• 2 weeks later...

Been so long that I forgot they left the retelling of the main story to focus on a prequel story. Not sure it was worth the wait. We get about a dozen so or pages and ten of them are an explosion?

• 2 months later...
  • Shawn unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Floored at the idea of a revisit, (pow zoom), yet have maintained my enthusiasm going from 'er wha- why?' to 'hey yeah damn beautiful!', and so my fingers are crossed as always... (maybe i should know better... ;-) )

Noobish question probably, but I know some people have done a little bit of translating of First in it's original form but never getting all of it before this refresh. Any idea if anyone is going to try to do that again now (or even if the dialogue is unchanged enough that older scanlations could be adapted)? I just want more than a picture book out of it I guess, lol.

No way to tell. The translation community is capricious at best. The guy who was translating it stopped because he decided he was encouraging piracy and didn't want to be an enabler. Something like that.

Honestly, the fact that no one picked it up after he quit is probably a good sign of what will happen with Macross the Second.

Edited by JB0

If someone really wants to give it a shot google has a phone camera app that translates text in an image.  To say that it is a rough translation is probably giving it too much credit but it is a start.  I've used it a couple of times and it does give a hint of the gist of a conversation.

56 minutes ago, Gerli said:

A good translator es key, but editing and cleaning the pages to accommodate the text is also a very important task to do.

Yup.  That's what stopped me and Talos from doing a translation of Macross the First.

I'm a decent-enough translator, but my Photoshop-fu is embarrassingly weak.

42 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Yup.  That's what stopped me and Talos from doing a translation of Macross the First.

I'm a decent-enough translator, but my Photoshop-fu is embarrassingly weak.

What I would do (if I had any ability to translate, all I can do is JAVA to C#) would be to put a single number in each voice bubble and a translation off to the side, or even in a separate document.

This is sort of new for me, a comic series cancelled part way through only to be started again in a "reboot" sort of way.  

I collected however many volumes of Mac the First, even have a couple of dupes because I sort of forgot which ones I'd bought.  Nice art work and fairly inexpensive so it's not a problem to start again, but as Yoda once asked, will he finish what he begins?

Edited by peter

11 hours ago, Einherjar said:

I will gladly take the eight months worth of content even if it leads nowhere because of two words.

Gritty Minmay

latest?cb=20170803203924 21949879_358728364563295_4530031298964971716_o.jpg fixed.jpg

versus....

gallery_151_382_62941.jpg 28-29.jpg?w=700

choujikuu-yousai-macross-the-first-29937

Edited by peter

Is this "cleaning" level aceptable? It's the most I can do with my skills (The pages are taken from the website)

Maybe I can do one or two for day so any of you guys can take care of the rest.

Capture.jpg

• 2 weeks later...