Tekkaman

i have this model that i got off of ebay a while back....whenever my friends come they think it's something from gundam or some s&$@ (dumb a$#@% :angry::angry: ) IT'S FROM TEKKAMAN BLADE! u know the 1992 series? it came on in the US a few years back...but anyways....has anyone else heard about him? i thought the series was good (eventhough i haven't watched it in years) anyways here's some images(from HLJ of the bandai model kits) if u don't exactly remember

ban35530.gif

ban37350.gif

I remember watching Tekkaman Blade on TV on Sunday mornings like... seven years ago? I never saw enough to get into it really, but at the time there was next to no other anime on TV (Sailor Moon, I think) so I was pretty excited when I did catch it.

Seems as though they released a sequel OVA, don't know if it ever got released here though.

I remember this show. I rather enjoyed it at the time. I've seen part of an episode of the OVA sequel, it was pretty wretched. Barely connected to the original story, more comedic and fan-service based than anything else.

I remember watching it on UPN and it was called "Teknoman" way back in 1993. WTF? I was in high school when it came out and I saw previews of it I thought is this robot-human hybrid was gonna dance his way into a fight? Okay that's not exactly how I remembered it but it's just that I hated techno-house-dance-trance music (I was going through a hip-hop liking phase at this point). I actually saw the two hour premeire (ala RT) on a Sunday morning at noon and it was great. I was suprised but shocked after the end of the credits to find out that the kings of Tokusatsu/Sentai bastardization Saban produced an excellent Anime. Certain name changes were not a problem for me and that Pegas Mecha Tekkaman rides in is sweet. If they can only bring it on DVD with Jap. Language track w/ Eng. Subs. I wonder who owns the rights now?

~G25

I remember that. It was cool when I was young and it was on a sunday morning with no competition from other cartoons. I think I still have a tape with some of the episodes on it, the UPN version.

I remember watching it on UPN and it was called "Teknoman" way back in 1993. WTF? I was in high school when it came out and I saw previews of it I thought is this robot-human hybrid was gonna dance his way into a fight? Okay that's not exactly how I remembered it but it's just that I hated techno-house-dance-trance music (I was going through a hip-hop liking phase at this point). I actually saw the two hour premeire (ala RT) on a Sunday morning at noon and it was great. I was suprised but shocked after the end of the credits to find out that the kings of Tokusatsu/Sentai bastardization Saban produced an excellent Anime. Certain name changes were not a problem for me and that Pegas Mecha Tekkaman rides in is sweet. If they can only bring it on DVD with Jap. Language track w/ Eng. Subs. I wonder who owns the rights now?

~G25

Yeah, I remember seeing it on UPN on Sunday mornings too. Caught it when I wasn't watching football or when I was simply channel surfing...Didn' t really follow it but I distinctly remember that Blade had to go inside a bigger robot to maintain his Teknoman form. I also remember him having his twin brother as his major nemesis...the show got cancelled or moved just when I was really getting into it, so I never really found out his origins but I suspected that his whole family was abducted and transformed by some weird aliens to take over the world and maybe leading to that "Luke, I am your father" deal. I thought it was very predictable which is why I never really tracked this series down.

:o:o Whoah what a koinkydink...Hey gerwalk25, looked at your profile and you're from my home town...A-town. What Highschool did you go to?

Hey! It's me! B)

Man, I make a cool figurine.

I actually don't have a figurine of Tekkaman Blade, but I gave one to my friend as a Birthday present since me and him have been Tekka nuts for a long time.\

My fandom of this show actually came before Macross for me. I got into it when I saw Teknoman back when UPN used to be cool. Now they suck and all the good shows they aired are gone. Teknoman dissappeared from my life for a good chunk of time, then one day me and my friend were talking about Macross and suddenly I said something like: "Hey, you remember Teknoman?" (by this time, I began getting fansubs and buying anime DVDs, so I knew it was Tekkaman Blade and the US was Teknoman (not a bad name though).

AH yes. Nastalgia. Tekkaman Blade, Omega, Evil, the ring around the Earth, Spider Crabs, the Earth Defense Force, the greasy engineer. (I finally ordered the HK DVDs of this last week since it seems it will never get put on DVD in the US, just like Sonic SatAM)

Edited by Tekkaman Blade

I remember it vaguely.....

Ditto. I remember they would air Tekkaman Blade on Sunday mornings.......the main character would ALWAYS be outnumbered. I remember someone on the old MW Forums talking about a new series. :unsure:

Well, there is Tekkaman Blade II, but it sucks. Tremendously.

Like I said, the basics of Teknoman/Tekkaman are:

1. Spidercrabs (how could you forget such a catchy minion name?)

2. Teknomen/Tekkamen

3. Giant ring around the Earth (the ORS -Orbital Ring System-)

4. Outnumbered Slade/Blade always beats the bad guys anyway

Bah! Blade sucks! Balzac and Ringo in their amazing Tekno-Suits (Sol-Tekkaman suits in the Japanese version) were where it's at. I bought about three of the Sol-Tekkaman kits, loved that big cannon vibe.

The Teknoman dub was interesting to me for a couple of reasons such as the fact Australia got the "International" dub which retained the bladed weapon name for the characters and the completely blatant rewriting of Balzac's fate at the end of the series, when all the visual cues screamed that he died (in the Japanese version he did), with the dub slipping a couple of RT/DBZ style "He's okay! He made!" mentions on the sly...

Cyc

I remember that. It was cool when I was young and it was on a sunday morning with no competition from other cartoons. I think I still have a tape with some of the episodes on it, the UPN version.

UPN used to air it for 26 episodes back in 1995 and re-run the same eps until September because Teknoman ran on a weekly schedule. The remaining 15-18 (?) episodes were supposed to continue for the UPN Kids block but was canned because the ratings weren't what UPN wanted. Instead, they ended up airing pish-posh stuff for the remaining year until UPN killed their kids block completely when it was over.

If they can only bring it on DVD with Jap. Language track w/ Eng. Subs. I wonder who owns the rights now?

When Urban Vision released the OAV Tekkaman Blade II, the sign of good sales from it did prompt them to consider releasing the TV series. However, Saban stepped in and said to Urban Vision that the OAV is infringing the rights on Teknoman, with a C&D. Technically, Urban Vision told Saban they weren't because it's seperate and Saban backed down. Because of this, no one went to license the TV series.

Saban was bought up by Disney last year when they were looking for a new animation subsidary to replace DIC (Disney kicked them out previously). This killed the Fox Kids block and Saban was renamed BVS Entertainment, as shown in the credits of Power Rangers and Digimon season 4 (Digimon Frontier).

Whoever's running BVS currently owns the rights right now, including all of Saban's anime licenses. :(

:o:o Whoah what a koinkydink...Hey gerwalk25, looked at your profile and you're from my home town...A-town. What Highschool did you go to?

Alameda High School where part of the Animatrix "Kid's Story" took place. Remember the entrance to the high school?

~G25

Never say Blade but saw some SUPER OLD show called Tekkaman from 1975 which I guess what Tekkaman Blade is based off of. :unsure:

I have a funky-ass 80minute VHS dub of "Tekkaman" the Space Knight. I think that's what your talking about right?

~G25

I found out that the 70's Tekkaman was revived in a Video Game and Microman toy!

It seems that he appeared in a game called "Tatsunoko Fight!" for the JP PSone and the action figures along with Tatsu's other superheroes (i.e Huricane Polymer, Cashan, Gatchaman Ken and a new exclusive chara) were based on the game.

There's more info at:

http://www.microforever.com/tatsunokomicro.htm

Cool Stuff!

~G25

:o  :o Whoah what a koinkydink...Hey gerwalk25, looked at your profile and you're from my home town...A-town. What Highschool did you go to?

Alameda High School where part of the Animatrix "Kid's Story" took place. Remember the entrance to the high school?

~G25

Sweet! You're a Hornet too!!! Maybe we we knew each other. You should put your name down for UNSpacy's bay area meet..Let's get this list going cos I think there are more of us than it actually shows.

As far as Animatrix goes, I still haven't had a chance to check it out so I don't know what entrance you're talking about... You are talking about the old side right, the one on Santa Clara. The old part of the school has had some movie cameo's but the only one I can remember is "Angels on the Outfield" as part of a court scene. The main entrance on Encinal just simply looks like a Prison now...

You are talking about the old side right, the one on Santa Clara. The old part of the school has had some movie cameo's but the only one I can remember is "Angels on the Outfield" as part of a court scene. The main entrance on Encinal just simply looks like a Prison now...

It's the Encinal entrance. Yep it does look like a prison

I only went to AHS till my Sophmore year. I finished the last two at Island High. You might have heard bad things bout' that school (like a prison ironicly) but it was pretty tight. I'm class of 95.

BTW: I'll check the list and see if I could make the meet.

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25