Bandai hi-metal VF-1

Shaggydog

I wish there were more pics of that VF-19 in fighter mode. I'm curious how the profile looks compared to Yamato's 1/60. Also interesting is that they were able to make it PT while not having the back of the thigh area skinny and hollowed out like the 1/60. I'd like to see how they did that.

That VF-1 doesn't look too bad either. Looks like they borrowed Yamato's T-bar idea for the legs instead of sticking to their traditional swing bar.

I wish there were more pics of that VF-19 in fighter mode. I'm curious how the profile looks compared to Yamato's 1/60. Also interesting is that they were able to make it PT while not having the back of the thigh area skinny and hollowed out like the 1/60. I'd like to see how they did that.

That VF-1 doesn't look too bad either. Looks like they borrowed Yamato's T-bar idea for the legs instead of sticking to their traditional swing bar.

they have a bunch of inserts for the vf-19's legs... without them they look like the yammie's legs.

The 1:100 scale does have an advantage...namely I can have them beat up Gundams... I dunno - as long as Bandai's THIRD Hi-Metal is NOT another VF... because I have no use for 10 VF-1s with no landing gear that don't have PT heat shields etc etc. If it's just going to be a token Hikaru 1J and then move on to the VF-17 or something innovative - then that would be cool.

Yamato needs to announce a VF-19 Kai so I can stop contemplating Bandai's offer here ... :)

Pete

The 1:100 scale does have an advantage...namely I can have them beat up Gundams... I dunno - as long as Bandai's THIRD Hi-Metal is NOT another VF... because I have no use for 10 VF-1s with no landing gear that don't have PT heat shields etc etc. If it's just going to be a token Hikaru 1J and then move on to the VF-17 or something innovative - then that would be cool.

Yamato needs to announce a VF-19 Kai so I can stop contemplating Bandai's offer here ... :)

Pete

LOL... right... that's totally reasonable. They should just make ONE of each toy and keep moving on. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Don't get me wrong, I think that'd be totally cool.... I just find it VERY unlikely.

LOL... right... that's totally reasonable. They should just make ONE of each toy and keep moving on. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Don't get me wrong, I think that'd be totally cool.... I just find it VERY unlikely.

Seriously... did the bulk of MW switch over to some new kind of Kool-Aid or something? It seems like all the 'Toy' threads are full of way more fantasy and nonsense than usual.

Also, 5000 posts... wow. :wacko:

Seriously... did the bulk of MW switch over to some new kind of Kool-Aid or something? It seems like all the 'Toy' threads are full of way more fantasy and nonsense than usual.

I think it's pent up rage that is justified by the fact that:

1) No one has stepped up to give us poseable Misa, Minmey, Hikaru etc figures as Figmas, Revoltechs or anything else for that matter...

2) No one has stepped up to give us statues of Misa either. And the one Gutto Kuro Minmey and the upcoming (bad) swimsuit Minmey doesn't count for much.

3) No one has stepped up to make the VF-17

In fact - I'd say the only TRULY good news of late is the Hi Metal VF-19 Kai. Somebody finally made a better Bassara - good.

Pete

Chief Complainer