Your thought on perfect transformation valk

shadow strikers

Wait - what "set" is being refered to here?

Pete

There's these 1/100 scale figures, comes with two 1a's 1 hikaru, and 1 max both peices of crap. The 1s in out of the 3 has never broken or fallen apart.

Dude no offense but seriously you would get a better reaction out of people here if you learned to post eloquently IE with correct punctuation and grammar Not only does it better convey your point it also makes you look less like a noob :)

Have you ever heard of laziness, and at least im trying. I'm not saying you don't but it's better then me being lazy

writing function is to enable people of the earth to understand persons other than self in a non verbal manner using this format without using punctuation is rude to the person who is attempting to understand the expressed ideas of person who is the writing but is inefficient as the writing takes time to decipher leading the person who is reading to conclude that either the person who is writing is mentally challenged and incapable of producing a coherent thought or that the ideas contained within are not worth reading as the person who originated the ideas did not care enough for those that will come to read the ease of reading and comprehension refusing to format written message in easily comprehensible manner

lol lol and lol.

shadow, your quite the supa stah lately, keep it up and we'll see where you are after alright?

These days the transformation process of many high end toys has become so freaking complicated for the sake of perfect transformation that it's become quite a pain in the neck. I personally don't mind some minor part swapping or anime inaccuracy if it means a smoother and easier process. After all, transforming a toy back and forth is what I enjoy the most, not putting it on display in certain mode. The v2 1/60 VF-1 valkyries achieved a pretty good balance, but the Beagle Mospeada motorbike was too much for me. This is also another reason why I love the Bandai VF-25.

I almost gave up on the VF-22 the very first time I tried to transform it (I don't own the YF-21 but heard the VF-22 is slightly easier to transform), but thanks to youtube videos, I managed to complete the transformation. I know many people find the Yamato instruction booklet pretty clear, but to me it was still very confusing. I gave the VF-22 another try after a while, and this time around it got a lot better. Still, I think this is the most complicated Yamato Macross valkyrie to date and is pushing the limit for me. I really think you need play around with these Yamato valkyries on a regular basis or else you will lose your grip.

Edited by Ivan

I think that the problem we're experiencing is a generational one BCZ Shaow Strike is younger than we are, and just uses whatever is now the hip and cool way of writing. To us, it looks uneloquent and devoid of punctuation and grammar - but to millions of others who are Shadow Strike's age, it's a perfectly comprehensible form of communication.

Thats why from now on Im going to write also without any punchuasian or gramamar because I want to be hip and cool like the youths of America and so anyways the thing about perfect is that the transformation is ok when it works but not so much when they do it like a series that nobody watched because it needs to be marketed for better practical effect like when I bought some starcsream in his form is not so much of course unless peanuts.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Thats why from now on Im going to write also without any punchuasian or gramamar because I want to be hip and cool like the youths of America and so anyways the thing about perfect is that the transformation is ok when it works but not so much when they do it like a series that nobody watched because it needs to be marketed for better practical effect like when I bought some starcsream in his form is not so much of course unless peanuts.

this part is my favorite not even shadow striker could have said it better than Pete way to go and by the way I like perfect transformation but hate broken shoulders damn you yamato

There's these 1/100 scale figures, comes with two 1a's 1 hikaru, and 1 max both peices of crap. The 1s in out of the 3 has never broken or fallen apart.

Toynami is that youre having scrambling eggs with the fighting aj but not s.

Have you ever heard of laziness, and at least im trying. I'm not saying you don't but it's better then me being lazy

wHy my not him does it bother?

not even shadow striker could have said it better than Pete way to go

Eugimon of earth im thinking is well right said nice two:

writing function is to enable people of the earth to understand persons other than self in a non verbal manner

ANYWAYING:

Question perfect transforation is mute because starter threading is talking Toynami 1:100 having swing bars not perfect transformation isnt write not again wrong but just saying you know cuz Toynami is always making the crap.

Pete

EDIT: CONSPIRACY THEORY:

Maybe Shadow Strike is Pizza the Hut from Robotech.com?? PTH DID say he posts on these boards, but refused to disclose who he was :) Maybe he's been posing as a 12 year old with bad grammar and punctuation for some reason??

Edited by VFTF1

I would love to see a toy that has the intake covers made PT. Just as important of a details as the heatshield. Yamato solved the heatshield thing pretty good with both the 1/48 and 1/60v2 VF-1, and with VF-11, too... Fail on the intake covers for YF-19 and fail on both for the VF-22.

I would love to see a toy that has the intake covers made PT. Just as important of a details as the heatshield. Yamato solved the heatshield thing pretty good with both the 1/48 and 1/60v2 VF-1, and with VF-11, too... Fail on the intake covers for YF-19 and fail on both for the VF-22.

That and attempted side covers with the 1/48 using those tabs. But why not do what you said and try on the intakes and side covers like they did to the heat shield.

I don't see the point in even having removable intake covers, I never take them off on any of mine. the intakes underneath always look kind of crappy anyways.

I don't see the point in even having removable intake covers, I never take them off on any of mine. the intakes underneath always look kind of crappy anyways.

My thoughts exactly. If there were some way to get the turbines in the right spot, integrated PT covers would make sense. But short of a 1:1 scale PT valk, that's probably never going to happen. Even the Hasegawa, fighter only valks have the turbines too far forward.

Find a way to engineer a PT valk with correctly placed turbines, and still get the legs to be able to work correctly, then I'd be blown away! In my mind though, with the v.2 Yamato VF-1s, we've got about as PT a toy as we can possibly get for the size.

Edited by mickyg

If it's gonna be a partsformer, at least run with it and make each mode look superb... I'm willing to live with compromised modes for the sake of perfect transformation, but when you're swapping parts AND it fails in the looks department, that I'm not so keen on.

For me, PT is preferable simply because of the eliminated step of having to find and reopen the box, pop apart those damnable plastic trays, replace the desired parts on the display piece, and then return the box to storage. In this regard, the Beagle/Toynami Cyclones offer superb innovation by making the display stand double as a parts storage container.

Having to carefully store/retrieve something as small as the Armored VF-25S neck extension piece to change modes is an irritating step in what I feel should be a straightforward process, but that's just me.

I also liked how the 1/48's, despite how many around here may feel about it, had articulated (albeit spindly) hands as a default, and could be swapped to the bulkier style if preferred. It makes the extra parts feel just like that - "extra." Not necessary for one's full enjoyment of the toy in any configuration.

writing function is to enable people of the earth to understand persons other than self in a non verbal manner using this format without using punctuation is rude to the person who is attempting to understand the expressed ideas of person who is the writing but is inefficient as the writing takes time to decipher leading the person who is reading to conclude that either the person who is writing is mentally challenged and incapable of producing a coherent thought or that the ideas contained within are not worth reading as the person who originated the ideas did not care enough for those that will come to read the ease of reading and comprehension refusing to format written message in easily comprehensible manner

Lol Eugi. Be nice. XD

I love the way the YF-19 intakes look and love how they molded the intake covers on the top part, seems like it would be relatively easy to do a hinged version of the intake cover that would fold and lock into place there. YF-21 and VF-22 is a bit more awkward... I prefer the "ducted" subtle look anyway instead of visible turbines (I never even recalled seeing turbine blades on the VF-22 except for that shot of Gamlin when he gets in his gerwalk VF-22 in Dynamite 7).

VF-1 I'm more agnostic on... the execution is less ideal than desired, but it's shown in the anime and appears simple enough that I'd still like to see it for complete PT. Just as important as the heat shield.

I wouldn't say intake covers are as important as the heatshield, considering a heatshield is an important aesthetic part of batteroid mode (and fighter mode without it) but you can just leave the intake covers on permanently(since the intakes are closed in space anyway)

But, i would be truly impressed if they could integrate opening and closing intake covers.

I love the way the YF-19 intakes look and love how they molded the intake covers on the top part, seems like it would be relatively easy to do a hinged version of the intake cover that would fold and lock into place there. YF-21 and VF-22 is a bit more awkward... I prefer the "ducted" subtle look anyway instead of visible turbines (I never even recalled seeing turbine blades on the VF-22 except for that shot of Gamlin when he gets in his gerwalk VF-22 in Dynamite 7).

VF-1 I'm more agnostic on... the execution is less ideal than desired, but it's shown in the anime and appears simple enough that I'd still like to see it for complete PT. Just as important as the heat shield.

The intake covers work really well on VF-1 which enables you to do both details in battroid mode and fighter mode.

There is no way that you can do a hinge for the cover to go up and down, needless to say once you lock it in place there is no way you can push it back. Another thing is the cover have to magically enlarged to cover up the intake or else there is no room to store the cover in fighter mode too.

So I think the current optional swap cover works great.

I like perfect transformation. No extra pieces to keep track of or lose. I don't mind perfect transformation with the option of switching out parts to make it look better in different modes. A little cheating here and there is okay if it's done in a decent manner.

Translation: please be to transmogrification glorious lose not to track of keeping pieces in the mouth minding of transmogrification glorious optional throwing up pieces to make the variations palatable tiny game-genie agrees suitable way

the Beagle/Toynami Cyclones offer superb innovation by making the display stand double as a parts storage container.

This is something Bandai's SOC have been doing for a long time.

If it's gonna be a partsformer, at least run with it and make each mode look superb... I'm willing to live with compromised modes for the sake of perfect transformation, but when you're swapping parts AND it fails in the looks department, that I'm not so keen on.

Agreed - however, when talking about Valkyrie from Macross, I think those designs lend themselves more to PT than parts-forming. These aren't getter robo. The proportions in battroid mode aren't impossible to achieve, particularly when looking at DYRL you see that the designs are pretty solid. So I think it would actually be HARDER to design good parts forming Valkyrie than to design perfect transformation ones....

I dunno...I guess I have just become acustomed by Bandai to partsforming super robots and perfect transforation for real robots. Macross falls into the latter category and so it gets PT as well.

Ultimately it boils down to whether or not the 1:1 proportions are realistic. For Getter Robot, there is no way short of anime magic or SHE's PT which is not anime accurate that that thing can switch between its' three modes because all of the modes presume shrinkage or growth of mass. It's the same with Transformers really. We're never going to get anime accurate PTs because of similar issues.

This is especially true if you remember that Marvel Comics anthromorphosized the Diaclone line to make them easier to drawn efficiently - and those then became the basis of the cartoon designs. There was absolutely no consideration of engineering let alone the possibility of making scale models or something of the sort out of those. Clearly therefore those things were not meant for PT. Ever.

Pete