.

Graham

post-11-1265614581_thumb.jpg

PM your address if you haven't already. These will ship out starting end of Feb. You will be contacted with payment details for the shipping charges.

Graham

Just to clarify, there are enough available to place an order now? (as opposed to earlier when it was announced) I wasn't sure if they were being ordered in bulk, or just to fill the current demand.

If so, I'll send a pm shortly. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

funny, i've had my VF-1J Hikaru T.V. for over a year now, with MANY transformations,

and i have encountered no shoulder-joint problems.

in fact, IMO, the VF-1 1/60 v.2 is the very best looking and most durable rendition of the VF-1 to date.

have i just been lucky, or did YAMATO just get it all right with this variant?

Miss_Shao_as_Lynn_Minmay_1_by_Shaor.jpg

DSCF2569.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

funny, i've had my VF-1J Hikaru T.V. for over a year now, with MANY transformations,

and i have encountered no shoulder-joint problems.

in fact, IMO, the VF-1 1/60 v.2 is the very best looking and most durable rendition of the VF-1 to date.

have i just been lucky, or did YAMATO just get it all right with this variant?

From what I was told, I don't think the stand-alone Hikaru 1J has any issue. It's the one with fast packs that have the defective shoulders.