Yamato 1/2000 & 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

Jefuemon

Not only sold out but the molds fatally destroyed and any future reminder of this project has been buried deep in the Atlantic ocean..

I can't wait for the sequel "The 1/2000 scale Macross:Revenge of the Fallen" coming to a theatre near you in 2012.

I think Bandai needs to step in and make a huge snap fit model kit of the SDF-1. Kind of like their Yamato kit, but without the cement/painting needs. I mainly want my SDF-1 to be interactive with smaller scale valkyrie, destroids and Zendradi armor. Barring that...I guess I now feel like a dork for selling my WAVE in anticipation of this thing :(

Pete

What does this mean? I thought they were made to order. It's not as if they have a huge stock somewhere.

I had the chance to visit the showroom last month with Save. From what the staff said they had a backlog of orders to fill up to feburary. So if you order one now it wont be produced till after those are made. It looks like they will not be taking additional orders if production backlog reaches april, so still some time to get one. At least for this color variation. My money is on more milking in different colors, finishes, washes, weathering, etc,...

*edit* doh, looks like they did hit the production limit, site shows it sold out, so yeah he is right

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

What surprised me is the large number of people that did shell out 210,000yen to buy it, the staff at yamato seemed confused by the demand exceeding the manufacturing capacity also.

When I asked, they said the most likely scale of a mass produced plastic version would be 1/3000 like the old takatoku.

1/3000 scale is good size for production and price point.

Kind of wierd that somebody who bought the uber expensive SDF-1 shows it off next to a bunch of chunky munky Bandais and the lone Yamato VF-1 is the 1/60 version 1

:lol:

Maybe he sold all his version 2.0s to afford it? :)

Pete

Maybe this person has some ties to Bandai, paid big money for 1/55 scale Bandai Valkyries during the Macross drought, and enjoys some kind of price discount.

You know - I would be content with a smaller scalled SDF-1, kind of along the lines of the DX Macross Quarter (which unless I'm mistaken is....no-scale?) ...

But what I really want is just a large scale cut away diorama of the SDF-1's leg with the city inside. I LOVE that city - and I far prefer the TV city to the DYRL one because of its' chunky 70s style goofy goodness :) Although DYRL was quite nice too... still...I see that in this guy's leg they went with the TV series.

Pete

I've got more than enough room in my 7 1/2" x 3" x 3" enclosed diorama... and I would spend $2,000+ for a weathered-painted version (not just regular paint apps).

But this thing is now a non-painted exclusive item. I'd rather pay for quality & quantity... not exclusivity. That and my horrific painting skills will quickly turn that $2,000 figure into a $20 figure.

I'm planning on getting the Mac Quarter soon and I'm quite happy with my little WAVE.

Hell no. My wife would slice my balls off. Plus I am watching my cash. This put me way outta my league. I couldnt drop $2k on this. I just couldnt justify the lack of gimmicks and the non perfect transformation.

LoL thought you might have.. then it would be impossible to catch up to you then =)