Possible 'Detail-Up' V2 VF-1 from Yamato

Graham

Guys, Yamato is considering releasing some ‘detail-up’ parts and/or accessory parts for the V2 1/60 VF-1.

The detail-up parts would likely be released in two ways. (1) As stand-alone accessory parts that could (if practical) be retrofitted by yourself to your existing V2 VF-1 toys, or (2) already pre-installed on a new-release ‘detail-up’ version VF-1.

Yamato thinks this is the best way to keep everybody happy. Owners of existing V2 VF-1 toys can upgrade them by just buying the new parts without having to buy an all new VF-1. If you don’t already own a certain VF-1 toy, you can buy the completed ‘detail-up’ version.

So Yamato would like to know what detail-up parts or accessories you would like to see?

Obvious ones that come to mind to me are: -

1. Added mechanical detail behind the visor.

2. Improved cockpit interior detail, i.e. more detailed ejector seat, instrument panel etc.

3. Better detailing on the pilot.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory).

5. Battroid mode side covers.

6. More detailed hands.

7. Ground crew and weapons carts.

8. Standing pilot figures.

9. Modern day NATO bombs/missiles to attach to the VF-1 wings.

10. Those pilot seats that another company made to simulate the seat rising out of the head in battroid mode.

11. Gunpod with removable access panels and internal detail.

At the moment, this is just in the early planning stage and is in no way confirmed yet.

Please keep the discussion to a minimum and just list what detail-up parts, accessories or other improvements you would like to see for the V2 VF-1.

Look forward to your comments.

Graham

seriously i think they should release as add on kit so that we could fit on our existing toys, not some detailed up version later. Who would wanna buy more multiple release?

I will definitely grab the idea of accessary kits listed by Graham like ground crew, detailed hands, standing pilots, retract seat for battroid modes from T-Rex.

Side covers & neck cover:

tuikasoubi001.jpg

Gun strip:

VF-1%20Gun%20Comparison.jpg

Assorted standing pilots like roy, hikaru, max, even Hayes or minmay

jl_macross_pilots_1516.jpg

jl_macross_pilots_1511.jpg

Retractable Pilot seats:

miriacontaina001.jpg

Detailed mechanical leg swap:

b0055614_1332648.jpg

Assorted High detailed Manipulator set:

10102454.jpg10104542.jpg

OPTIONAL DECAL SHEET to customize MG, BLUE ROSE....

img55542664.jpg

These are basically what will make me happy all day.

Edited by Vi-RS

Thank you Graham for starting this thread.

I like your list already.

A set of all the head types may be nice (A/D/J/S)

Also if we could purchase individual pilots it would be good too.

From your list the TOP THREE that I would want most are:

1.Ground crew and weapons carts.

2. Standing pilot figures.

3. Those pilot seats that another company made to simulate the seat rising out of the head in battroid mode.

Then the next three would be:

4. Improved cockpit interior detail, i.e. more detailed ejector seat, instrument panel etc.

5. Added mechanical detail behind the visor.

6. Battroid mode side covers.

But your mention of better hands, if they had all fingers fully articulating and in the style of the 1/48 GBP, then you can put that up to #2 for me (after ground crew and equipment. I am not sure if weapon carts would be enough would want the fire trailers and refueling tanks etc. too.

The only thing we need is an accessory pack with the following:

A. Gunpod with better detail and strap.

B. Single and double rising pilot seats for Battloid mode.

C. Ground flight crew.

D. Better detailed hands.

E. Max / Miriya baby pod.

The valks should just be left alone. I don't think they should be improved because we should not have to buy them a 3rd freaking time (1/60 V1 1/48 1/60 V2)!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Macross World Daddy

10. Those pilot seats that another company made to simulate the seat rising out of the head in battroid mode.

All in the list are very nice, but of all of them, I would especially like 7 - 10, especially 7 and 8.

something like the mechanical chain base? that would be awesome.

Sort of but more like this that Maverick made based off of the old kit from the 1980s:

3639078852_6815d98ba3.jpg3639078860_16f9057cf8.jpg

3639078862_b546253886.jpg3639078866_35d285112f.jpg

3639078864_30a01e3e14.jpg3639238300_317f2edc38.jpg

3639238298_54921be5f1.jpg

Or like this that Ron5864 made:

gallery_4840_93_471663.jpg

gallery_4840_41_147462.jpg

Or like this that Iceblue106 made:

light8.jpg

But have it be modular and expandable like the mechanical chain bases so that we can buy different sections at a time so that we can afford it but be pre painted and tampoed unlike the chain bases.

1. Added mechanical detail behind the visor.

2. Improved cockpit interior detail, i.e. more detailed ejector seat, instrument panel etc.

3. Better detailing on the pilot.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory).

5. Battroid mode side covers.

6. More detailed hands.

11. Gunpod with removable access panels and internal detail.

Those are my personal votes. I also second the option of good, water slide decals.

first of all: shoulder hinges please! (packs of pairs sold individually or bundled with other add-ons)

outside Japan it is very hard for collectors to get the better shoulders for earlier releases and I believe there is a customer base for that kind of pack to make it financially sound.

other add-ons:

diorama packs: ground support vehicles, personnel, standing pilots (don't just copy the Hasegawa kit sets, please make them Macross 80's), stairs, etc. Could be sold in separate packs so collectors can get their favorite parts first and gradually complete the diorama.

stickers, decals and what's that called?:

I am thinking about those transfer decals used on Gundams, they apply easily (for those with no modeling experience and waterslide decal use), they stay on better than stickers or decals (more suitable for transforming toys). Not suitable for big graphics though.

Side cover for the battroid mode, better hands and more tampo print.

Can I have a clear cockpit glass please? I don't like the 'rainbow' layers!

After seeing what an amazing job Yamato did for the 1/24 Patlabour box graphic. Most of the Macross box art really look pretty rubbish, better box art please!

Edited by macrossnake

I know I am repeating some ideas, but take it as an extra vote:

- Cockpit ladder (that one from T-Rex)

- Baby Pod (as the one from T-Rex again)

- Side covers (like the one in 1/48 armored parts)

- More hands: we need more hands in different poses. Also, the current 1/60 fix-posed hands are too large.

- Different decals: I believe Yamato already has this in mind when they plan for the plain white 1S. But not those SD girls (we've seen) please... I want the normal proportioned Minmay, Misa, Claudia (maybe not), Millia, bridge bunnies and those half naked (or naked) nose arts styles. I think decals are cheap to make?

- "Flying missiles": similar to the upcoming GBP-1 web exclusive set, we can have flying missiles from the Super parts and/or under wing

- TV Focker 1S conversion pack: if Yamato is not going to release a TV 1S... everything you need to convert the DYRL VF-1S into a TV version. TV head (black arrows), Focker figure and whatever differences

- DYRL 1A conversion pack: as above. But sincerely, I don't think this one would sell, though I really want 1/60 DYRL 1A CF heads. I need a COMPLETE line in the 1/60.

- Deluxe Pack: heads with LED visors (The 1/60 is small, is it doable?)

- SDF bridge: I've read this great idea from MWF. Make a 1/60 SDF head/ bridge background set. I'll pay US$300 for it. Or more will all details right and lighting effects.

- Fun things: Budweiser missiles and the like

- Spartan and enemy mechs (sorry can't help when there's an opportunity to talk to Yamato)

As a side note, I actually wish Yamato to release 1/48 hands too. It may not be transformable; but the only complaint I have for 1/48 is about the chicken hands.

P.S. Give me Spartan and enemy mechs. Oh did I mention that already?

Edited by ff95gj

Side covers are obvious and should have already been included.

I like what's been mentioned so far but if they do pilots can we please have TV&DYRL grunts standing and sitting also?

I don't even use the stickers they come with now as I learned my lesson fro GI Joe in the 80s. Water slides would be appreciated.

To add on to my earlier post and agreeing with some of the guys, yes, waterslide and/ or dry transfer decals as well, and I'm not talking about the standard DYRL sets, this one should really be logical since they are coming out with valks specially made for customising.

Give us Enigmas (i would really love this one), Minmay Guards, etc etc, you name it.

Edited by BlueMax

On the figure side it would be great to have little 1/60 standing figs of all the TV characters:

Roy, Hikaru, Max, Kakizaki, Global, Misa, Claudia, Milia, Minmay, etc.

If there was a SDF-1 Bridge Diorama it would have to have at least Global, Misa, Claudia and the bridge bunnies inside. I like the Bridge idea.

Also flightsuit versions of the above (minus Global and Claudia I suppose as it is non-cannon).

Sitting flightsuit TV roy Pilot is a MUST.

Also some zentraedi in 1/60 like Khamjin and Laplamiz for sure as well as Bretai and Exedol.

How about some of the concept weapons that Itano and Kawamori designed over the course of (and before) the show's run (some of which didn't make it into the show)? I remember several alternate incarnations of the gunpod, some extra missiles pods, and other funny stuff. Don't have pictures with me, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Edited by Renato