vf-os

vf-1s roy

vf-1s hikaru (dyrl)

vf-1a hikaru (dyrl)

vf-1a max (dyrl)

vf-1a kakizaki (dyrl)

vf-1j hikaru

ami i missing any?

If we want to stay clear of the potential problem, we should stay clear of these, right? Or has it been corrected for later or super part editions?

Original versions of the following had problematic shoulders\shoulder hinges

VF-0S

VF-0A

VF-0A ghost bundle

--problem was fixed on VF-0S Ghost bundle and all subsequent VF-0S releases. Problem was on the actual shoulder socket itself.

1/60 V2.0

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-1S Hikaru

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1D

And all versions of those that were released as bundles with fast packs [basically everything bar the VF-1D] has problematic shoulder hinges with faulty pins that caused cracks in the joint. The actual ball socketed shoulder is fine.

All subsequent releases [from VF-1S Max and VF-1A TV max] and onwards have the problem fixed.

Original versions of the following had problematic shoulders\shoulder hinges

VF-0S

VF-0A

VF-0A ghost bundle

--problem was fixed on VF-0S Ghost bundle and all subsequent VF-0S releases. Problem was on the actual shoulder socket itself.

1/60 V2.0

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-1S Hikaru

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1D

And all versions of those that were released as bundles with fast packs [basically everything bar the VF-1D] has problematic shoulder hinges with faulty pins that caused cracks in the joint. The actual ball socketed shoulder is fine.

All subsequent releases [from VF-1S Max and VF-1A TV max] and onwards have the problem fixed.

thanks, this issue really should be stickied with the "macross toy releases" thread so noobs like me don't get stung.

trolling aside,

out of the v.2 1/60, only the 1s roy has shown to be systematically problem prone. The 1a hikaru has a few errors but it's been mostly clear since then. After the 1s/a max release, yamato reportedly changed the hinge pin to a gnurl free pin.

All Yamato macross toys are to be considered faulty unless proven otherwise

all Yamato products are designed to disintegrate into dust two weeks after you open the package. Also, they contain lead... and asbestos... and depleted uranium.

all Yamato products are designed to disintegrate into dust two weeks after you open the package. Also, they contain lead... and asbestos... and depleted uranium.

lies. they only cost like they contain depleted uranium, but that's just not true. It is true that the hinge pins are actually hypodermic needles from drug users.

My 1S Hikky, and VF-1D are good. I only know of the 1S Roy to have that issue, hence why i haven't bought one, plus i am holding out for a SDFM VF-1S roy is they make one, AND THEY SHOULD YAMATO!!!!!! WITH 2 PILOTS.

Opened my Super VF-1J Hikky and does not have the cracked hinge! I supposed the gripes are found on the stand alone Valkyries than with the Super or Strike set?

My stand alone 1J Hikky is fixed as well, the hinge pins are noticeably smaller.

I did get two broken ones, both the stand alone Focker and the Strike Hikaru 1A, but they're fixed up just fine now. It's an annoying problem to be sure, but if you know how to fix them, I don't think it's worth skipping those versions entirely.

You might even get a bargain for buying potentially cracked ones, then fixing them yourself. :)

The 1st release Roy had the most breakages. Breakages were fewer and fewer as time went on. My Roy and Hikaru Strike Valks had cracked hinges. The VF-1J had a few, but if you had releases from the later runs after the Max types were released you should be okay(a few fans reported that some of their stand alone 1J's had the unknurled pins). VF-1D has the knurled pins on the 1st run but no reported shoulder hinge breakages.

I'm not so sure about these hinge problems either, but maybe I don't fiddle with them nearly enough to warrant any breakage. I always look at the shoulders when I transform them. My VF-0 should be coming tomorrow so I'll be watchful for that if the delivery boy comes by more than once, if not I'll have to wait until Thursday for my VF-0A.

My stand alone 1J Hikky is fixed as well, the hinge pins are noticeably smaller.

I did get two broken ones, both the stand alone Focker and the Strike Hikaru 1A, but they're fixed up just fine now. It's an annoying problem to be sure, but if you know how to fix them, I don't think it's worth skipping those versions entirely.

You might even get a bargain for buying potentially cracked ones, then fixing them yourself. :)

I have yet to check my valks but can you pm me with info on How to Fix this problem.

my idea is to check with local hobby shops and replace the pins . I'm hoping that there

aren't any stress marks or cracks . If there are then what should be done?

The only problem I ever had with a yamato is the SV-51.. it was on display for the longest in gerwalk mode.. when I went to straighten its legs for battroid mode, the whole hinge/thigh just fell apart.. I literally held it in my hands staring at it for a good five minutes.. it was soooo surreal..

The only problem I ever had with a yamato is the SV-51.. it was on display for the longest in gerwalk mode.. when I went to straighten its legs for battroid mode, the whole hinge/thigh just fell apart.. I literally held it in my hands staring at it for a good five minutes.. it was soooo surreal..

Mine too...not so spectacular, but almost.

Any hopes/news about second production of Ivanov?

Thanks.

Mine too...not so spectacular, but almost.

Any hopes/news about second production of Ivanov?

Thanks.

OK, now I'm concerned, I just received a Nora type for Christmas. I have transformed her once, and noticed the knee joint on the left leg was very tight when straightening it. I used a toothpick to try and depress the little pawl in the joint. Might have helped. So the the part that broke was the ratcheting knee joint right?

I saw these on HLJ. They were released in December 2009. Can anyone verify if these have the fixed shoulder hinge or are they the exact same ones as before?

1/60 VF-1S Roy Focker with Super & Strike Parts Plus

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00180

1/60 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijo with Super & Strike Parts Plus

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00179

Can't be 100% sure what you'll get, but I just got those two and they came with smooth pins... but shoulder design still look the same as others.

thanks, this issue really should be stickied with the "macross toy releases" thread so noobs like me don't get stung.

totally agree. Actually make an FAQ, then have that faq get updated each time new info is created. I would normally encourage others to buy yamato toys (casual fans of macross that don't come here) but I always worry that if I didn't read up on it on the MWboards I could be recommending something to them that is going to crack easily. A nice easy to read faq with all that info would save so much time.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker