Possible 'Detail-Up' V2 VF-1 from Yamato

Graham

X6IR6U57THKGPGSGMKFFZZBBVOORY3EZ.jpeg

HAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

i think he means, it's been more than a year and Yamato still hasn't sent anybody to his house to fix the busted shoulder on his v.2 Roy... :p

I wish, haha, well, as far as I remember, there was no "official" announcement of fixed shoulder issue, Graham only said that Yamato will look into it and be more thorough during QC and that after the VF-1D all shoulders should be fixed, but we all know that we're just being extra careful with out toys, if someone could please point me out to a post from Graham or Yamato official release explaining why the shoulder cracked and what they did to prevent it from happening, I'll be grateful :ph34r:

the sdf-1 sold out before the cut off date. It sold just fine.

well, I didn't know that, how many model/prototype did they made?? well, just goes to show you, the world is full of chumps :wacko:

this thread should be renamed "how yamato can use our ideas and not pay us for them".

do you how many ideas that we've come up with that they cashed in on?

don't get me wrong, i know this is so we get a better toy but why should the designers at yamato even get a paycheck when its clear that they've been coming here to poach our ideas and pass them off as their own? they incorporate our suggestions into their toys, then they tell us to grab our ankles and butt rape us into submission. doesn't anyone else see something wrong with this?

the saddest part about this thread is that its not even for something new. its so they can cash in on a add-on/repaint/re-release on the same old toy. its seems that their design department has about as much creativity as my left nut, its pathetic.

Because there's a big difference between "WE WANT >insert ridiculous demand here<!!!" and "how the hell do we make >insert ridiculous demand here< work on a 8 inch plastic toy in a way that can be mass produced and sold at realistic price?!?"

I wish, haha, well, as far as I remember, there was no "official" announcement of fixed shoulder issue, Graham only said that Yamato will look into it and be more thorough during QC and that after the VF-1D all shoulders should be fixed, but we all know that we're just being extra careful with out toys, if someone could please point me out to a post from Graham or Yamato official release explaining why the shoulder cracked and what they did to prevent it from happening, I'll be grateful :ph34r:

They changed the metal pin design so it doesn't put excess stress on the plastic of the joint, and it worked. Every valk released starting with the 1S max is like that, and they're all fine. (All my 1/60's have the new pin, and are perfectly intact despite reasonably rough handling.)

Edited by anime52k8

Question, guys. Does the Hikaru 1J have the fixes or not? I'm going to have to wait for a re-release, anyway, because I don't care for the fast packs and I want to save as much money as possible. Still, does the original have the fixes?

nope... best bet is to get the VF-1J w/ GBP-1S armor set that's due out end of the month/year.

**if you're tired of my whining, please ignore, if you have nothing better to do and wish to feed this troll, read on** :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry if my opinion offends anyone, but my point of view is this, a company that has for over a decade released among others, Macross toys riddles with defects, has not put many efforts in avoiding this and worst of all, overprices their Macross products, has released the same toy 3 times with defects, should not be trusted for a 4 digit purchase

Let's say I order a coffee mug with my named on it, and when it arrives it's misspelled and then I'm told the coffee mug came that way cause my name is too complicated why would I want to buy a coffee mug from them again, or let's say, I did, and then end up with a mug with my name spelled properly, but the mug has a hole in it and I can't pour my drinks in it, and now I'm told, they put more efforts in getting my name right so a compromise had to be done, why would I buy from them again, but let's say, thirds time the charm, and I buy a mug again from them, name spelled right, no holes, but when I grab it, the handles breaks and I end up with hot coffee all over my bitchin' Gundam shirt :D , and then I'm told, "you mishandled the mug so it broke on you", it wasn't supposed to break, but sh*t happens

then they decide to sell me a cappuccino machine that costs plenty, why would I want to pay a company for a cappuccino machine when they can't even get a damn mug right, wouldn't that just be stupid, wouldn't I be a chump for continuing on their charade

I'm sorry, this is my point of view, some people may think a discarded unapproved prototype SDF-1 is a holly grail for any macross collector and worth 2000+, but it's not an art piece,I don't know the name of the guy who did the prototype, for all I know, they could have payed some college student in art to model the thing, I can't do anything with it cause it's a big block of unpainted resin that will deform if exposed to much sunlight and adding insult to injury, there's the uncertainty that something might break because, sh*t happens

I'm glad some other people can have disposable income to waste on a 2000+ toy, but I feel I'm better off by putting my well earned money to better use and safely drinking coffee instead of putting a block of big resin in the darkest corner of my closet with some other broken toys lying around

now, I appreciate the intention of asking the community on how to make a their toys better, but maybe Yamato should use the SEARCH function on here and other macross forum and realize that we want toys that don't breaks, a VF-4, VF-5000, VF-17 and Reactive armor for the VF-0, this are universally asked for everywhere, but we all KNOW, that they only want more way to milk the VF-1 period.

**end trolling**

on topic, I DON'T WAN'T A DETAIL UP V2 VF-1

I want a completely new Valkyrie with no defects, you did it once with the YF-21, why not do it again

anyone willing to post pics of the change metal pin on the vf-1 shoulder? thanks

Edited by Valkyrie addict

There are some great ideas listed. I guess if a V3 "perfect 1/60" was launched with the features you have all listed I would consider buying one or two.

As for my exsisting collection:

I would love to see side covers and neck cover for 1/60 and 1/48 scale . Maybe they could be sold in packs as most collectors have several VF-1's???

Water transfers decals again in both 1/60 and 1/48.

Ground crew and support vehicles.

Actually as I wrote this a "detail kit" containing say 10 side covers and 5 neck covers + a set of five water transfers would be perfect.

There could then be a second kit containing the support crew, pilots and vehicles.

Just my two cents.....

the sdf-1 sold out before the cut off date. It sold just fine.

Like I said in the dedicated thread, I don't really understand this. "Sold out"? I was under the impression they were made to order. I don't believe they have a whole stack of them in some warehouse just sitting there. They probably made two or three in advance, sold those off to the first brave customers and now they have to make the rest as they receive orders, which will apparently take a couple of months.

Edited by Renato

Like I said in the dedicated thread, I don't really understand this. "Sold out"? I was under the impression they were made to order. I don't believe they have a whole stack of them in some warehouse just sitting there. They probably made two or three in advance, sold those off to the first brave customers and now they have to make the rest as they receive orders, which will apparently take a couple of months.

No, yamato only took a limited number of orders for them, like a 1000 or something and they sold that out a few days before the cut off date.

No, yamato only took a limited number of orders for them, like a 1000 or something and they sold that out a few days before the cut off date.

probably closer to 100 or less, the prototype subcontractor they farmed out the work to could only produce about 10 a month.

"sold out" is probably not an accurate way to describe it, even though that is literaly what the yamato site lists as the status. no longer taking orders is probably better.

T-Rex isn't Yamato...

Yeah, I know B)) but they do CAD designs and some prototypes for Yamato.

I hope Yamato might later consider mass producing some of these limited items. The company that makes the prototypes (T-Rex) for them went ahead and made the Zentran TV soldier. Will Yamato loose the opportunity to cash in some $$?? I believe there's a reasonable market for articulated "in scale 1/60 figures" out there.

This figure, although not that detailed as Yamato's lastest offerings, has nice proportions and is great for displaying with the 1/60 ^_^

Why not Revoltech?? Or Figma for a Kamjin or average Zentran (AND MELTRAN for use with the Q-Raus even!), totally would rock.

So they could start out with the Kamjin then Millia, make them all in 1/60, same size as the Revy Revoltech.

Then keep going with poseable figures like Max (and again for Q-Rau blue as well), Hikaru, Misa, Minmay, Global with pipe, Roy with Guitar etc etc.

You now what i want?? I want 'Detail-Ups' on the VF-11 1/60! most notably the FP's containing the missiles, same again for the 19.

I want wing upgrades with tiny ports and magnets for future ordnance attachments.

Where's our Heavy Weapons Platform for the 19 as well?? VF- is such a spoilt little brat.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

they come here to ask the US fans(which they say they don't care about) for suggestions then they make it an exclusive japanese release...what a bunch of cocks. its just more proof of yamatos douchebaggery.

please show yamato that you fully support their consistent subpar releases by purchasing their overpriced QC ridden toys. its a fact that when people keep buying a shitty product, that company will surely produce a better one! for reals guys, because everyone knows that douchebags who continuously screw you over will stop....you know, because they'll eventually get tired of it. :rolleyes:

If Yamato does not start mass producing a product that's made by a totally separate company, I'm going to piss and moan about it on the internet then continue to buy their stuff.

fixed :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

to continue the broken record.

After spending a lot of money on a PERFECT TRANSFORMATION TOY, I would like to be able to transform my vf-1s at least ONCE. (yes, I got a broken shoulder edition)

I don't have a lot of money. My budget is ONE valk per year.

Yeah, I'll say it again too. LET US BUY SHOULDER HINGES. SELL THEM SEPARATELY. The Over-Drive method isn't nearly fast/efficient enough. I don't care about getting them for as "free replacements" etc. I just want some shoulders! Ship a bunch to HLJ and Rainbow 10 etc, and just let us outright buy the darn things. (and Over-Drive's paypal-only method has other issues too).

• 3 weeks later...

Those T-Rex exclusives are must-haves for a Macross collector.

The Zent Soldier is very cool! The face shield can be opaque if it cuts down on production costs.

YAMATO - Please mass produce these, along with gun straps, support crew and vehicles, single and double extension seats, side and neck covers - thx