True. But they could ask for it to be geoblocked. It's done regularly with streaming sites were the content cannot be accessed in countries were there is a different license holder.

Shhh. Don't give them ideas.

Nevertheless, it depends on the relationship between the two licensees and the licenser. In this case, the one that would be doing the asking doesn't appear to have a good relationship with the other ones.

Shhh. Don't give them ideas.

LOL Yeah. In any case, I don't think I'd be giving them anything they haven't thought of before. If there's one part of their company were their imagination and intelligence is in full cry is in their legal department.

Anyway, Macross the First looks great on the app. I really hope Mikimoto might be motivated to finish this baby.

I think that people should just resign themselves to the fact, that unless something absolutely incredible happens, there simply will not be a release of Macross the First outside of Japan.

It's not in English, but it happened!

Just curious, and I know there probably isn't an answer (yet)... but has there been any word (yea or nay) that Macross the First will still be released in print by volume?

Just curious, and I know there probably isn't an answer (yet)... but has there been any word (yea or nay) that Macross the First will still be released in print by volume?

Based on other digital releases it should be. But since they have to release all the chapters to date digitally, THEN release enough new content for a new print volume I'd say we are looking at a fair wait for just an announcement, let alone a release.

Edited by Tochiro

Do you have to register in order to see this? I just get the same twenty-some titles. The app is terribly constructed for finding this info yourself. The most verbose thing is the TOS.

Do you have to register in order to see this? I just get the same twenty-some titles. The app is terribly constructed for finding this info yourself. The most verbose thing is the TOS.

Did you change the language setting to Japanese?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New chapter is out!

Thanks! Was wondering when it was coming out.

Alright, I figured something out for Windows browsers:

double clicking the image (center, when the turn page icons aren't active), it'll jump to "zoomed in", and you can click and move the image like a PDF document. Double clicking returns to the "zoomed out" (or stretched to screen) mode.

<sigh> I wish they had clear directions for that - the settings icon only gives you the ability to change things like how fast the pages turn, turning off the page turn animation, etc..

Anyhow, make sure you click the 面白かった option when you finish reading (it means "interesting/enjoyable", and the more good vibes that we can associate with Macross, the better, yes?)

Anyhow, make sure you click the 面白かった option when you finish reading (it means "interesting/enjoyable", and the more good vibes that we can associate with Macross, the better, yes?)

Good to know thanks!!!!

Did Nora Polyansky get redesigned or is this a new female character?

New.

Nora dies at the end of M0, in Jul. 2008, before Tales Of South Ataria Island is set (Dec. 2008).

Glad to see more SV-51 lovin' I could never believe they wouid go to such effort to only produce one squadron.

Then there's the enigmatic SV-52 with Nuclear engines we still haven't seen. I'd personally wouldn't mind a variable fighter inspired by the YAK-130...

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to being re-released on ComicWalker, the existing 5 volumes of MACROSS THE FIRST have also been released digitally on BOOK WALKER. Volume 1 is on sale (only 100yen!) for the next 10 days.

http://bookwalker.jp/series/16536/?order=title&qser=16536&np=1

I hope it won't be too too long before we get a completely brand-new chapter!

If they re-run it in chronological order, it could take months before we see anything new unfortunately.

Anyone know if there would be a way to buy these from Book Walker even outside Japan (like ie. when you create a Japanese Account for the PSN or some stuff), I'd really like to buy them digitally.

You can DL the Book Walker app easily enough... but it's all in Japanese so... :(

-Sergorn

• 4 weeks later...

Any tips for someone just starting with the printed books? I bought the five volume set from amazon.jp and it arrived last week. I plan to take my time with them, even though I do not know the language. The cover art is amazing, and after a quick scan of the first volume I really like what I see inside. I figure I would use the printed set to get my feet wet before going digital, and then make that move once I've had a taste.

Also, the writer in me wanted to have something physical to hold. ^_^

• 5 weeks later...