8 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Not sure that was even a draft design that early..

VF-4 development began in 2005, officially.

That said, that is pretty clearly the production VF-4 that didn't exist until 2012.

It RICK HUNTER from the SDF-3 COMING FROM THE FUTURE!!! No..wait! It's Hikaru from MEGAROAD-O1 coming to warn his past self to marry Minmay instead of Misa!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aerocombatpilot said:

It RICK HUNTER from the SDF-3 COMING FROM THE FUTURE!!! No..wait! It's Hikaru from MEGAROAD-O1 coming to warn his past self to marry Minmay instead of Misa!!!

"Don't go near the Black Hole..."

23 hours ago, Valkyrie addict said:

New chapter, someone explain this??

After Hikaru rescues Misa from Mars base and the SDF-1 breaks trough Kamjin trap this happens

It was also in the original release.

If memory serves, it's some time of Fold mishap or eddy or aftereffect from the destruction of Mars Base.  Call it a flash forward.

What's most nuts about it, is that Hikaru's seeing his future self.

12 hours ago, sketchley said:

If memory serves, it's some time of Fold mishap or eddy or aftereffect from the destruction of Mars Base.  Call it a flash forward.

From another perspective, you might even call it a...

Flash Back 2012.

hah

hahahah

yeah ok

Waiting for Basara to show up in this timeline.:D

• Like 1

The art is top notch (as expected) but it is just different enough from the original that I really really really wish I could read Japanese.  

I want that last page of the latest issue as a desktop, would love it colorized too.  It is an epic image.

I believe there was a glimpse of the future in one of the first volumes.....and the games and movies tend to kind of hint that traveling thru space folds can lead into future or past events even alternate realities.

Through space folds, things you will see. Other places. The future, the past... old friends long gone. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, Hikuro said:

I believe there was a glimpse of the future in one of the first volumes...

Macross the First used the events of Macross Flash Back 2012 as a framing device, that's all.  

On 10/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, Hikuro said:

..and the games and movies tend to kind of hint that traveling thru space folds can lead into future or past events even alternate realities.

Macross's original series did indicate that time flows at a different (slower) rate in higher dimensional space and that, consequently, the amount of time experienced by a ship's crew in the course of a fold jump was less than the actual passage of time in realspace.  Later shows, like Macross Frontier, added the wrinkle of distortions in higher dimension space that had the unfortunate consequence of increasing that disparity by leaps and bounds... though they also finessed that the original (severe) disparity was the result of poor quality fold system tech and guesstimates by inexperienced personnel, and that improvements in tech were continually reducing that disparity (to the point of hitting zero).

AFAIK, the only time that space folds have been linked to anything like time travel in official setting materials was Macross 30: Voices Across the Galaxy.  That wasn't something that a fold-capable ship could achieve naturally or accidentally, it was the doing of an ancient Protoculture Fold Evil biotechnological superweapon that'd been purpose-built to weaponize time travel and then sealed away on Uroboros when the Protoculture realized building a thing like that was a terrible idea.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:16 PM, TehPW said:

https://cycomi.com/fw/cycomibrowser/chapter/pages/5692

Reveal hidden contents

There appears be survivors at Mars Base Sara? and they might be AUNG? ...and Max makes the Tomahawk sexy AF!

Wow, way to make Misa's spacesuit NOT hot like it used to be. 

Maybe that was the goal. Still, sadness. That was like a highlight of the original series when I was a kid :D

• Upvote 1

#10 Hectic Birthday - 2

Only six pages, but an interesting final spread.

On October 30, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Robowang said:

Wow, way to make Misa's spacesuit NOT hot like it used to be. 

Maybe that was the goal. Still, sadness. That was like a highlight of the original series when I was a kid :D

On the other hand, it is kind of cool that it's the exact same suit that the pilots wear, just a different helmet.