7 hours ago, leonhardt said:

Oh I know that he's busy and stuff. What I meant was that I can't access/search the manga from the app or website anymore and always receive the 404 error when I open a link to the manga. So I was wondering if maybe something happened between Cycomi and Mikimoto-san or maybe my pc is just acting up (I tried it for a few days already though).

That's what I meant when I asked what happened to the manga :D

Hello. The manga was delisted from the Cycomi web site; does not appear at the page anymore. A bad signal in my opinion.

Regards

46 minutes ago, peroliza said:

Hello. The manga was delisted from the Cycomi web site; does not appear at the page anymore. A bad signal in my opinion.

Regards

Yeah, no reason given... and thus fodder for a lot of wild theorizing.  

Some fans are speculating it may have something to do with The-Show-That-Must-Not-Be-Named now that Macross is expanding into territories like China, the EU, and UK.

Others are wondering if Cycomi lost the license because they don't have the infrastructure to localize and distribute the manga outside of Japan.

Still others are wondering if Cycomi lost patience with Mikimoto's inability to deliver on time and dropped the manga themselves.

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Yeah, no reason given... and thus fodder for a lot of wild theorizing.  

Some fans are speculating it may have something to do with The-Show-That-Must-Not-Be-Named now that Macross is expanding into territories like China, the EU, and UK.

That would be very bad news, right?

Others are wondering if Cycomi lost the license because they don't have the infrastructure to localize and distribute the manga outside of Japan.

Hmm, interesting. I have the feeling that Cycomi slowly withdraw its support from the manga. When rebooted, the web page allowed comments from readers from all around the world, then it was restricted, if I remember correctly, to Japanese users.  Then, the app was only available to mobile devices in Japan... then stopped it for 6 months... and then this... looks like a slow death, step by step... Hope I am wrong

Still others are wondering if Cycomi lost patience with Mikimoto's inability to deliver on time and dropped the manga themselves.

That would be very sad. I think a lot of readers were disappointed waiting for a year for an update and having the manga stopped at the same point as before; no progress in the story.

Regards

13 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Seems the most likely answer to me.

Nothing new in over a year - I would guess they just gave up on it too.  I wonder why they would delete it from the site entirely though.  Keeping an electronic version accessible is a paltry sum if nobody looks at the pages anyway.

6 hours ago, JB0 said:

Seems the most likely answer to me.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Nothing new in over a year - I would guess they just gave up on it too.  I wonder why they would delete it from the site entirely though.  Keeping an electronic version accessible is a paltry sum if nobody looks at the pages anyway.

Yeah, that's kinda the direction I'm leaning as well.

Macross the First is a beautiful manga, but Mikimoto's unwillingness or inability to deliver new chapters on time and on a regular basis must be incredibly frustrating for his publishers.  Never mind how annoying it must be for an outfit that depends on weekly (or monthly) visits from readers for ad revenue.  Macross is probably not a cheap license either, so having a Macross manga that was re-releasing old material immediately go on hiatus after running out of old material probably feels like not getting their value for money.  As I understand it, manga publication's a pretty cutthroat field... you can barely get away with letter the author of your hot title take a month or two off, but disappearing for a year-plus just gets you cancelled.

Yeah, that's kinda the direction I'm leaning as well.

Macross the First is a beautiful manga, but Mikimoto's unwillingness or inability to deliver new chapters on time and on a regular basis must be incredibly frustrating for his publishers.  Never mind how annoying it must be for an outfit that depends on weekly (or monthly) visits from readers for ad revenue.  Macross is probably not a cheap license either, so having a Macross manga that was re-releasing old material immediately go on hiatus after running out of old material probably feels like not getting their value for money.  As I understand it, manga publication's a pretty cutthroat field... you can barely get away with letter the author of your hot title take a month or two off, but disappearing for a year-plus just gets you cancelled.

Your manga has to be very popular or have a sizeable captive audience ...cough...Kentaro Miura...cough.. to get away with those kinds of breaks.