I'm elated at the news, but I'm confused as to how I'll get to see the rest of them.

As it has been mentioned, when there's enough digital 'pages' to make a 'book', I may be able to pick them up again. Albeit slowly.

But, I wouldn't mind it if there were a ComicWalker app for the U.S. and I could keep up with it digitally. As well as nab the 5 books already published. I'm sure someone here would be happy to receive my copies if I decided to part with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Just (re)confirmed - Macross the First will be launching on ComicWalker on April 29 (Tue), 11:00, Japan Standard Time.

No word on availability in regions other than Japan at this stage.

Again, people need to calm the hell down. When I say something is coming, its coming :-p

Mini-review:

It's the first chapter of the "Tales Of South Ataria Island".

There are some changes - the colourization of the first few pages and the last couple would be the biggest. But there are also a couple of new pages and expanded pages - in short, I found the action being described a bit more clearly, and the changed framing on some of the panels really improved things (though I'm not sold on the forced colourization).

Pros: it loaded promptly, with no waiting "in line" (like I experienced with the online Nico-nico successor to Newtype Ace).

Cons: it's a reprint of what we've already seen, and it sorely needs a zoom option (or need it located in a more obvious place).

Thanks, Gubaba! I didn't think to try and go to the actual website instead of using the app.

It's a little disappointing that they yet to have new content for Macross The First. At least now I won't have to wait for the tankoubon to see the new chapters when they do come out.

I guess the old printscreen function will come in handy then :-)

Thanks for the reply Gubaba

With a few exceptions (touch ups, coloring, etc) the printed tankobons of vols 1-5 are readily available for purchase online via stores such as Amazon Japan, and are only 600yen or so each, making them the equivalent to or cheaper than paper/ink costs of illegally printing them out (or, in other words, infringing the ComicWalker terms of use). Edited by Tochiro

Let's not talk about that here. Someone posted a link on the FB page to where they can pay and download english and spanish translated versions... such bad form.

Be happy with what you're given, some people complain about not being able to read it... if they read about how they're being taken advantage of, they might pull our privileges all together.

In any case....

WOW! We got to see it for free! Thanks to everyone involved!

I'm surprised the extraordinarily efficient legal deparment of certain entity whose name I will not mention hasn't made a move yet.

Simply put: they can't. (Long story short - it's being released by licensees in a territory outside of that certain entity's jurisdiction)

Edited by sketchley

Simply put: they can't. (Long story short - it's being released by licensees in a territory outside of that certain entity's jurisdiction)

True. But they could ask for it to be geoblocked. It's done regularly with streaming sites were the content cannot be accessed in countries were there is a different license holder.