7 hours ago, aerocombatpilot said:

It RICK HUNTER from the SDF-3 COMING FROM THE FUTURE!!! No..wait! It's Hikaru from MEGAROAD-O1 coming to warn his past self to marry Minmay instead of Misa!!!

"Don't go near the Black Hole..."

23 hours ago, Valkyrie addict said:

New chapter, someone explain this??

After Hikaru rescues Misa from Mars base and the SDF-1 breaks trough Kamjin trap this happens

It was also in the original release.

If memory serves, it's some time of Fold mishap or eddy or aftereffect from the destruction of Mars Base.  Call it a flash forward.

What's most nuts about it, is that Hikaru's seeing his future self.

12 hours ago, sketchley said:

If memory serves, it's some time of Fold mishap or eddy or aftereffect from the destruction of Mars Base.  Call it a flash forward.

From another perspective, you might even call it a...

Flash Back 2012.

hah

hahahah

yeah ok

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, Hikuro said:

I believe there was a glimpse of the future in one of the first volumes...

Macross the First used the events of Macross Flash Back 2012 as a framing device, that's all.  

On 10/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, Hikuro said:

..and the games and movies tend to kind of hint that traveling thru space folds can lead into future or past events even alternate realities.

Macross's original series did indicate that time flows at a different (slower) rate in higher dimensional space and that, consequently, the amount of time experienced by a ship's crew in the course of a fold jump was less than the actual passage of time in realspace.  Later shows, like Macross Frontier, added the wrinkle of distortions in higher dimension space that had the unfortunate consequence of increasing that disparity by leaps and bounds... though they also finessed that the original (severe) disparity was the result of poor quality fold system tech and guesstimates by inexperienced personnel, and that improvements in tech were continually reducing that disparity (to the point of hitting zero).

AFAIK, the only time that space folds have been linked to anything like time travel in official setting materials was Macross 30: Voices Across the Galaxy.  That wasn't something that a fold-capable ship could achieve naturally or accidentally, it was the doing of an ancient Protoculture Fold Evil biotechnological superweapon that'd been purpose-built to weaponize time travel and then sealed away on Uroboros when the Protoculture realized building a thing like that was a terrible idea.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:16 PM, TehPW said:

https://cycomi.com/fw/cycomibrowser/chapter/pages/5692

Reveal hidden contents

There appears be survivors at Mars Base Sara? and they might be AUNG? ...and Max makes the Tomahawk sexy AF!

Wow, way to make Misa's spacesuit NOT hot like it used to be. 

Maybe that was the goal. Still, sadness. That was like a highlight of the original series when I was a kid :D

On October 30, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Robowang said:

Wow, way to make Misa's spacesuit NOT hot like it used to be. 

Maybe that was the goal. Still, sadness. That was like a highlight of the original series when I was a kid :D

On the other hand, it is kind of cool that it's the exact same suit that the pilots wear, just a different helmet.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 1:27 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Yup.  That's what stopped me and Talos from doing a translation of Macross the First.

I'm a decent-enough translator, but my Photoshop-fu is embarrassingly weak.

You just make a text translation and post it here on the forums.  No need to fill in text bubbles, post it on every shitty manga aggregate website for the whole world to forever pirate and steal.  Text translations are the best thing that you could do for something like this.  It would build a community and encourage people to support the serialization.  

Anyway...

Are they releasing new updated volumes yet?  I cant seem to find anything besides the old 6 volumes.

37 minutes ago, Gwynne said:

You just make a text translation and post it here on the forums.  No need to fill in text bubbles, post it on every shitty manga aggregate website for the whole world to forever pirate and steal.  Text translations are the best thing that you could do for something like this.  It would build a community and encourage people to support the serialization.  

That's probably a more realistic option nowadays... but back when we were first tossing the idea around we were full of more ambitious ideas, and less involved in our careers. -_-

37 minutes ago, Gwynne said:

Are they releasing new updated volumes yet?  I cant seem to find anything besides the old 6 volumes.

Not that I've seen... though I'll admit I have not been paying particularly close attention to this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

How has the release for the series been?  I stopped reading since it took too long. Is the reboot going at a faster pace or same sluggish pacing with no end in sight?

They're currently on Tales of South Ataria. I'm enjoying it, although looking forward to seeing them pick up the main story again.

If you want to check back in: https://cycomi.com/fw/cycomibrowser/chapter/title/83

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So they made it back to the same part of the story and stopped again?  Sounds like no more of the story was ever actually written and they just redid my mages and art for the parts they had.

Odds are they have a fair-sized chunk of additional story written but between redoing pages for the Cycomi re-release and other obligations they need to actually sit down and draw the stuff out.  If they'd foregone the do-overs on a bunch of pages, they'd probably have fresh material ready now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Bolt said:

See above.

Mikimoto San is too busy working on other stuff, I presume.

Don't know about the Cycomi app.

Oh I know that he's busy and stuff. What I meant was that I can't access/search the manga from the app or website anymore and always receive the 404 error when I open a link to the manga. So I was wondering if maybe something happened between Cycomi and Mikimoto-san or maybe my pc is just acting up (I tried it for a few days already though).

That's what I meant when I asked what happened to the manga :D